HTC EVO 3D vs Thunderbolt

jeremycnly

Reaction score
If contracts were a non issue, which one would you choose?

HTC EVO 3D:
1080p Video
Android 2.3
4.3" 540 x 960 Screen
1.2 Ghz Dualcore processor
1Gb Ram
Two 5MP Cameras on back + One FF Camera

Thunderbolt
720p Video
Android 2.2
4.3" 480x 800 Screen
1 Ghz Singlecore processor
768Mb Ram
8MP Camera + FF camera

Just wanted an opinion from u HTC'ers and Sense(ers?) Out there...

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums Ap54p

Last edited:
To my understanding you can't take hd pictures or video unless your camera is 8mp so the hd on EVO must be for streaming only. I'll take thunderbolt. Plus Verizon 4g is faster.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

Ya I didn't mention that the EVO 3D uses two 5MP cameras on the back for of course 3d but also produce 1080p I don't know how that wizardry works though... edited

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Sprints 4g cant penetrate buildings, and our's can. Thunderbolt FTW.

This is my thunderbolt talking...

Interesting point you make there...
I have a problem in my building with Verizon. ATT has great reception in the middle of the building, but VZW drops to zero.

I called VZW one day, and they said CDMA signals have a hard time penetrating buildings, compared to GSM. She also tried to justify it by saying something about CDMA being more secure, its a tradeoff, etc. etc.

So is a 4G signal better at penetrating walls than a 3G signal?

if both phones were available on the same carrier that would have made a tough decision. but since one is on the best carrier in the country and the other is on one of the worst, it's not a contest really.

Ill take the Thunderbolts hardware and network with the EVO3D's software lol

if both phones were available on the same carrier that would have made a tough decision. but since one is on the best carrier in the country and the other is on one of the worst, it's not a contest really.
Yeah, I was about to say!

The EVO looks like a good device, but its on Sprint. Sprint 4G speeds are not noticeably faster than Verizon's 3G speeds, so I just can't see a reason for doing that.

The specs are nice, but the network just kills it. Kind of like the Atrix on AT&T.

Wonder how much AT&T and Sprint are paying Moto and HTC to have exclusivity to their top end devices?

Tough decision. Verizon's network is superior, but I'd probably take the Evo 3D over the Thunderbolt if it was on Verizon. I had Sprint, I didn't like it one bit.

To my understanding you can't take hd pictures or video unless your camera is 8mp so the hd on EVO must be for streaming only. I'll take thunderbolt. Plus Verizon 4g is faster.

5MP is higher resolution then 1080 HD, 1080 is about 3mp.

The Evo 3D absolutely slaps the Thunderbolt. Here is Verizon hyping up a rebranded EVO, a year old phone, and Sprint's getting a new version with dual core, more ram, a better screen, and to top it off 3D. It's really sad.

Last edited by a moderator:

Interesting point you make there...
I have a problem in my building with Verizon. ATT has great reception in the middle of the building, but VZW drops to zero.

I called VZW one day, and they said CDMA signals have a hard time penetrating buildings, compared to GSM. She also tried to justify it by saying something about CDMA being more secure, its a tradeoff, etc. etc.

So is a 4G signal better at penetrating walls than a 3G signal?

Well it has to do with Mhz. Sprint wimax uses 2500 Mhz while LTE uses 700 Mhz. The lower the Mhz the better the penetration

The Evo 3D absolutely ***** slaps the Thunderbolt. Here is Verizon hyping up a rebranded EVO, a year old phone, and Sprint's getting a new version with dual core, more ram, a better screen, and to top it off 3D. It's really sad.

How exactly is it a re branded Evo with more RAM, more on board storage, a 4X larger memory card and a second generation processor in comparison?

The Evo 3D absolutely slaps the Thunderbolt. Here is Verizon hyping up a rebranded EVO, a year old phone, and Sprint's getting a new version with dual core, more ram, a better screen, and to top it off 3D. It's really sad.

Ya the EVO actually has 2 5MP cameras on the back for the 3D thing... Sad thing is 3D on the EVO will be the same resolution as the 2D Thunderbolt....
Even with Sprint's mediocre service the first evo was a game changer with the big screen and the "4G". Now its doing it again... Which would you choose the slightly upgraded clone or something revolutionary?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

How exactly is it a re branded Evo with more RAM, more on board storage, a 4X larger memory card and a second generation processor in comparison?

Owned

Back