Go FROYO - Source Released

Openvpn?

Will Openvpn work with this version or will it need to be hacked to work? I can't get it going on the early leaked version.

Thanks,
Don

since this is out will someone be able to make a widget to have a lock screen (pin, pattern, or password) because nothing works on 2.2 but i understand why. its kinda annoying to have to go into settings everytime i want to put a lock on my phone

widgetlocker does this :D and lets you put widgets on the lockscreen!

You beat me to it, I love that widget...

since this is out will someone be able to make a widget to have a lock screen (pin, pattern, or password) because nothing works on 2.2 but i understand why. its kinda annoying to have to go into settings everytime i want to put a lock on my phone

I think you guys misunderstood - dodgersrgood wanted a widget that does locking, not a lockscreen that does widgets :p Specifically, it sounds like he wanted a widget that lets you turn on/off the security lock (to switch between swiping to unlock and pattern/pin/password, etc)

I think you guys misunderstood - dodgersrgood wanted a widget that does locking, not a lockscreen that does widgets :p Specifically, it sounds like he wanted a widget that lets you turn on/off the security lock (to switch between swiping to unlock and pattern/pin/password, etc)

yes that is exactly what im looking for. when everyone was saying widgetlocker i was thinking that that wasn't going to be what im looking for. like the lock pattern widget by curvefish for example, something like that but to work on 2.2 with either the pin, pattern, or password and then it just have the most recent choice i used maybe would be good.

Does this mean 2.2 is 'out and ready?'

THIS WAS PUBLISHED TODAY......

Nexus One has been released with the new Android 2.2 Froyo. The Nexus One has lots of new features improved now by the latest Android 2.2 Froyo update. In these hours Google has officially released the update to Android 2.2 “Froyo”, the latest release of its OS for mobile phones, smartphone for Google Nexus One, a short sale in Italy and until now used the previous version of Android 2.1 “Eclair”. Apparently the update is served simultaneously on all terminals, so the proposed update is sent at this time randomly to different users, then you will need to wait for the next few days to update your terminal. In these hours Google has officially released the update to Android 2.2 “Froyo”, the latest release of its OS for mobile phones, smartphone for Google Nexus One, a short sale in Italy and until now used the previous version of Android 2.1 “Eclair”. Apparently the update is served simultaneously on all terminals, so the proposed update is sent at this time randomly to different users, then you will need to wait for the next few days to update your terminal.

It certainly looks like a European translation to me.......did Europe get it earlier than the US?

no.... the source has been released though its still going to be a good 2 or 3 months at the minimum before and official release is available.

its still up to motorola and verizon to add any additional drivers and apps that will be needed to run the droid. not to mention testing then changing the drivers then testing then changing something else then testing...... well you get the idea.

if your rooted expect to start seeing roms built from source out within the next week.

It means it's out and ready for the Nexus One, not for us bastard children.

no.... the source has been released though its still going to be a good 2 or 3 months at the minimum before and official release is available.

its still up to motorola and verizon to add any additional drivers and apps that will be needed to run the droid. not to mention testing then changing the drivers then testing then changing something else then testing...... well you get the idea.

if your rooted expect to start seeing roms built from source out within the next week.

2-3 months? They just said yesterday at the X launch that it would be later next month.

2-3 months? They just said yesterday at the X launch that it would be later next month.

someone correct me if im wrong but how i understood it was the new release devices will be coming with 2.2 and the rest of the updates will follow shortly there after.

someone correct me if im wrong but how i understood it was the new release devices will be coming with 2.2 and the rest of the updates will follow shortly there after.

No, yesterday they announced that droid will get 2.2 later next month, droid X in late August.. it wont be launched with 2.2

let's not forget that Motorola/VZ has been working on the 2.2 update for quite some time for the Moto Droid. remember the leaks of early builds a few weeks back? 2.2 is almost done for the Droid, obviously, but of course there still is testing to do.

Threads merged. Please remember every question is not a new thread.

Back