Droid overheating

jessejdroid

Reaction score
My wife and I both have droid 1s and she is on her 1st cnlr and I'm on my 3rd any help wouldbe appreciated

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

you gotta give some more info on whats happening...

Rooted - Not Rooted?? If rooted-what rom and kernel? What your temps are??

both phones are non rooted and get very hot while plugged in to the charger, if my son or daughter would have touched im sure it i would have been deeling with tears from one of them

both phones are non rooted and get very hot while plugged in to the charger, if my son or daughter would have touched im sure it i would have been deeling with tears from one of them

I am having the same problem. If I use my phone for any purpose for extended talking, dowloading, or anything, it becomes very hot. Not warm, but excessive heat! To the point of being uncomfortable.

The only time I have excessive heat on my Droid is when I'm running GPS navigation in Google Maps. I'm even overclocked to 1250Mhz ... Before I jumped to the root crowd, my droid handled GPS Navigation without much of a problem - sure it got warm but not painfully hot.

Both my parents have Droids as well and use GPS Navigation quite a bit with similar experiences as mine. It took them a bit to get used to the "getting warm" issue with the Droid since they both came from dumb phones that never did this.

My battery would get up to about 120 degrees while online before I rooted but now stays pretty cool for the most part. Try getting a battery temp using something like battery indicator to try to give specific temps.

Sent from my Droid

Battery indicator does also along with battery % and health w/o root
I don't think you can get cpu temp without root, only battery
Sent from my Droid

The only time I have excessive heat on my Droid is when I'm running GPS navigation in Google Maps. I'm even overclocked to 1250Mhz ... Before I jumped to the root crowd, my droid handled GPS Navigation without much of a problem - sure it got warm but not painfully hot.

Both my parents have Droids as well and use GPS Navigation quite a bit with similar experiences as mine. It took them a bit to get used to the "getting warm" issue with the Droid since they both came from dumb phones that never did this.

+1 for Nav overheating. Took a 45 minute road trip yesterday and this sucker got smoking hot. Think I registered 120f. I know because my alarm went off for SetCPU as it is one of my warnings.

Other than this, the phone runs fine but this one freaked me out a little.

Back