Full Verizon CES 2011 Press Release Recap

Whoa whoa whoa so was the LG optimus not a Verizon phone? I was just set on it man, and has anybody heard how much RAM it had??

too bad none of these phones are coming out for months. once again verizon fails in bringing up to date technology and releasing it when other carriers release the same thing months before. smh

I have 9 months to go on my Upgrade for 2 years, so I'll wait. I'm OK with my D1 even tho my screen is LOL cracked beyond fun. :D But, Yes we are more disappointed like a kid on their birthday, when they get presents of cloths and no toys. :p

Wow, Verizon has officially fallen behind just about every other carrier.

They are basically releasing an EVO more then half a year later. The Bionic is a stripped down version of the Atrix, and the other phones are either small upgrades or terrible.

They are basically releasing an EVO more then half a year later. The Bionic is a stripped down version of the Atrix, and the other phones are either small upgrades or terrible.

really really don't want to disagree, but it does look this way...

Great network but sub-par device selection. Don't get me wrong, there's still good devices to choose from...

Several years ago, in a conversation about my first Blackberry, a Verizon rep told me they were quite proud of not offering or supporting the most cutting-edge devices. He said something like they wouldn't offer or support anything their tech support people hadn't thoroughly vetted first.

It was just one conversation and it was about 6 years ago. Draw your own conclusions.

Wow, for such a pro-Verizon forum I cant believe all the hate.

I didn't think it was bad actually. For the first time in a long time I have doubts about getting the iPhone if Apple announces it next month.

Verizon definitely dropped the ball IMO. They didn't talk at all about 4g pricing or much on the specs or the expected release dates of the phones.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Wait a min....aint the Atrix the only new Android phone going to AT&T so far? Is the XOOM going there? What other Android phone is on AT&T that one would consider high end after the Captivate and Atrix??

Verizon's line up is nothing to sneeze at. And we need some hang your mouth open Android phones on more than 1-2 carriers..

Think about all the extremely happy AT&T users....lol Hey, think about the AT&T users that might stay and try the amazing Atrix instead of the iPhone...

Think bigger ppl.....think bigger.....

Several years ago, in a conversation about my first Blackberry, a Verizon rep told me they were quite proud of not offering or supporting the most cutting-edge devices. He said something like they wouldn't offer or support anything their tech support people hadn't thoroughly vetted first.

It was just one conversation and it was about 6 years ago. Draw your own conclusions.

Funny how times change. I was in my local VZW store this weekend getting a replacement for my D1. The not so cheery associate who was helping me mumbled how she hated tech support. I just laughed it off and she started going off on Verizon. She was upset that Verizon turned all the sales reps into sales reps/tech support overnight without any training and she didn't know what the hell she was doing. It was funny because her manager was standing next to us helping someone else while she was just ripping Verizon apart.

I had to go back in yesterday because the camera didn't work and the replacement they gave me and she was still there working.

So I guess Verizon is investing more money in there network then in there associates or hardware....unless they paid an insane amount of money for the iPhone?

I also wanted to add, Verizon had the Droid 1, the X, the Inc, Droid 2 ....Verizon has always had the best total line up IMO. Its time to spread that wealth around..

It amazes me that they have some of the People that demonstrate the phone and they do not know much about the phone. I just finish Watching Jon4Lakers interviewing and looking at the Thunderbolt. He ask the guy if the phone had Flash. The guy shows him the Flash light..

Check It out!!!

[video=youtube;NxqIfEacEp0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NxqIfEacEp0"]YouTube - HTC Thunderbolt: Hands On Tour (Verizon 4G LTE)[/video]

It amazes me that they have some of the People that demonstrate the phone and they do not know much about the phone. I just finish Watching Jon4Lakers interviewing and looking at the Thunderbolt. He ask the guy if the phone had Flash. The guy shows him the Flash light..

Check It out!!!

YouTube - HTC Thunderbolt: Hands On Tour (Verizon 4G LTE)

He was commenting on the dual flash LEDs. He never asked about flash video.

I agree. None of the phones had the WOW factor of the og Droid and the Droid X IMHO. Looks like I'll be sticking with the X.

Back