Galaxy Watch 7 and 7 Ultra

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
The rumors that Samsung is coming out with a square design were proven true and false with the release of the 7 Ultra .

Along with a new version of Wear and One UI both the 7 Ultra and GW7 there is a new processor that boasts better performance and battery life improved up to 50% !

The Galaxy Watch 7 comes in the 40mm and 44mm versions and have the same screen size , bezel size , battery size and screen material as the GW6 and Bluetooth/Wi-Fi or Bluetooth/Wi-Fi/LTE are offered again . Both have double the memory of the GW6 and dual band gps . Standard and no gap 20mm bands work with both models . Silver or army green are your color choices .
New sensors that I'll talk about in another post once Wear 5.0 comes out and we can use them .
Pricing varies depending on discounts, trade ins and promotions .

New to the Galaxy lineup up but also a look back a few models is the 7 Ultra . It takes its overall shape from the old Sport series and adds a Gear 2+ twist while having the battery specs and body material of the Galaxy Watch 5 Pro . They added in 10 atmosphere diving pressure capability and ipx68 water resistance (notice I didn't say proof) . 47mm screen size and Ultra specific bands round out this model . For quite a bit more money you get the same software and processor as the 7s but bigger battery , titanium , a 3rd button (which isn't a twist knob like AW ) , a better vibration motor , dual microphones , dual speakers , and faster charging capability . Pricing varies depending on promotions , trade in values and discounts .
Dark gray. , silver and white are your color choices . LTE capability comes on all choices . No Bluetooth/Wi-Fi only offering on this one .

Gone from all 7s is the ability to charge your watch from your Galaxy phone .

I just ordered a 7 Ultra dark gray and black band .
I'll post more about it when it arrives .

Darth Mode 10+
View attachment 90491

Last edited:
Awesome write up as always my friend. I'm looking forward to your thoughts on the Ultra and some pics in person review.
It's gonna be nice not having that tiny 44mm GW6 on my wrist soon , somewhere around the 14th of this month , but that's the biggest one they made until the Ultra . Even my Gear S didn't look big on me .
20240714_150518.jpg

Darth Mode 10+
View attachment 90493

Last edited:
It's gonna be nice not having that tiny 44mm GW6 on my wrist soon , somewhere around the 14th of this month , but that's the biggest one they made until the Ultra . Even my Gear S didn't look big on me . View attachment 90492

Darth Mode 10+

Oh yes I’m so used to my Apple Watch Ultra and this one looks identical

Ummm . No . This is what mine will look like before I add a stainless steel band to it while I wait for Bandini twist flex bands to come out with a band for it .
Screenshot_20240625_165418-picsay.jpg
SmartSelect_20240714_165733_Shop Samsung.jpg

Darth Mode 10+

The watch arrived on Tuesday and I've spent a couple of days setting things up and deciding if I like it or not .
Just before I went to bed Tuesday night I did a factory reset because it , to be brutally honest sucked @$$ . Crashes , freezes , literally watch the battery drop over 1% per minute .
I wore the Trail band yesterday and find it ok so I tried the Marine band again (tried it Tuesday night, didn't like the fit ) today and between the 2 I'm liking the Marine one better . Once my adapter clips arrive I'm going back to a twist flex black stainless steel . Ultra comfortable they are .
I bought a cheap pop on cover for work . When I get off work I just pop it back off .

Do I like it ? I love the fit and comfort but I'm not digging how Google hamstrung us with Wear 5 and Samsung is just as guilty with UI6 . Hopefully they'll undo some of the bullshirt with the next update .
I can't use Watchmaker . I can't add custom ringtones . I can't add custom notifications .
The action button is pretty cool but under developed . There's like 5 choices for what to assign it to open 4 of them S Health offerings or a flashlight that you can't change the color on , only brightness . At work I sometimes start an "other workout" and the regular way is several steps to get started but I set this to double tap the button and a workout begins . After that it is like normal on pause, stop, etc . It's a quick way for me to check how my heart is doing in relation to how hard I'm breathing . Is it my COPD or my heart got me out of breath and stuff . I really like the feel of all the buttons . Easy to find and very positive feeling when pressed .

The vibrate motor is amazingly better feeling when I get a notification or call . The dual mics evidently have some sort of noise block as well because with the saw and vacuum raising a fuss behind me I can voice text like being in a silent room . I'm actually going to be able to use voice to text on a regular basis now ! Dual speakers are capable of getting loud . Real loud . My GW4 and 6 I could barely hear at work but the Ultra I actually turned the volume down some .
After the reset my battery has improved exponentially .

Do I like it ? Yes and I'm glad I got it but anyone looking for the new Wear is to be spectacular , craptacular would be a better description . The fonts are fugly , faded everything when multi tasking sucks because it makes it harder to read text and blurs images needlessly . White quick menu icons is horrid . The screen is gorgeous and Wear seems to want to go back to Ice Cream Sandwich graphics .

Would I do it again ?
The physical stuff makes me undoubtedly say yes .
20240725_183053.jpg
20240725_183119.jpg
20240724_200024.jpg
20240724_152225.jpg

Darth Mode 10+

The watch arrived on Tuesday and I've spent a couple of days setting things up and deciding if I like it or not .
Just before I went to bed Tuesday night I did a factory reset because it , to be brutally honest sucked @$$ . Crashes , freezes , literally watch the battery drop over 1% per minute .
I wore the Trail band yesterday and find it ok so I tried the Marine band again (tried it Tuesday night, didn't like the fit ) today and between the 2 I'm liking the Marine one better . Once my adapter clips arrive I'm going back to a twist flex black stainless steel . Ultra comfortable they are .
I bought a cheap pop on cover for work . When I get off work I just pop it back off .

Do I like it ? I love the fit and comfort but I'm not digging how Google hamstrung us with Wear 5 and Samsung is just as guilty with UI6 . Hopefully they'll undo some of the bullshirt with the next update .
I can't use Watchmaker . I can't add custom ringtones . I can't add custom notifications .
The action button is pretty cool but under developed . There's like 5 choices for what to assign it to open 4 of them S Health offerings or a flashlight that you can't change the color on , only brightness . At work I sometimes start an "other workout" and the regular way is several steps to get started but I set this to double tap the button and a workout begins . After that it is like normal on pause, stop, etc . It's a quick way for me to check how my heart is doing in relation to how hard I'm breathing . Is it my COPD or my heart got me out of breath and stuff . I really like the feel of all the buttons . Easy to find and very positive feeling when pressed .

The vibrate motor is amazingly better feeling when I get a notification or call . The dual mics evidently have some sort of noise block as well because with the saw and vacuum raising a fuss behind me I can voice text like being in a silent room . I'm actually going to be able to use voice to text on a regular basis now ! Dual speakers are capable of getting loud . Real loud . My GW4 and 6 I could barely hear at work but the Ultra I actually turned the volume down some .
After the reset my battery has improved exponentially .

Do I like it ? Yes and I'm glad I got it but anyone looking for the new Wear is to be spectacular , craptacular would be a better description . The fonts are fugly , faded everything when multi tasking sucks because it makes it harder to read text and blurs images needlessly . White quick menu icons is horrid . The screen is gorgeous and Wear seems to want to go back to Ice Cream Sandwich graphics .

Would I do it again ?
The physical stuff makes me undoubtedly say yes .
View attachment 90529View attachment 90530View attachment 90531View attachment 90532

Darth Mode 10+
Thank you for the write-up and your thoughts on it it's a shame that they cripple a couple of things on it hopefully some updates down the it certainly a beautiful watch but of course you need the software working

Sent from my SM-F956U1 using Tapatalk

Thank you for the write-up and your thoughts on it it's a shame that they cripple a couple of things on it hopefully some updates down the it certainly a beautiful watch but of course you need the software working

It could be a lot worse I'm finding out . Seems others using Wear are about 3 versions back and have about as much freedom as Android Wear did .

Darth Mode 10+

It could be a lot worse I'm finding out . Seems others using Wear are about 3 versions back and have about as much freedom as Android Wear did .

Darth Mode 10+
Wow just crazy man ...really I've always felt they could do so much more on wear OS

I got onboard with smartwatches when it was Tizen or nothing . I got SO much grief over my Gear S but I just smiled to myself as I used it like a PDA and got 3-5 days of battery life . I've watched Apple os and Wear os grow from nothing to what it is today and I still think they're missing out on what could truly be done on the wrist .
But that's just me .

Darth Mode 10+

Samsung has admitted something went wrong but a fix will be pushed out soon

Darth Mode 10+

I think my battery life is gonna be ok on this watch . Shades of my Gear S days .
New bands have arrived and my must have Bandini Twist Flex with adapters . Only the last one is Samsung .
Screenshot_20240731_174001.jpg
20240731_155813.jpg
20240729_192306.jpg
20240729_162612.jpg
20240729_162901.jpg
20240728_121254.jpg

Darth Mode 10+

Attachments

• 20240729_193506.jpg
    20240729_193506.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 10
  • 20240729_162857.jpg