How is your call quality?

So dar i've been good. Today is only day 2 though. Time will tell :)

I was having the muffled voice also. It may sound stupid but If you cradle your phone (palm it) I think we might be putting our palm over the mic.?? Isn't the mic the grid thingie on the back of the phone? All I know is that hubby said I sounded better when I stopped palming the phone.

No. The mic is the little hole on the front to the left of the Verizon logo. At least my doc says that.

I had the same echo problem, especially when calling another droid. I turned off the voice privacy in call settings and it got a lot better but there is still a lot of static.
Bob

Just because I would like to know for future reference... how do you update the phone to the cell towers?

To update your cell towers dial *228 and follow the prompts.. It takes about 2 minutes.

well, thats not good if the mic is in the front. that means that something seems to be wrong with the quality.

well, thats not good if the mic is in the front. that means that something seems to be wrong with the quality.

I was told it was my case.... but I rule that out when A simple reboot or battery off and back on fixes it with no change to the case or mic.

I had a tech tell me to take my case off and pull the battery out and put it back in and try... when it worked, she said "see it was the case"...

I said "come again?"

No echo but would say the other person sounds quite abit more muffled then my last phone. Havent had a chance to use my sons yet to see if it is just mine or not.

I can hear a slight static/white noise sound when I talk into the phone on a call, although the person on the other end says that they can't hear it. I also hear the sound through my bluetooth headset.

Well here is another day.. so far my phone is now working perfectly both in sound and no echo on either end.

So far, the *228 and doing both options separately may have fixed the problem for now until the update comes out.

Huge quality issues on my phone on both ends. I hear constant digital compression sounds in the earpiece, hissing, crackling, muffling that comes and goes and modulates with the persons voice and pauses. Sounds like crap DAC or DSP artifacts. Its unbearable.

My voice is muffled to the caller, ive done recordings and voicemails and it sounds like I am talking over a NASA sat comm link, you know the transmisssions from astornauts, how they have a disconnected sound about them. bad sampling rate or frequency clipping, its horrible and doesnt even sound like my voice, its missing entire high ends of the frequencies as if i reencoded my voice down to some of the lowest bitrates for speech.

My HTC had amazing call quality, this is horrendous. Its sad that I cannot keep this phone because of this issue. Everything else about this phone is incredible. But it is still a phone.

Back