gingerbread leak worth it?

hows everyones battery life with GB mine sucked really bad today but i had to sbf twice and flash twice so that did a numberr on me got like 6 hours and was at 20 percent

Remember you just wiped and it had to redo all your apps.
Your phone was very busy today. Try it out tomorrow with normal phone use.

I have gingerbread on my X with no problem and wow it looks really really nice.

I haven't experienced amazing speed though it's just average

yeah my phones been very busy today haha i just wanna no if its looking any better i really hope so

I have dl rsdlite to my computer and moved to phone and 2.3.340 to my phone. my droid x bootstrap will start but won't reboot and I guess that is bc I am not rooted now on GB so it worries me about recovery

I have dl rsdlite to my computer and moved to phone and 2.3.340 to my phone. my droid x bootstrap will start but won't reboot and I guess that is bc I am not rooted now on GB so it worries me about recovery

GB has root now tho

I think I already know the answer but...if you are running GB rooted, is it possible to restore a froyo backup from within that GB framework? Or do you have to sbf back to a froyo state (2.3.340) first, root, install clockwork, and then restore the froyo backup.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

You need to sbf back to froyo, version 2.3.340. Rsd lite should be installed on your PC along with the current drivers for the DX from Motorola. You should just connect the phone via usb cord and sbf with rsd lite. That would get you back to stock, you root the phone, install bootstrapper and then finally flash the rooted GB version for the DX.

Google "sbf for Droid X" and you should find more detailed and accurate instructions on how its done. Sorry I can't be of more help, I have a D2 and the wife's DX is still running Liberty so I haven't been through the process.......yet...lol!

Sent from a D2 runnin GB.

I can't get rsd lite to recognize my droid x. I have done almost everything I knwo even shutting it off and bootloading. this is the only thing preventing me from sbf-ing back to 2.3.340 and letting me have some fun with this GB root!

The process should be the same as d2. Open rsd, plug in phone, switch usb mode to pc mode, wait up to a min for the phone to appear in the list of rsd. Open the correct sbf file and go...

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

You don't have to switch to pc mode I always have mine on mass storage...but if u have rsd lite 4.9 it doesn't work all the time u need to get 4.8

If I flash the rooted gb and decide to go back to 2.2 can backups made with dx bootstrap be used with the d2 bootstrap?

a dark dx

I think you were asking if you can make backups of gingie with the bootstrap? If so then yes you can.

Sent from my Liberated D2G

Do I have to root my phone in order to get gb leak???

Back