Droid razr ear speaker rattle...

dustinslee

Reaction score
I got my droid razr yesterday so far i love the phone but same as the bionic i got (which i returned) i have a rattle in the ear speaker i know i need to take it back but i am gonna make sure i wanna keep the phone or wait on the galaxy nexus. Just wondering if anyone else was having a vibrating sound from ear peace? Thanks for ur time ...

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

I got my droid razr yesterday so far i love the phone but same as the bionic i got (which i returned) i have a rattle in the ear speaker i know i need to take it back but i am gonna make sure i wanna keep the phone or wait on the galaxy nexus. Just wondering if anyone else was having a vibrating sound from ear peace? Thanks for ur time ...

My GF just got hers lastnight and she hadn't made a call on it yet but one thing I did notice is the tutorial video on the phone had rattle from the speaker when we played it. Could have been the video but it sounded like :censored:. I haven't had time to test it myself or other videos but so far my OG Droid sounds better then that. I'm a huge moto fanboy so I'm hoping it was the video, the phone is sweet and amazing.

Sent from my Moto Droid

My external speaker sounds great! I love the phone its sweet! Maybe its just mine i will keep testing and if i wanna keep it i will get another one... oh by the way the camera is amazing! So clear beautiful pics!

Mine does the same thing

Mine does the same thing. It's super annoying. I am also taking mine back. I hope it is just a manufacturing error on my handset

Sound crackles and is not strong on mine either. Did not have this issue in Droid 2.

My speaker and ear piece work great, what i do have an issue with is a loud whistley staticy sounds while streaming music through my car Bluetooth.. very annoying.

Ive got the same problem.. earpiece speaker crackles.. voice quality was very poor on call.. Faulty handset..? Should I get it changed..?

Sent from my XT910 using DroidForums

I am taking mine back tomorrow and swapping and making sure that the other one i get is a keeper before my 14 days are up... i have had several droid x's and 2 bionics over ear speaker rattle...

Please reply when you get your new phone

I am taking mine back tomorrow and swapping and making sure that the other one i get is a keeper before my 14 days are up... i have had several droid x's and 2 bionics over ear speaker rattle... Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums
Hello, Please post back once you have returned it and if your next handset is better. I am returning mine tomorrow as well. The rep at Verizon will have to verify there is a problem. The best way to get it buzzing good and loud is to plug it into the charge and make it heat up a lot. The warmer it is the louder the buzzing sound becomes. I took it to the store and had it laying out in my cold car. When I got to Verizon the buzzing sound was gone. So I thought I was stupid, but if you keep the phone warm, it will buzz for them so they should have to exchange it. I will repost when I get my new handset. Thanks, Daniel

Okay well i went and this is what has happened so far i went the rep heard the rattle so we swapped the phone all was good and i left made a test call sound was gone! Played my music player when i got home and the external speaker was rattleing i went straight back they swapped again and now all seems better i will make sure i do some hard testing so i make sure they all dont do this at some point! I love this phone i really hope this is all for me so thats my evening.

Okay well i went and this is what has happened so far i went the rep heard the rattle so we swapped the phone all was good and i left made a test call sound was gone! Played my music player when i got home and the external speaker was rattleing i went straight back they swapped again and now all seems better i will make sure i do some hard testing so i make sure they all dont do this at some point! I love this phone i really hope this is all for me so thats my evening.

Great snakes..!! so there is no other alternative.. have to take it back then.. but thanks for the info, will check both speakers during the exchange..!! Thanks dustinlee..! :D

I just discovered external speaker rattle ..... on this phone as well.. i really like this phone but i aint gonna keep trading and trading i have some thinking to do... anyone think the rezound is worth getting i have my Droid x but its hard going from a nice fast phone back to that... any advice welcome...

its a shame really..! the phone is let down with irritating issues like these..!
and here in Dubai, I'm not sure if we can get an exchange on the unit.... :$

Hadn't made a call on mine till I read this, so I checked my Voicemail just to see. And sure enough I do have the slight rattle on the phone no matter what the volume it is at.

Back