Does the RAZR screen break easily?

SeattleUser

Reaction score
I currently have an LG Cosmos dumb phone and have dropped onto hard pavement several times. It has a few scratches, but is not the worse for it. Would I have to be more careful if I get a RAZR?

Thanks

The razr and the razr maxx are thin and wide, and aren't built on a metal chassis like previous moto phones. So they have less rigidity than the thicker phones.

Its all in how you use them, and handle them. I keep all of mine in otterbox defenders.. .

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!

I have thrown mine at the wall about twenty times....works perfect. Even ran it over with my car....great stable phone.

eddiekeyton said:
i have thrown mine at the wall about twenty times....works perfect. Even ran it over with my car....great stable phone.

i dont suggest doing it to test it though

eddiekeyton said:
I have thrown mine at the wall about twenty times....works perfect. Even ran it over with my car....great stable phone.

That was probably just in the last 24hrs. LOL

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Droid Forums

Yes, you'll have to be more careful.. lol. The plasticy screen on dumbphones is hard to break compared to huge glass screens.
But the razr is pretty tough compared to other smartphones

Sent from my DROID RAZR

joshuaericjones said:
Yes, you'll have to be more careful.. lol. The plasticy screen on dumbphones is hard to break compared to huge glass screens.
But the razr is pretty tough compared to other smartphones

Sent from my DROID RAZR

The razr is a freaking beast. Im gonna get another one and use them as bicycle ramps

Yeah right.. lol. Don't try this at home!! :D

94lt1 said:
Yeah right.. lol. Don't try this at home!! :D

Deff dont push the fact of throwing it or running it over lol. Mine is still running strong..and might i say on ice cream sammich :)

I had a customer whose RAZR broke when he bent over with it in his pocket, screen facing his leg. They CAN break very easily,but everyone has a different experience.

Depends on where and how the pressure is applied. If the pressure is displayed throughout the screen/phone compared to if the pressure is applied in one general area.

one durable smartphone

I currently have an LG Cosmos dumb phone and have dropped onto hard pavement several times. It has a few scratches, but is not the worse for it. Would I have to be more careful if I get a RAZR?

Thanks

i don't use a case or screen protector and have dropped it in water (first day) and many other surfaces never even a scratch on the screen
dents/scratches on the outside edges but screen es perfecto!

I had a Cosmos. It was the worst phone I've ever had...

I was playing beach volleyball yesterday and put my Razr on a picnic table. Someone hit the ball 30+ feet in the air and it came down right on my screen and made it fly off the table onto the ground. I dont have a mark on it.

Back