Handcent problem

Ever since I. Installed handcent my led on the front of the phone is easily half as bright tried uninstalling and its still that way anyone else have this problem?

How come the time you receive a text is different to the time displayed on the droids notification bar? Mine is 8 hrs off and i cant figure out how to fix it! :(

Ever since I. Installed handcent my led on the front of the phone is easily half as bright tried uninstalling and its still that way anyone else have this problem?
you may check the setting on what color led alert it's using...the Orange is quite dim. I use the blue alert and it shows up great.

I'm working with the developer to troubleshoot the facebook issue.

Currently handcent does not support contact pictures synced via facebook.

So far we have been able to get the program to pull some facebook display data, but still have a way to go before it will sync correctly like the contact list.

But that issue is being worked on.
THIS is good to know....I was aware of the FB problem but knowing they are working on it is some great info. thanks for sharing SOW

I really liked handcent, however I like to save certain texts I get, and the default one allows you to lock a specific message so when you delete a thread that message stays, do you know of a way to do that on Handcent, or are they going to impliment something like that in the future?

Handcent has an option when you press the menu button in the text message to save the entire thread.

I have a question. Sorry if this was covered already, but if you use Handcent sms package, how do you disable the Droid messaging app?

I think thats go to the Messaging app, go to Settings and disable Notifications, but Im not entirely sure.

I love Handcent, once I started messing with it I liked it more and more. Im anxiously awaiting the update so that the background on my Bubble Settings will take up the whole space instead of just the middle area. Ive been dealing with it by trying to blend it in with the colors but for some reason the colors on my Bubble Settings background wont change. I dont know whats going on with that.

And Facebook, funny story. I originally got this phone and immediately synced it to Facebook. Seeing that I couldnt edit peoples cell phone numbers into their information I immediately unsynced it and put in phone numbers, then tried resyncing. Pics havent come up since the original sync, when I unsynced it seems as if I permanently lost them. Well, that was the idea, but I noticed today a few of my Contacts have their Facebook pics on the Conversation screen. I have no clue whats going on there either, because it isnt synced anymore.

I tried that but it didn't work... It will still receive the messages but I won't get notified. So it's still taking up memory. Anyone else have this issue going on?

I tried that but it didn't work... It will still receive the messages but I won't get notified. So it's still taking up memory. Anyone else have this issue going on?
make sure that Handcent has notifications enabled in the notification bar.

As a side note texts will still show up and be in the native messages app

Thanks. Everything runs good on Handcent but the native app still receives the same messages. I think you are right. You can't disable the native app for messaging. The best you can do is disable the notification of it.

Thanks. Everything runs good on Handcent but the native app still receives the same messages. I think you are right. You can't disable the native app for messaging. The best you can do is disable the notification of it.

When you delete your messages they are gone from both so I dont think its a big problem.

I like being able to see them in both if I want to. It doesn't seem to cause any problems.

Yeah...I like the idea of keeping the native messaging app still somewhat active just without notifications (if, of course, you download handcent.... only for precautionary reasons incase of any app problems.)

If you guys are worried about having space on the internal memory, you could go to the native messaging app and turn the storage options all the way down.

There are options for how many messages to keep, and when to start deleting old ones, etc...

but with a 16GB external memory (SD Card) I don't see why this is too important either, unless your trying to install a crapload of apps.

I'm still making my way through the market trying everything, but im still under like 20 apps that I actually decided to keep on the phone.

Anyone know if handcent stores its's messages on the card or on the phone's memory? Should be on the card...i'll talk to the guy who makes it and suggest an option for this if its not how it already works. We should take advantage of that 16GB card we have.

And by the way, I finished my work with him to bring you guys facebook icon support (sync contacts display pic with facebook one) the same way the native contact list does.

When I last used it, it did not detect a way to see which picture should be default, so the facebook picture always shows instead of the normal contact picture, if it is available. But, thats better than no support at all.

Good point. I didn't think of it that way. I had the mind set that running 2 apps that do almost the same thing would be wasting memory.

Back