camera button not working

sko

Reaction score
camera button on my dx not doing anything. not a huge deal normally but i need it to use clockwork. it does not seem to be phisicly broken, it still has two clicks when i push it, it just doesn't do anything.

is there another way i can use clockwork or some way i can fix the button?

thx

Sorry, if the camera button doesn't work I don't think you have an alternative but to turn it in for one that does. You are using the button on the screen, correct?

To take pictures, yes.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

the strange thing is that it works when using the camera, just will not work in recovery mode
Then the switch itself is fine, are you pushing to the second click? Stock recovery requires only the first click while bootstrap requires you to fully depress the button

To take pictures, yes.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App
Your button is likely bad, it's not uncommon. Call vzw and they will send out a new one, get your current phone back to stock and send it back.

the strange thing is that it works when using the camera, just will not work in recovery mode
Then the switch itself is fine, are you pushing to the second click? Stock recovery requires only the first click while bootstrap requires you to fully depress the button
Indeed...if it works in Android but not in Clockwork, it may just be your clockwork...try this:

Open Bootstrapper
Bootstrap Recovery
Back out
Open Rom Manager
Flash Clockwork Recovery
Back out
Open Bootstrapper
Reboot Recovery

Then see if it works...

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Back