CWM + Kernel

Try moving ADB to a different folder location. Create an android-sdk folder on the root of your C drive and move your superboot file there. If that doesn't work, it's definitely a driver issue. If you're having trouble un-installing the drivers, the only thing I could suggest is rolling your PC back to a date before you installed the driver the first time.

Try moving ADB to a different folder location. Create an android-sdk folder on the root of your C drive and move your superboot file there. If that doesn't work, it's definitely a driver issue. If you're having trouble un-installing the drivers, the only thing I could suggest is rolling your PC back to a date before you installed the driver the first time.
Well I'm rolling my PC back to factory settings...BSoD on me earlier today. Clean slate, hopefully I can get it working. Once I'm done recovering my files and moving them to an external I may just give it a shot right away that way in case I do have to reformat again I don't have to waste so much time transferring files back

If this reformat doesn't work then I'm seriously lost. I tried sbenson's method twice and it still didn't work. Anyone got another method they tried?

You could try Wug's toolkit. Lots of people have had success with it. As nice as it is, I still always prefer people to go about things manually to familiarize themselves with the process. Here is the guide I used for getting ADB set up for my phone. Then it's as simple as running 2 commands to push the recovery file.

You could try Wug's toolkit. Lots of people have had success with it. As nice as it is, I still always prefer people to go about things manually to familiarize themselves with the process. Here is the guide I used for getting ADB set up for my phone. Then it's as simple as running 2 commands to push the recovery file.
Well just finished reformatting. I'll try Wug's, thanks!

Well this is frustrating....Drivers won't properly install even after USB Deview. I get "Galaxy Nexus" which installs drivers properly and then "Galaxy" which doesn't find proper drivers.

Does it matter that I'm already rooted and have Android Revolution? Only thing I can think of at this point

Well this is frustrating....Drivers won't properly install even after USB Deview. I get "Galaxy Nexus" which installs drivers properly and then "Galaxy" which doesn't find proper drivers.

Does it matter that I'm already rooted and have Android Revolution? Only thing I can think of at this point

I wouldn't think that matters. What version of Windows are you using?

I wouldn't think that matters. What version of Windows are you using?
Windows 7 Ultimate. Maybe I need to install all the updates first? I literally just got done reformatting the minute I posted earlier and didn't install any updates.

I don't think this will help since you're on Win7 but...I had a seemingly similar problem getting my XP work computer to recognize my phone. That Galaxy Nexus box would pop up and then it would fail to find drivers. Tried to manually install every driver I could find with no luck. Ended up Google searching the error message that it gave me and found that someone had got around it by updating Media Player. Seemed crazy to me but I was a version behind on Media Player. Updated it and boom, found my Nexus immediately. May as well run the updates and see if that helps.

I don't think this will help since you're on Win7 but...I had a seemingly similar problem getting my XP work computer to recognize my phone. That Galaxy Nexus box would pop up and then it would fail to find drivers. Tried to manually install every driver I could find with no luck. Ended up Google searching the error message that it gave me and found that someone had got around it by updating Media Player. Seemed crazy to me but I was a version behind on Media Player. Updated it and boom, found my Nexus immediately. May as well run the updates and see if that helps.
Hmmm might help.

I just updated Windows Media Player after a restart, hopefully that helps....Report back in a bit

edit: Yeah didn't work. Maybe I'll install all the windows updates and just try it again. This is getting really frustrating....about to do plan B and just use the market tool for touch CWM.

edit 2: It does say "List of devices attached" when I put in the command adb devices, but nothing shows up. "Galaxy" driver still can't be found and installed, but "Galaxy Nexus" installs fine. In 'Device Manager" Android Phone doesn't show up, but "Galaxy" does, but won't let me update the driver.

Last edited:
Good news FINALLY!

Looks like it's working. When I type in adb device a serial number shows up. Seems like I finally got it working, thanks bhfd for Wug's method. Now I gotta find the touch version of CWM and flash it. It should just overwrite the current CWM I have right?

Hmmm might help.

I just updated Windows Media Player after a restart, hopefully that helps....Report back in a bit

edit: Yeah didn't work. Maybe I'll install all the windows updates and just try it again. This is getting really frustrating....about to do plan B and just use the market tool for touch CWM.

edit 2: It does say "List of devices attached" when I put in the command adb devices, but nothing shows up. "Galaxy" driver still can't be found and installed, but "Galaxy Nexus" installs fine. In 'Device Manager" Android Phone doesn't show up, but "Galaxy" does, but won't let me update the driver.

Does your PC recognize your phone as mass storage? You might try the manual method I linked earlier. The SDK Tools exe file installs the ADB driver somewhere along the way. It probably isn't the same one that your phone is trying to install automatically. You could also try to seek Wug's advice if you're still trying to use his tool. He's always good about troubleshooting within his thread.

Good news FINALLY!

Looks like it's working. When I type in adb device a serial number shows up. Seems like I finally got it working, thanks bhfd for Wug's method. Now I gotta find the touch version of CWM and flash it. It should just overwrite the current CWM I have right?

Awesome! Yeah it will just overwrite your current recovery. Does Wug's tool automate flashing of individual components? Like just a recovery?

Yep that's exactly how I've done it. I just set up the SDK Tools manually rather than with Wug's toolkit but if ADB and fasboot see your device then it should be all good.
Alright. Well I did all those steps and did the test recovery and it's been stuck at <waiting for device> for awhile. In fastboot mode and no button inputs work. Been about 5 minutes? Great new problem

Back