gingerbread leak worth it?

Okay so I just want to get this straight.. I'm on 2.2 right now but I noticed from those pictures there is a2.3 out, does that make a difference in anything? And to flash my phone back to fro yo, I need to get on a computer and what do I do? Just google the sbf file and I'll find it, then connect my phone to my comp and do something? Sorry for all the questions im just curious about trying gb but I don't want to screw myself over in the process for not bring able to get back to here if I wanted to...

Where can.i get this patch im on liberty and 3g hotspot isnt in my app drawer luckily I made a backup in titanium and restored it and.where is the patch? Could you also explain how I can use it?

Anyone know??

Whats 3g mobile hotspot patch do??

Swyped from the best phone in verizon's line up

Its a patch to gives u the 3g mobile hotpot for free that Verizon provides works ALOT better then wireless tether

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Okay so I just want to get this straight.. I'm on 2.2 right now but I noticed from those pictures there is a2.3 out, does that make a difference in anything? And to flash my phone back to fro yo, I need to get on a computer and what do I do? Just google the sbf file and I'll find it, then connect my phone to my comp and do something? Sorry for all the questions im just curious about trying gb but I don't want to screw myself over in the process for not bring able to get back to here if I wanted to...

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=770224

This is a good instruction on sbfing

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

Yes, Gingerbread is out for the Droid X, however, it's an official leaked Version. This verison can't be rooted at this point. TO flash your phone back to 2.2 (Froyo). For that, you have to download the Motorola RSDLite (found from their website). Google or find the SBF on here (most of the threads on here with SBF files have instructions) and follow them carefully. From there, you can switch back to Froyo if you don't like Gingerbread.

if you want more information on the sbf process, look at link 5 in my signature. you will need to find the appropriate file and download a program called rsd lite 4.9

that link will explain the rest.

Okay thank you so much for the help, everyone is just lovely on here, I'm going to try gb out and if I don't like it I'll follow the instructions on one of the sources you lovely people have provided for me.:)

You know it works when you open up a website on your computer and you don't have a verizon website pop up making you accept hotspot terms and agreement

Shout out to hemorrdroid. Thanks so much. this information is what I needed and when I found a good SBF I followed the instructions and viola back to Rubix. thanks again!!!!

How do I do that without being able to get into the phone? It's stuck at the "M"?

U might need a new sbf the one u have might be messed up its worth a shot I have a good link but its on my computer and im at class

The SBF is downloaded to your computer, not your phone. Can you still pull up the bootloader by holding down the camera button, volume down, and then the power button (do this after a battery pull)

Thank you so when I download and install I just use hotspot and.its free? Also is the link u provided for droid x? While flashing this do I mount storage or just flash

Where can.i get this patch im on liberty and 3g hotspot isnt in my app drawer luckily I made a backup in titanium and restored it and.where is the patch? Could you also explain how I can use it?

Anyone know??

http://db.tt/V3FCl7T

Download and install in bootstrap

Last edited:
Thank you so when I download and install I just use hotspot and.its free? Also is the link u provided for droid x? While flashing this do I mount storage or just flash

check ur PM but u just flash it no need to mount anything or wipe anything and yes it will be free no need to worry haha

Shout out to hemorrdroid. Thanks so much. this information is what I needed and when I found a good SBF I followed the instructions and viola back to Rubix. thanks again!!!!

How do I do that without being able to get into the phone? It's stuck at the "M"?

The SBF is downloaded to your computer, not your phone. Can you still pull up the bootloader by holding down the camera button, volume down, and then the power button (do this after a battery pull)

Awesome! Not a problem, glad you are back on your feet!

Is the link for droid x? It says d2

check ur PM but u just flash it no need to mount anything or wipe anything and yes it will be free no need to worry haha

Is gingerbread worth not having root?

Back