Droid razr ear speaker rattle...

But if they come out with a whole new phone Verizon isn't going to give us those they will recycle all the refurbished Razrs and we will be stuck with the same problems.

Very disheartening....

Well, this sux... stupid 14 day period, not long enough. Now ill have to call the rep, try to recreate this issue, and pray that the Nexus is announced ASAP. Really like moto and droid names, but sick of bad manufacturing of would be good devices (or stupid OS changes that bug the phones out).

*sighs*.... really wanted this phone to work out.

No way they'll make a RAZR II and trade that out for the RAZR's.... now i know how bionic owners feel. ;-(

Verizon tech I just got off the phone with had not heard of this issue yet and didn't find anything in their database when searching for the problem. So he opened up a ticket for their team to research it and see what is going on with the phone. I gave this forum as a possible reference point of many people having this issue. I am sure nothing will come of that in time for me to make a decision to keep the phone or not but at least it is getting on record some where. I can't say I buy into the whole glue thing being the issue, because when I play music and videos from my external speaker I get no rattle. It is just phone calls, it really sounds like they are pushing to much bass to the speaker and that is cause the problem. When people are talking monotone voice I don't hear it, only when the volume increases (like when I was placed on hold with Verizon) does the issues present itself.

Turns out my data dropping yesterday might have been because of just an outage and not the phone itself, so if the speaker rattle is the only problem I am having that is not enough to send the phone back. Because if I take this phone back the only option I have right now is the Iphone 4s and not sure I want to go down that road.

Try going into Sound/Media Audio Effects

3D is enabled for headphones and Bass Punch for speaker. I figure Bass Punch is what is giving folks the Buzz.

Man I got really excited when I saw your suggestion @jtpowell, because that seemed like a perfect fix for what seemed to be happening. Yet even with all the effects turned off the problem still persists.

^^ I changed this too but I dont think it applies to phone calls just media - music

I do believe however that it is software related which gives me hope because an update would fix the issue. Just sucks because it seems there are phones out there that do not have this problem so then that reverts back to it being hardware related.

Possible FIX!

I had the same issue when I got my Droid X. I took a can of air and gave the speaker a quick burst or two and that blew out what ever was causing the rattling. It's been great ever sense.

I had the same issue when I got my Droid X. I took a can of air and gave the speaker a quick burst or two and that blew out what ever was causing the rattling. It's been great ever sense.

You all the times I complained bout this problem I never thought of doing this. You had the same problem on your Droid X? I have 3 of them (2 I claimed as warranty thru moto) and haven't experienced that with them but touche on that suggestion.

Does not fix the problem, I blew some compressed air through the ear piece and it still rattles at times.

For what it is worth I exchanged my Razr for a new one today just before my 14 day ran out, and so far no rattle. *Fingers Crossed*

I only had 1 with a ear speaker rattle but i kept returning them and after 5 I gave up bc all of em on high had a external speaker rattle!

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

I was having the rattle issue too...I went in to the audio effects and took off bass boost and then turned my audio level down a couple notches and the rattle went away....I had a forty minute call last nite with no rattling....

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

Speakerphone is hrooid on RAZR

Can't hear a word when driving in the car! First opportunity to use speakerphone came when riding in taxi. Had to put the phone on speaker while listening to a message. Neither of us was able to hear the message, so we ran a test the next day, and called each other on the phone. We have 2 Razr's. Speakerphone sucked on both. had to hold mine to my ear, and while doing that, the dial pad buttons are active and engage, and I head beeps. This is horrid!!!!! Love the SMART-hate the PHONE. But, let's face, it, the PHONE is more important than the SMART, and it's the Razr's worst feature. have to go through a million clicks to make a call. Also dislike the "recent/last accessed" number banner. Why is it there????? Honestly, I am thinking of selling the Droid and buying an Iphone or the new Samsung with ICS. BYW_when is ICS coming to Razr? Ever?????

Whats the latest in this?

My external speaker is rattling when warm. I phoned Verizon and the person talked me through a system reset. Lost all my customization, downloaded apps, ringtones, and every thing else except my contacts. The reset did not fix the problem. Now they have sent me a new phone, but I am reluctant to go through all the configuration just to find it does not fix the problem.

Back