droid 4 battery

Agreed. Some of the comments I've read on this board led me to believe I'd get about 9 hours for a full charge... but like I said, I've been averaging 24.

Rooting itself cannot brick your phone. Their is a droid 4 utility available from mattlgroff (or something like that) that does it in less than 2min. Just make sure you have a good amount of charge on your phone so it doesn't die in the process. The only way you are going to brick it is by freezing vital system apps or flashing roms either 1) not meant for the D4
2) flashing outside the safety of safestrap or
3) not following the directions given in the op of whatever hack/mod you are attempting.
I would suggest that someone that has never flashed a rom or is new to android and moto phones especially avoid doing anything beyond rooting until the fastboot files get leaked to us. Something else to remember is that until we have a deodexed stock rom that you avoid changing any of your icons via rom toolbox or any other means as that will also cause some issues.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk

Have you ever went to root your phone via a Windows/Mac/Linux Utility and your computer or electricity turn off without notice during the process? I haven't and I'm sure a large majority of rooters also haven't experienced it, including yourself. So saying rooting can't brick a phone is misleading. If you wanna test it to prove yourself right, go ahead lol, but I'm sure you wouldn't.

I bought D4 on the first day it was available, since it was my birthday. My D4 is not rooted, since I, too, am relatively sure that I would screw up the whole thing. That being said, I'm coming off a Droid2 Global, and I am impressed with battery life so far on the D4. I have most things turned as low as possible, including the video screen. I use my phone frequently throughout the day & when I play Angry Birds, I make sure the phone is charging or fully charged. AB will eat battery life like nothing else I've seen. Just sucks it right out.

I had 2 extra batteries for the D2 & would regularly go thru 2 fully charged batteries in a day. For the D4, I bought a couple of external batteries to give me a little charge after a long day, but I rarely have to use them.

Just wait till you get 4g in your area. Battery time will be cut by half or more. We switched back to 3g.

4g on the d4 is fast and short lived unless you have it plugged in all the time.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk

i am extremely happy with my D4 battery life. i can get around a day on average use . 12 hours on heavy use. and when im really bored at work operating my machine i tend to be on it more so i get about 8 hours.

Back