cant apply .893 update

Verifying current system...
assert failed: apply_patch_check("/system/bin/dnsmasq"
then a bunch of numbers
error in tmp/sideload/package.zip
(status 7)
installation aborted

I had golf uninstalled when I applied the update so I don't think that is your issue

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

I had golf uninstalled when I applied the update so I don't think that is your issue

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

I have masqed crusader installed. does that have anything to do with my system/bin/dnsmasq?

Look in root explorer system/bin and see if you have the dnsmasq file

i will do one more restore and try again. Fingers crossed

when you look at your system version in settings/about phone, what does it say? Also, the .893 update you downloaded through cheesecake, what is it named: 5.5.893 or 5.6.893 ?

uploadfromtaptalk1319999615185.png

The update from cheesecake and the leaked post are both 5.5.893.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Why I asked is Moto's servers are now serving up the 5.6.893 update and that update fails during installation if your phone isn't already running 5.5.893. After running R3l3as3dRoot, install the full 893 update in CWM and THEN the downloaded 5.6.893 update through Cheesecake. I know this because I had the same probs last night and dhacker29 sent me the following link: http://db.tt/btLANyTA for the complete 893. HTH.

ill give it a shot. thanks

do i need to wipe or anything for the update?

Mine won't even let me update. It just says checking for available update. Never goes past the little loading circle thingy.

Why I asked is Moto's servers are now serving up the 5.6.893 update and that update fails during installation if your phone isn't already running 5.5.893. After running R3l3as3dRoot, install the full 893 update in CWM and THEN the downloaded 5.6.893 update through Cheesecake. I know this because I had the same probs last night and dhacker29 sent me the following link: http://db.tt/btLANyTA for the complete 893. HTH.

The download file cannot be installed in CWM. I get cannot apply update.zip (bad)

The download file cannot be installed in CWM. I get cannot apply update.zip (bad)
I thought the update file had to installed via stock recovery. When I did it, the stock recovery let me scroll down to the update (which was not named "update") and select it. It then took over the phone and installed and rebooted. I then got a message that the update was successful.

Back