Hows the D2 battery life?

charge cycles

My battery is working better now its been thru a couple charge cycles but if I could figure out how to get the news widget and weather widget to stop running in the backround my battery life would be amazing I feel

My battery is working better now its been thru a couple charge cycles but if I could figure out how to get the news widget and weather widget to stop running in the backround my battery life would be amazing I feel

Can't you just drag the widgets to the trash?

14-18 hours????
Can I have some of whatever your taking?
5-6 maybe 7-8 hours if I don't breath near it.

Plugged it into the charger last night at 2300.
This morning i pressed the home button to look and see if I received any SMS's.
Decided to look at the battery usage and it says the display is using 98%?????

The screen was sleeping all last night!!!!

You're exactly describing the Droid X no sleep bug: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...6788-droid-x-battery-problems-discovered.html

Could it be? The text under your avatar currently says you're phone is a Storm. What phone do you have? Droid 2, right?

Last edited:

App Draw.
Scroll and choose News & Weather
Menu
Settings
Refresh settings

Can't you just drag the widgets to the trash?

14-18 hours????
Can I have some of whatever your taking?
5-6 maybe 7-8 hours if I don't breath near it.

Plugged it into the charger last night at 2300.
This morning i pressed the home button to look and see if I received any SMS's.
Decided to look at the battery usage and it says the display is using 98%?????

The screen was sleeping all last night!!!!

You're exactly describing the Droid X no sleep bug: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...6788-droid-x-battery-problems-discovered.html

Could it be? The text under your avatar currently says you're phone is a Storm. What phone do you have? Droid 2, right?

Yeah I have to change that.
Storm1 was my first Verizon device

OK, well this sounds exactly like the Droid X no sleep bug. I don't have a Droid 2, so I can't try out my theory. Maybe someone wants to try Spare Parts, or Battery Monitor, or whatever battery monitoring app. Does dialing *#*#4636#*#* work on the Droid 2?

OK, well this sounds exactly like the Droid X no sleep bug. I don't have a Droid 2, so I can't try out my theory. Maybe someone wants to try Spare Parts, or Battery Monitor, or whatever battery monitoring app. Does dialing *#*#4636#*#* work on the Droid 2?

Stupid question:
What does, *#*#4636#*#* do?

Last edited:
droid 2 wifi

My phone will keep disconnecting and reconnecting to my wireless internet if I don't use phone for awhile and to keep it from doing that I have to turn off phone and back on to get it to reconnect and stay on wireless network any one else having this problem?

This is cool. Thanks for sharing.

You're welcome.

So has anyone tried dialing *#*#4636#*#* and checking out Battery Usage on the Droid 2? If it shows Running as 100% then you're experiencing the same "no sleep" bug that the Droid X has...which annihilates your battery charge.

On the Droid X, it only happens under certain circumstances, but if your phone has been sitting there doing nothing and then you check and see that you're Running at 100% then you've got the same type of issue as on the Droid X. Luckily there are workarounds.

If anyone notices this, let's hear about it. If not, consider yourself lucky because then I guess the Droid 2 doesn't have the "no sleep" bug.

My phone will keep disconnecting and reconnecting to my wireless internet if I don't use phone for awhile and to keep it from doing that I have to turn off phone and back on to get it to reconnect and stay on wireless network any one else having this problem?

Seems like a bug: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-2-tech-issues/69988-wifi-oddity.html

Last edited:
battery issues

I've been lurking in the background, reading all the forums on the Droid, since day one. I really wanted to jump on the droid 1, but decided to wait for the next generation, so some of the bugs would be worked out. So Got me a droid 2. What a disappointment. What good is a smart phone if you can't run a few widgets, and 3G, without draining the battery in 6-8 hours? I'm about ready to take this brick back and get a phone that will hold a charge all day long. I shoudn't have to carry my charger everytime I leave the house.

something is wrong with this battery life.

today i left at 9:30am, had bluetooth connected for about 40 minutes of driving. i have made a total of about 30 minutes of voice calls, most without BT on.

i have sent/received about 8 texts and checked about 10 emails and sent one short email. i have checked the signal status in about phone a few times. i am already down into the 60% range.

i am using spare parts to check on running usage and partial wake. it says running for 42% and partial wakelock only 34 minutes. the only widgets i have are the weatherbug and it is set to only update every 6 hours. then i have the android news widget also set to update like 6-8 hours or whatever the nearest setting is. i am now disabling motoblur FB to only update on wifi and seeing what happens.

Last edited:
my battery life scuks... barely lasts 8 hours with minimal usage.. their rated battery life is a complete lie. 1 hour of talking also costs me like 30% of battery.

Battery life isn't bad, first of all, task killers defeat their purpose. They actually DRAIN battery and "kill all apps" stabs your battery in the face because a lot of apps start right back up. Avoid using applications that run constantly, I found that the Facebook App was running constantly. If you have Wifi, use it, it's faster and easier on the battery then 3g. Other things can help, like turning down your screen display, or setting to auto. Minimize how many widgets you use, especially the ones that update. A photo frame widget is a cool idea, and may look great, but that does no justice to your battery. Holding your phone is great, it sets it into a sleep/idle mode, and uses very little juice, if it is using a lot of battery, then there is something eating the battery that shouldn't be, like an application keeping it running.

Back