Getting that android Os percentage down

You guys should try Screeble. It works great on the Nexus - turns your screen off after 15 seconds of it being put down. Keeps the screen on as long as you're using it.

Make sure you are not signed in to latitude. This will cause Google maps to run.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

Thanks. I kept force closing Maps and I couldn't figure out what was causing to to start running again. (took me a few to figure out how to sign out lol)

Stock ROM/no ROOT here... SAME ISSUES

I have done literally everything that has been suggested and them some, and while my reception improved about half of the time, battery life is AT MOST 15-20% better, and even that is pushing it... Only maybe 1 in 10 times will I manually turn off the screen, am on WiFi 90% of the time, disabled a bunch of apps, only have 3 Widgets (FancyWidgets, Stock Power: WiFi/BT/GPS/Sync/Screen bar, and APW Calender; each on different screen). I have done everything else, yet I am extremely lucky to hit 8hrs before hitting my 14% warning. I almost always let it get to at least that warning before charging, and once a week I will let it get down fully (until it dies).

NO DICE. And I refuse to let VZW give me a refurb phone for one that I just paid full price for only 40 days ago, and they are giving me the run-around... I love, love, love this phone, but the battery is a PITA. I carry my charger as well as a USB-car-adaptor in my pocket everywhere, literally.

Stock ROM/no ROOT here... SAME ISSUES

I have done literally everything that has been suggested and them some, and while my reception improved about half of the time, battery life is AT MOST 15-20% better, and even that is pushing it... Only maybe 1 in 10 times will I manually turn off the screen, am on WiFi 90% of the time, disabled a bunch of apps, only have 3 Widgets (FancyWidgets, Stock Power: WiFi/BT/GPS/Sync/Screen bar, and APW Calender; each on different screen). I have done everything else, yet I am extremely lucky to hit 8hrs before hitting my 14% warning. I almost always let it get to at least that warning before charging, and once a week I will let it get down fully (until it dies).

NO DICE. And I refuse to let VZW give me a refurb phone for one that I just paid full price for only 40 days ago, and they are giving me the run-around... I love, love, love this phone, but the battery is a PITA. I carry my charger as well as a USB-car-adaptor in my pocket everywhere, literally.

Well, if you're doing all of the above, and it sounds like it, I'm guessing your problem is because your reception. Do you get a solid 4g signal for most of the day? And you didn't mention your usage. I am rooted with custom rom and I also get about 8 hours - but I use my phone a LOT. All 4g, a lot of web surfing and playing backgammon, and generally just playing around, so I'm ecstatic to get 8 hours (I was getting only 4 hours or so until I rom'd). But if you've "fixed" the above problems, it's either reception or usage in my opinion.

Wookie, how is 4.0.3 on the Xoom?

The android os is still sort of high, but street being on all day and almost 2 hours of screen on time (watched an episode of SofA on Netflix, games, and web browsing) I still had 87% battery left.

As far as functionality the Xoom seems to be working fine. The font changes look amazing on that big screen.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

Back