Does rooting and adding a rom FIX the horrible data connection problem???

Greg

Reaction score
This sux. One week my phone works fine. The next week I cant connect no matter where I am. It's terrible. Why pay for unlimited data when you can't use it? I've tried 4g and 3g and it makes no diff.

Does adding a jellybean rom change this? Or am I stuff with a useless phone?

Help!

Since I've done to the Galaxy3 .My reception is horrible. In order for me to get reception I have to take the battery out. This is my second phone. Has anyone else experienced this? I'm really having second thoughts about this device. About to go back to the Thunderbolt.

Since I've done to the Galaxy3 .My reception is horrible. In order for me to get reception I have to take the battery out. This is my second phone. Has anyone else experienced this? I'm really having second thoughts about this device. About to go back to the Thunderbolt.

Popped the battery. Made no difference at all.

No. Rooting and adding a ROM likely won't fix the data connection. Is it poor signal or are you experiencing data drops? If poor signal, you could try fastbooting some different radios. If you are having signal drops, get a replacement ASAP.

No. Rooting and adding a ROM likely won't fix the data connection. Is it poor signal or are you experiencing data drops? If poor signal, you could try fastbooting some different radios. If you are having signal drops, get a replacement ASAP.

Its poor signal, but usually NO signal at all.

How do I go about fastbooting a different radio? I haven't heard of this before.

You'll need to set up adb and fastboot. There's a few guides here on how to do that. Before we get into that though, what radios do you have? Go to settings-about phone and post your baseband.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

you'll need to set up adb and fastboot. There's a few guides here on how to do that. Before we get into that though, what radios do you have? Go to settings-about phone and post your baseband.

Sent from my galaxy nexus using tapatalk 2

1515.09 v.fc04 / 1515.fc05

I figured you were on the latest radios but just wanted to make sure. Is it poor 4G or 3G signal?

I figured you were on the latest radios but just wanted to make sure. Is it poor 4G or 3G signal?

Both.

I'm suddenly getting a signal. Very weak, but at least it's a signal. Wonder how long it will last this time?

Both.

I'm suddenly getting a signal. Very weak, but at least it's a signal. Wonder how long it will last this time?

For my particular location, I had the best luck with the leaked 4.0.4 radios. I wasn't picking up 4G at all at my house and with 3G I was lucky to be able to get 0.4 down until I flashed the leaked 4.0.4 radios. If you use SBenson's unlock bootloader guide in the development section, it will help you get adb and fastboot set up.

Last edited:
Ok. thanks so much. I will check it out.

Back