Droid 1 replacement shipping from Memphis?

ok i got another replacement phone in today, and yet again the keyboard is weird. there is a bump where the o p ? enter button is. and the headphone jack is loose as a goose. making some scratchy sounds. i do not like how i am getting driods that have problems. I dont want to sound like a douchebag to tech support but i am gettin impatient with this. this is my second replacement in 2 days. so how would you guys go on to address this problem to them? i do NOT want another defective d1 and have to send them back consistently. sigh...i wish i could get a well handled d1 next time. how did you guys ask for the d2? or did they offer it to you first? bc i want a phone in good condition.

Last edited:
Got my replacement today... and I now have another on order to come in Friday. My CLNR would not get service. It took forever when I powered up to find a signal, then it was roaming. *228 and I had VZW service... for about an hour. Then it showed "No Service" and wouldn't pick up anything. Was on the phone with tech for almost an hour. I asked very nicely for a new D1, knowing what the answer would be. She shipped a CLNR, unfortunately. She also said "Be positive, it's just a fluke you got a bad one". With all I read here, I'm beginning to think the "fluke" will be getting a good one.

The Mythical D2 Replacement

Just got my 5th replacement yesterday (All in one month). My first phone was pretty beat-up without a working headphone jack but these replacements are horrible! My current phone's slider is absoluately unable to lock so it just opens. However, it doesn't jiggle loose, so I'm staying with this one.

I'm not rooted, not all-that-savvy about manipulating the phone, and re-installing all my apps and setting everything up again is a pain; I'm sure there's a shortcut, but re-installing from backups found that my market failed to recognize the apps as being installed, thus no notifications for updates. Therefore, I'm settling for this thing and just getting away from Big Red after my contract expires in July.

They never offered me a D2, didn't feel like asking for the D2 and going through the discomfort with people who clearly didn't feel like offering me a D2. I'm just going to leave Verizon behind. I don't know how you folks went about talking folks into giving you a D2, but they seem to have a limitless supply of D1 CLNs, each not-like-newer than the previous one. That's the end of my story. I really loved the droid, too.

My Droid 2 kicks my old Droid 1's ass.
I think everyone who has the opportunity should update to a d2.

I agree! I immediately realized my new D2 stomped my D1 which made it easier for me to send the D1 back. To top it off the D2 can now be overclocked to 1400!

I was going on my 4th replacement when I was sent a brand new D2.

I understand the process can be frustrating but don’t give up on Verizon. Eventually when you get a new phone it will be worth it! The D1 was an awesome phone, but the new phones leave it in the dust

If you have legitimate issues keep up the good fight!

I live in Southern Illinois and all of my phones that I have ordered through verizon or assurion have always came from a Memphis warehouse. On every tracking number it says, "left warehouse" and the location is always Memphis TN. My wife broke her D1 about 3 months ago and had a replacement droid sent to her from Memphis.

I'll take a D2 if that is the only comparable device to the D1 available. If not I only want the D1. I can do FULL and REAL Nandroid backups. Who cares about rooting and OCing if the next FW upgrade can block this again.

bad replacement

I'm guessing Droid 2 as well. Let us know.
Well I got it in and it was a refurbed droid 1 :( im bummed....oh well I guess I will wait a bit for some new phones to come out...Im up for renewal just waiting for something better than what is currently out that...obviously droid based...I couldnt imagine going to winmo after using droid! I came from winmo and man did they drop the ball and take WAY to long to try to get back in the game...MS really messed up. But hey go google!

OK....so it worked for a day....last night around 10 the screen stayed grey...so I pulled the battery and it has yet to come on...So I called this morning they are sending a replacement...but come on wtf..i guess their so called testing is to put in a battery and see if it turns on then they put a sticker and send it out...ever hear of BURN IN?!?!?!?! well I hope this next one is ok..man this sucks not having a phone!

Oh yeah and its being shipped from ONTARIO, CA

So first one came from Westchester PA...now ONTARIO, CA.

Last edited:
Got the next replacement yesterday afternoon. Everything is reloaded and (knocking on wood) seems to be running OK. Will post again if/when this one craps out. I like my D1, so I am hoping this one stays running.

Sent from my Droid

Yeah, my last replacement seems to be "ok" still.. BUT does seem to run awfully slow.. I've also noticed on more than one occasion when i open the slide, it will randomly lauch an app... mainly angry birds.. and i'm NOT clicking anything FOR SURE! Like i'll be on my home page/slide keyboard and BAM rovio screen pops up.

So we'll see how long i can take this before i just get tired of it acting up!

Yeah, my last replacement seems to be "ok" still.. BUT does seem to run awfully slow.. I've also noticed on more than one occasion when i open the slide, it will randomly lauch an app... mainly angry birds.. and i'm NOT clicking anything FOR SURE! Like i'll be on my home page/slide keyboard and BAM rovio screen pops up.

HA HA!!! Of course i jinxed myself... started operating even slower, and fc on apps.. even rebooted itself about 3 times... Vzw is now sending me a CLN D2........ i'm assuming my batter and cover will work fine though??

HA HA!!! Of course i jinxed myself... started operating even slower, and fc on apps.. even rebooted itself about 3 times... Vzw is now sending me a CLN D2........ i'm assuming my batter and cover will work fine though??

im on my 5th replacement and im sick of the phone acting up like this. how did you ask for it or did they ask you?

So I keep noticing that 90% of the people posting on here are having tons of trouble with their refurbs? I am on my first refurb after my screen cracked on my first D1 (my fault) and its a great phone! No quality issues with it and it came from TN. I have noticed its slightly slower but that's because my first D1 was overclocked to 1GHZ, decided to leave this one stock for now. Anyhow I just wanted to let some of the readers know not every refurb is trash so don't start crying right away when you find out your in need of an asurion replacement :)

So I keep noticing that 90% of the people posting on here are having tons of trouble with their refurbs? I am on my first refurb after my screen cracked on my first D1 (my fault) and its a great phone! No quality issues with it and it came from TN. I have noticed its slightly slower but that's because my first D1 was overclocked to 1GHZ, decided to leave this one stock for now. Anyhow I just wanted to let some of the readers know not every refurb is trash so don't start crying right away when you find out your in need of an asurion replacement :)

Mostly they are not talking about Assurian replacements, but certified like new replacements. These replacements are arranged by calling Verizon not Assurian.

im on my 5th replacement and im sick of the phone acting up like this. how did you ask for it or did they ask you?

I didn't ask for anything, the previous tech I spoke with told me.. "if you have any problems call back, we'll look into some other options".. when I called in last about the phone i spoke to Customer Service, NOT tech support.. She was about to order another D1.. I simply stated that the last tech i spoke to said we would look into other options.. She put me on hold.. and came back saying she was trying to submit the order for a d2..

I've never had a problem with replacement phones in the past... whether it was asurion or a manufacturer warranty... The d1 refurbs were the first i had ever had a problem with BUT they were all manufacturer warranty NOT asurion.

Back