Droid X2 Screen Question

mike4428

Reaction score
I mentioned this in the "Initial Thoughts on X2" thread, but I thought I'd make my own thread to hopefully get some other opinions. I'd also like make sure my X2 is typical before the 14 day period is up. Anyway, has anyone noticed how there is very noticeable grid under the screen in certain lighting conditions? It's mostly in natural sunlight (doesn't even need to be real bright out) and when the screen is off, which doesn't really bother me. However, I've noticed that even with the screen on in direct sunlight, it can be fairly noticeable. I'm assuming this is the "capacitive grid", but I've never used a touchscreen device where it was so obvious. The grid is comprised of squares approximately 3/16" x 3/16" with smaller linear channels in between. Has anyone else noticed this? Maybe I'm just being picky, but the only time it actually bothers me is when the screen is on and I can still see it. I'd take a picture, but I couldn't get any to turn out. Thanks.

What phone did you come from? I've heard that the X2 screen leaves a lot to be desired. It lacks clarity over the original Droid and Droid X.

(from Beka's DX)

Ya mine has the same grid , however I can't see it when the screen is on.

Came from the original Droid. Maybe I just need to adjust my typical viewing angle and I won't notice. It's only noticeable with the screen on when I'm outside and it's quite sunny.

yep, the x1 also has this same grid when viewed from a certain angle in certain light. identical grid pattern, actually.

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

Back