Does the RAZR screen break easily?

Even though it was just the glass that broke, you pretty much have to replace the entire display assembly. I attempted to separate the lcd from the glass, and while I was successful, it was a very nerve-wrecking experience. Unfortunately my glass was cracked on the inside so I just bought a water damaged phone for its screen. A lot cheaper than buying a new display assembly!

To the OP: If you buy a RAZR, you should probably get an Otterbox case for it. Yes, it makes the phone bulkier, but it will save you $$$. A new screen assembly is $250, and that's just for the part.

The whole point of getting a RAZR is that it is slim and light. If an Otterbox is necessary then I think I'll stick with my dumb phone. One of my objections to smart phones is that they are either too big and bulky or too hard to use with fat fingers.

I recently dropped my phone on the driveway, from about 4 ft. That sucker hit right on the corner near the headphone Jack.

I surely assumed the screen was toast.

The ole RAZR turned out to be just fine. Although the plastic is pretty roughed up lol

I drop my maxx at least every other day from my desk onto the hardwood floor. Can't see any marks anywhere on the phone.

My phone is cracked on the bottom left hand corner. Of course, naysayers in every other forum have been saying, "Oh you must have dropped it". And Verizon or Motorola refuses to do anything about it. Most tech companies will repair or refund you if the device has a failure. But, since these guys can write this failure off as "user inflicted", then it pretty much sucks for those of us who got the bad RAZRs that crack easily.

Last edited:
Someone posted on here a while back asking about phone repair. Said he was in a bar with his iPhone buddies and dropped his razr on the floor to prove how tough it was and the screen busted.:blink:

I purchased the insurance with mine so for like 50 bucks i can replace it if it breaks

My RAZR has landed corner first on tile and has been alright. I also dropped it screen first on rough asphalt and it didn't even scratch. I still went ahead and bought an otterbox for college though.

Back