cant apply .893 update

Are you doing it over the .5.893 because I think you need to go back to 886 then there's an 5.893 file floating around then the .6.893 will work over it. I used a zip DTh3ory shared...

Sent from a phone

To install 5.6.893, run R3L3AS3DROOT to completion. That gets you to .886 and rooted. Then run CWR_FULL 893 in CWR. That gets you to 5.5.893. Then install Cheesecake and change servers to STAGING1. Search for updates and it will find the 5.6.893 update. DL and allow it to install. Wont install over a ROM or theme or if at less than 5.5.893.

To install 5.6.893, run R3L3AS3DROOT to completion. That gets you to .886 and rooted. Then run CWR_FULL 893 in CWR. That gets you to 5.5.893. Then install Cheesecake and change servers to STAGING1. Search for updates and it will find the 5.6.893 update. DL and allow it to install. Wont install over a ROM or theme or if at less than 5.5.893.
i just did the "search for update" thing....there is a 5.7.893 out there now....can you do this same procedure for the newer update?

I am having trouble now. I needed to start fresh, so I did these steps. Now I can't install anything past the 5.5.893 they all fail. Through cheesecake it says my device is up to date. Phone is fully functional though, I'm just gonna be screwed on future OTA's if I can't get this figured out.

GoBears

I am having trouble now. I needed to start fresh, so I did these steps. Now I can't install anything past the 5.5.893 they all fail. Through cheesecake it says my device is up to date. Phone is fully functional though, I'm just gonna be screwed on future OTA's if I can't get this figured out.

GoBears

I don't know if you'll NEVER be able to get on newest-something coup always leak.

But did you change servers? Maybe 5.6 is on different server than what everyone has been saying now (was under staging).

I even have the flashable zips and they all fail as well. I really want 5.7 cuz I'm reading awesome things about it. Especially the camera.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

the link to the cheesecake app is broke. will someone please post it again so i can get it?

Also the links for the posted update zip files are broke as well can't find anything regarding updating to 7.893 that works now. Getting very frustrated.

Try it again and let me know if it has anything to do with verifying system preinstall/app/com.motorola.zumocast

I can't install 5.5.893 and my error does say that about zumo cast and error in /tmp/lisdeload/package.zip
(status 7)

do you know what to do?

im getting the same error to do with /preinstall/app/com.motorola.zumocast...anyone know how to fix this?

Yes, I just got past this error, it was extremely frustrating. All you need is the com.zumocast file. Use a app like RootExplorer and copy the link I post below in the "preinstall/app" directory. Took me forever to get this to work, after hours of research, this should also solve your issue and you should be able to successfully update.

com.motorola.zumocast

Yes, I just got past this error, it was extremely frustrating. All you need is the com.zumocast file. Use a app like RootExplorer and copy the link I post below in the "preinstall/app" directory. Took me forever to get this to work, after hours of research, this should also solve your issue and you should be able to successfully update.

com.motorola.zumocast

Thanks man you rock....i been fighting the failed update till now....yes

com.motorola.zumocast

Thanks for this, I've tried to do it, successfully put the file in the correct folder (which I had to create under /preinstall), but whenever I reboot into stock recovery, it gives me the same error you had, and when I reboot back to my ROM, the folder and file aren't there anymore. Can you help me understand what part of the process I'm not quite getting? Thank you!

Well, I took it back to stock and applied it, but then reinstalled Liberty3 on top of it, and the .893 didn't stick. I'm assuming that's because Liberty3 wasn't built on this build. Pardon my ignorance, but I just need to wait until they release a new build of Liberty3, right? Thanks all.

Back