Droid 2 ext batt on droid 1 results

hemorrdroid

Reaction score
Okay, got my extended batt in on friday afternoon. Popped it in, and slid the new cover on. I must say, it is MUCH thinner than i imagined it would be, like they couldnt have made it any thinner unless they just used the stock cover.

Anyway, to the good stuff.

Charged it all friday night. Woke up at 8:30am Saturday and took it off the charger. I will admit that i do not use it heavily on the weekends, i dont stream music or tether. But i do email, play games, read FML, surf the web, text, make calls etc. and i usually need to charge my phone at betime Saturday evening.

Saturday i probably spent 30 minutes on the phone, 45-60 minutes on Home run Battle, 20-30 min on the web, sent about 20 texts, 15 min on FML and Funny Jokes, and updated 15 apps. WIFI was on all day, but most of the day i was away from home with no network to connect to. At midnight on Saturday my phone was at 60%

Sunday was roughly the same as Saturday as far as usage, maybe only 14 texts, and was on wifi most of the day. At 12:30am i was at 10%, so i used wifi tether to kill off the last 10, i downloaded a large file to my laptop, it made it to 48MB which took about 25 min of wifi tethering at full speed to kill the phone.

So while it wasnt heavy use, I did manage to get 40.5 hours out of my battery this weekend, and if i hadnt tried to kill that last bit off, i could have made it to 48 hours as i wouldnt have been using my phone during the night.

I am impressed, I will be doing more testing this week, when i am at work i usually keep it on the charger because i always kill it before i go home. Trying to see if i can make it all day without the charger today. Will also be doing a tethering test when i get a chance to get a direct comparison of the batteries. Do a 100%-0% Tether test, to rule out any variables.

Forgot to mention, using auto brightness and 1 minute screen shutoff, no other batt saving techniques.

Edit:A full day at work and i'm at 50%, that is a great improvement, usually i can kill the battery in a work day. Usage: 34 texts, ~20min HomerunBattle3D, 59% time without signal (main draw of my battery at work) 45 minutes of wifi tethering, 20 minutes browsing web and a total of 1.5hrs with the screen on.

Also, FYI, i had the body glove case prior, but it would not snap on with the extended battery. Well i removed the battery cover and tried the case again, it snapped right on!

So, is the battery icon accurate for this battery? I use battery left, and am tired of turining it off then on for the Seido extended battery.

The meter is more accurate with this battery than the Seidio (well, could it really be any worse!!).

This batter sticks out about 2 mm. It is not noticeable at all. Of course I came from the Seidio. The most noticeable thing is the blue battery door, but even that sort of blends in and is not very noticeable.

Mine is calculating out to last about 32-33 hours. I charge it each night when I go to bed so it still has plenty of charge.

Were not talking about the seidio extended battery? Which extended batt is it?:blink:

Its the extended battery for the droid 2.

Set Your Location

I'm just wondering if you can still use the car dock with it, if so I will definitely get this.

While I haven't tried one in mine to be able to report first hand I have heard that not only does the car dock still work but that it actually 'fits better' somehow. Now sure what that means but there it is.

I would be very interested to see if this fits in the new Droid2 dock with the Droid1 insert installed...

Interestin. I didn't know they made one for the droid2. I know didn't used to have one for the droid one and i've been using a seidio with mixed results. Its definitely better then stock. Its 2600mAh instead of 1800 though. i'l be curious to see how other people report on this!

Ordered mine yesterday. Should get it tonight. I'll report out after a few days. But from what I've read this is a much better solution to the Seidio. And for those concerned with the Droid 2 cover, you can still use snap-on cases such as the Seidio uf you don't use the battery cover.

Yes i am using the extended battery from verizon. The back is not thick AT ALL. If you put a penny on your stock battery cover, that is how much thicker the new door is. I imagine it would work in the dock, although i do not have one. My phone reports very accurately the percentage left, and yeah, over the weekend BatteryLeft was reporting a 44 hour battery life (light usage).

Also, the blue color doesnt look bad at all, but i keep the cover off so i can use my body glove case now.

Yes i am using the extended battery from verizon. The back is not thick AT ALL. If you put a penny on your stock battery cover, that is how much thicker the new door is. I imagine it would work in the dock, although i do not have one. My phone reports very accurately the percentage left, and yeah, over the weekend BatteryLeft was reporting a 44 hour battery life (light usage).

Also, the blue color doesnt look bad at all, but i keep the cover off so i can use my body glove case now.

:icon_ worthless:

Pics Please!:biggrin:

Back