How can the Thunderbolt be so under powered to the new Evo?

46hemi

Reaction score
Said to contain;
4.3-inch qHD 960 x 450-pixel Autostereoscopic 3D display, 4GB of RAM, 1GB ROM, a 1.2GHz dual-core Snapdragon processor, dual rear 5-megapixel camera, a 1.3-megapixel front-facing camera and a hefty 1730mAh battery

I dont get it

Rumored new phones will always be better than what is currently released. That's just how it works :/

Evo is not on true 4G, it's more like 3.5. Something they don't tell you.

I am talking screen, battery and proc. This is not a phone coming out in 2014.

Oh, my bad I thought we were talking about the current Evo. There's already been a few versions of it.

2014? Well there's your answer, this is only 2011 it might be considered garbage by 2014.

Not 2014, but a few months is a lifetime in this industry. I got my original D1 2 months after it came out.. and look how underpowered hardware wise it was compared to the Inc and the DX which came out less than 6 months later. It's just what happens.

Also, Sprint's network = no thank you. And what in the hell am I going to do with 4 gigs of ram on my cell phone anyways? I don't care about bragging rights, my TB is blazing fast.

/shrug

Not 2014, but a few months is a lifetime in this industry. I got my original D1 2 months after it came out.. and look how underpowered hardware wise it was compared to the Inc and the DX which came out less than 6 months later. It's just what happens.

Also, Sprint's network = no thank you. And what in the hell am I going to do with 4 gigs of ram on my cell phone anyways? I don't care about bragging rights, my TB is blazing fast.

/shrug

So what great phones were released in the last 6 months?

Also a bigger battery is not really cutting edge technology.

Well if the new EVO comes with a 1730mah battery and it fits the thunderbolt I will certainly be ordering one :)

No, but it's necissary to make a really good phone. Any phone is useless if it doesn't have a battery.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Isn't this technology? I remember buying my first Dell workstation with the Quad core Q6600 processor thinking it was the fastest thing on earth and how I was on top of the world. In less than 2 months another quad core came out and blew mine away. Same thing with this phone, I know that dual core phones are coming out but I still decided to get this phone. Unlike a lot of smartphone owners, I use a phone for a phone. If I want to view a webpage, I'll do it on my laptop or desktop. Games? I do games on my desktop. I use my phone primarily to text/call family. Being able to view webpages while in line at college is a plus.

Still, I think these dual core phones are pre-mature. Like the day that dual-processor computers came out. Nothing utilized them for years and years. It wasn't till we got dual-core processors that software started to utilize the speed. That said, I'm still using my Q6600 workstation (quad core 2.4ghz) and 99% of what I do today only utilizes 1 processor. Even my games. I believe this will be the same with the Android world as well.

By the time a few years roll by, I think LTE and dualcore, quadcore? phones will be more standardized and I'll be ready to get a new phone, just like I was with my OG Droid and my Thunderbolt.

I think people forget, cell phones are primarily that, cell phones and tools that connect us to others. If you want a laptop, there's plenty of 13+ hour netbooks that would love to be tethered to your droid. I know I'm looking at getting one soon. :)

Isn't this technology? I remember buying my first Dell workstation with the Quad core Q6600 processor thinking it was the fastest thing on earth and how I was on top of the world. In less than 2 months another quad core came out and blew mine away. Same thing with this phone, I know that dual core phones are coming out but I still decided to get this phone. Unlike a lot of smartphone owners, I use a phone for a phone. If I want to view a webpage, I'll do it on my laptop or desktop. Games? I do games on my desktop. I use my phone primarily to text/call family. Being able to view webpages while in line at college is a plus.

Still, I think these dual core phones are pre-mature. Like the day that dual-processor computers came out. Nothing utilized them for years and years. It wasn't till we got dual-core processors that software started to utilize the speed. That said, I'm still using my Q6600 workstation (quad core 2.4ghz) and 99% of what I do today only utilizes 1 processor. Even my games. I believe this will be the same with the Android world as well.

By the time a few years roll by, I think LTE and dualcore, quadcore? phones will be more standardized and I'll be ready to get a new phone, just like I was with my OG Droid and my Thunderbolt.

I think people forget, cell phones are primarily that, cell phones and tools that connect us to others. If you want a laptop, there's plenty of 13+ hour netbooks that would love to be tethered to your droid. I know I'm looking at getting one soon. :)

Well said sir.

Once verizon starts charging for 4G and prices begin to go crazy on ATT and VERIZON, I'm going to get MetroPCS and screw everyone else. Or probably just get a flip phone again for Verizon to cut all costs. I'm not going to continue getting new phones all my life, getting tired of technology

Said to contain;
4.3-inch qHD 960 x 450-pixel Autostereoscopic 3D display, 4GB of RAM, 1GB ROM, a 1.2GHz dual-core Snapdragon processor, dual rear 5-megapixel camera, a 1.3-megapixel front-facing camera and a hefty 1730mAh battery

I dont get it

Bioniwhat?

j/k ;-)

I needed a phone now, decided to get TB, and I freaking love this phone as well as at least 2 more years of unlimited data.

46 Hemi you have to remember the EVO is an "old" device now and the TB is essentially the same device. The EVO 3D is the evolution of the EVO so it will naturally be a better spec'd handset.

Buying a device with a single core at this stage of the game will put the end user behind the tech curve immediately.

Droid--->ether--->this thread

Back