Home ++ (another home replacement)

Upgrade works fine on my phone, though I do not use his clock/date widgets as I have beautiful widgets on my home. But so far since the update, no force closes, and Home++ shows up to have only used 2% of my battery. I think maybe he has a problem with his Widget, not the homescreen itself.
That actually makes sense, since some people had a problem and some did not. I didn't use his date widget, or analog clock widget, but I did use his flip clock widget.................and now this newest update affects the flip clock, he must have fixed the battery drain bug that was related to flip clock...........but at the same time introduced a new one.

here's my screen picture with the home++ love it

Last edited:
So I've tried out a few of these home replacement apps, and I have to say I just don't get them. I downloaded and used home++ for a day, and I really just don't understand what real difference this app adds, other than adding a few more home screens. So my question is this, why do you love home++ so much, and what does it allow you to do that you can't really do with the default home screen? I'm just wondering if I'm missing something.

edit : @ 00s2kd, what clock/weather widget is that?

Last edited:
So I've tried out a few of these home replacement apps, and I have to say I just don't get them. I downloaded and used home++ for a day, and I really just don't understand what real difference this app adds, other than adding a few more home screens. So my question is this, why do you love home++ so much, and what does it allow you to do that you can't really do with the default home screen? I'm just wondering if I'm missing something.

edit : @ 00s2kd, what clock/weather widget is that?

the reason why i like this home app is because it allows you to hide the notification bar and it uses whats called a power bar that you see at the bottom that scrolls to the right and will show the items that would normally be in the notification bar.
thats the updated clock/weather widget of beautiful home (which is now removed from the market) luckily i had it backed up when i upgraded to 2.1 but downgraded back to 2.0.1 until the bugs are fixed

also having the flip clock freeze (power bar time also) that corrects itself when in landscape mode, for whatever reason. Otherwise seems to be fine on my machine.

I've had problems with widgets loading and with the pop up list of apps loading until I open the keyboard also. More FC's lately

I initially had FC's all the time and it was slow. When I saw the most recent update I reinstalled and it has worked great. I got rid of dxTop and ahome. Hopefully themes will come soon.

I love Home++, although honestly I haven't tried many others.

A couple of questions though, has anyone found an widget or a way to see reception that is decent? Basically I want to kill the top notification bar, which is easy enough, but cell reception is kinda spotty in my house (especially in my basement), same thing with wifi strength. So a signal strength bar for those is pretty nice to have.

Retro Meter Widgets v1.2 Application for Android | Tools

^That works kinda, but way too small for my blind eyes.

I know that Home++ allows you to put the status on the power bar, which I am fine with as I only use 4 buttons so the status bar fits fine. Problem is, the cellular reception isn't shown down there. Wifi, bluetooth, battery, and ringer state (sound, silent or vibrate) are shown, and possibly others.

My second question, is there a widget to dock applications to that is scrollable. UltimateFaves v2.1.1 Application for Android | Productivity and Launcher Dock v1.1.6 Application for Android | Tools are similar to what I want. But I basically want a doc bar with 3 icons visible, and I can swipe left and right to get to more apps. I have 4 screens, each customized, but I find a couple of them kinda cluttered, as I have quite a few apps (especially my games screen).

Any one else notice the flip clock widget built in to Home++ stopped updating time yesterday? I had to remove it.... was killing me.

edit: just saw there's an update... gonna see if it fixes this issue

Dolphin bookmarks working for anyone, on power strip?

No Dolphin bookmarks from the Powerstrip for me either.

Back