Droid 1 replacement shipping from Memphis?

Keep trying, I just got my Droid 2 replacement today

Sure a new model would be nice, but honestly that's not what I'm going for.. I just want a solid working phone.

They offered to let me buy a diff CLN model.. and i told them "1. i'm not paying for another phone when the problems are warranty issues.. 2. i'm not paying for a CLN at all.."

^^ that sounds rude, but i assure you I was completely polite with all the reps I've spoken to.

i just got my replacement phone for my droid 1 and it was a droid 1.
Seems to be to be good but the vibrate is ridiculously loud, is it cheap
of me to call for another replacement? I think the phone is pretty good but
its jus the fact that the vibrate is pretty bad.

IMO, no.. If it doesn't meet your standards call them.. These phones are supposed to be CERTIFIED LIKE NEW.. NOT "CERTIFIED LIKE USED/WILL GET THE JOB DONE BUT IS KINDA CRUMBY".. I/you shouldn't be able to tell the difference in a refurb and a new phone.

My Droid 2 kicks my old Droid 1's ass.
I think everyone who has the opportunity should update to a d2.

Gaga, you may be able to answer this..

Does the D2 fit the D1 multimedia and car docks?? i have both for my D1 bought them when i bought the phone.. (idk that i'm ever going to get a D2.. but i'd like to know in case they give me the option)

There's a difference between having a justified complaint and nit picking. I can't say which category you fall into, but I'm sure you can.

There's a difference between having a justified complaint and nit picking. I can't say which category you fall into, but I'm sure you can.

IMO nit picking is justified when you've payed for a working new device and it fails you, and they in return send you another flaky device. It's not like D1's were inexpensive phones.. or something you got free at upgrade..

I do not agree with just making up problems to get an upgrade.. that is WRONG... BUT if you get a CLN and it is NOT like new, then I don't believe a paying customer should settle..

I will be receiving my 4th refurb today... And not once have I asked support for an upgrade.. I'm just not willing to take a flaky device and carry it for the next nearly 2 yrs (as i just started my contract in july)..

IMO nit picking is justified when you've payed for a working new device and it fails you, and they in return send you another flaky device. It's not like D1's were inexpensive phones.. or something you got free at upgrade..

I do not agree with just making up problems to get an upgrade.. that is WRONG... BUT if you get a CLN and it is NOT like new, then I don't believe a paying customer should settle..

I will be receiving my 4th refurb today... And not once have I asked support for an upgrade.. I'm just not willing to take a flaky device and carry it for the next nearly 2 yrs (as i just started my contract in july)..

I agree 100%, my almost 1 yr old was in far better shape than the "CLN" they sent as a replacement. Thank goodness my original D1 is working well as I would be pretty upset if I kept getting sh!^ phones as replacements.

Why settle for something that is less than satisfactory?
Theres nothing wrong with nit picking, people just want to get there moneys worth and have a device that has no problems at all.
Not everyone can afford a brand new device every time the old one has something wrong with it, hence "nit picking" for a warranty replacement thats in good condition.
:):):):):):):):)

Just got my 4th CLN D1.. haven't booted it up yet.. BUT this thing looks to be in solid shape! it came better packaged than my original! I mean there is plastic ALL over this phone.. not just the screen.. has the plastic between sliding mechanisms, around all the edges, over the camera.. EVERYTHING! Hoping this one is satisfactory and that i'm DONE with this mess!!!

Only thing that is going to suck is.................. i've beaten angry birds.. now i'm gonna have to start all over.. :(...... right?

I have a warranty replacement coming tomorrow. My current D1 went through a phase about a month ago of random shutting off and then it got to a point where it wouldn't boot up. Plugging in the charger sent it into a boot cycle of "M" and "Droid" and back to "M" and so forth. What ended up getting it to boot was plugging the charger in without the battery loaded. After that, I shut it down and put the battery back... worked fine since. Started shutting down again this past weekend so I visited the local store and they have ordered a replacement.

Now here's my question... I'm getting skittish about the CLN replacements after reading all these posts. If I get the CLNR and it appears flaky, I may decide to keep my current D1 and just risk it going nuts. I was able to get it out of the boot loop again by doing the same thing I did a month ago, so I may just gamble on being able to do that. My warranty is currently good through April 2011. If I accept the refurb, I go to 90 days, correct? If I decide not to accept the refurb and send it back, am I still good through April?

so after i charged my phone and my keyboard is leaving a space along the bottom of the phone and it is bubbling up and is not aligned right. and ontop the vibrate is just annoyingly loud.
and i called in to see if i can get a replacement, and they are shipping one tomorrow.
the thing was while i was on the phone, the rep said it could be any droid lineup. so they said whatever phone is available at the warehouse is what i get i guess.

so i get another replacement tomorrow. hoping i could get d2 new or a perfect d1. but i would prefer the d1....

I have a warranty replacement coming tomorrow. My current D1 went through a phase about a month ago of random shutting off and then it got to a point where it wouldn't boot up. Plugging in the charger sent it into a boot cycle of "M" and "Droid" and back to "M" and so forth. What ended up getting it to boot was plugging the charger in without the battery loaded. After that, I shut it down and put the battery back... worked fine since. Started shutting down again this past weekend so I visited the local store and they have ordered a replacement.

Now here's my question... I'm getting skittish about the CLN replacements after reading all these posts. If I get the CLNR and it appears flaky, I may decide to keep my current D1 and just risk it going nuts. I was able to get it out of the boot loop again by doing the same thing I did a month ago, so I may just gamble on being able to do that. My warranty is currently good through April 2011. If I accept the refurb, I go to 90 days, correct? If I decide not to accept the refurb and send it back, am I still good through April?

I would call and double check, but I'm fairly certain your warranty is 1yr regardless of the fact that you get a CLN mid way.. I don't think they revoke your 1yr and replace it with a 90 day warranty.

When dealing with replacements, your warranty is good until it's original date or 90 days from getting the replacement, whichever is longer. In your case, if you accept the refurb now you will still be covered until April.

I'm guessing Droid 2 as well. Let us know.
Well I got it in and it was a refurbed droid 1 :( im bummed....oh well I guess I will wait a bit for some new phones to come out...Im up for renewal just waiting for something better than what is currently out that...obviously droid based...I couldnt imagine going to winmo after using droid! I came from winmo and man did they drop the ball and take WAY to long to try to get back in the game...MS really messed up. But hey go google!

Back