Htc rezound vs samsung galaxy nexus

trackman1

Reaction score
Hi sorry if this is the wrong place to ask......I wanted to know which phone is better??.....if the ICS is added to the Rezound would it make it better than the galaxy nexus??
I dont know which has the least problems...besides battery which seems to be just about every phone...

thanks

I can't speak to the nexus, as I don't have one......but I can tell you this; I have a friend with one and he hates it so much (for so many reasons I couldn't begin to list them all to you) that he's thinking of switching to an Iphone after his GNex experience. As for the Rezound, I absolutely love mine. Its been an amazing phone, and I'm still on GB, so I guess I still have all that amazing ICS stuff to look forward to (maybe......one day.......maybe). If you have any specific questions I can answer about the Rezound, just let me know...I will help however I can.

I've read that people seem to agree that the Rezound has better radios. It is fast, and a better screen. This thing is hd. But with the speed and awesome screen you are going to sacrifice a bit on the battery. It usually lasts me all day. Worst was 15% when I got home with heavier usage.

If you care more about the latest versions of the OS and easily modifiable with roms, you might give the nexus a look. If you care about a rock solid phone that works, I would recommend the Rezound.

I waited for the nexus and really wanted to buy one, but the rezound really grew on me and that's what I ended up with. I'm very happy with it. I liked the screen better because it is sooo sharp and still looks excellent even at low brightness. Can't say the same for the gnex. It looks really grey when you set the brightness below 70%.

Also, the camera is better. While the fast shooting of the gnex is cool, I had problems getting most of my shots in focus unless I took a lot of time and held the camera very steady. The reason is that it sacrifices time to focus in order to take so many shots. The rezound, however is constantly adjusting its focus and almost all my shots are in focus without even thinking about it. It just takes great photos time ans time again.

Now if having the latest os or an NFC chip, of tons of roms is very important to you, then I would say get the gnex, otherwise the rezound has better radios, camera and seems to have far fewer bugs. Best bet is to try both at the store and go with your gut.

I had both. The radios and sound was better on the rezound. Nexus had better battery life, smoother (sense slows the processor a bit) and the nexus was better for roms (most people running jb now on nexus) .
As far as screen i think that is based on perspective but i felt the rezound did much better showing reds and true white.

He got me livin cleaner. Ridin round bumping that kingdom. (willie moore jr. cashing out)

Are you thinking of exchanging your rezound for nexus trackman? I work with a guy that has has been showing off his nexus with jellybean on it. He absolutely loves it and would not trade it for anything else. My rezound gets made fun of. I seem to have more problems than he ever does. Although he is all for rooting and roming stuff. I am a liitle jealous of it.

I can't speak to the nexus, as I don't have one......but I can tell you this; I have a friend with one and he hates it so much (for so many reasons I couldn't begin to list them all to you) that he's thinking of switching to an Iphone after his GNex experience. As for the Rezound, I absolutely love mine. Its been an amazing phone, and I'm still on GB, so I guess I still have all that amazing ICS stuff to look forward to (maybe......one day.......maybe). If you have any specific questions I can answer about the Rezound, just let me know...I will help however I can.

Try jb that is a game changer for google. Even ios users are impressed with the fluidity. Running jb now and i have no intentions of going back to ics. Jb makes ics feel like froyo imo.

He got me livin cleaner. Ridin round bumping that kingdom. (willie moore jr. cashing out)

I worked with a gnex owner earlier this year. he always kept his phone in 3G mode to avoid data drop outs on 4G. I had read that data drops and dropped calls if the call was long, was a huge problem with galaxy nexus owners.

I figured it is better to have a phone that had basics working like voice and data rather than get the latest os from Google.

The big surprise is the rezound hardware is a global phone. There are people in other countries using the rezound with a gsm Rom on other cell phone company networks. This means you can change the sim card for one from another cell company, and get it working with some software changes.

Try jb that is a game changer for google. Even ios users are impressed with the fluidity. Running jb now and i have no intentions of going back to ics. Jb makes ics feel like froyo imo.

^^^^This. The Nexus seems like it was built for JB.
As for reception, it's worked well where ever I've been. I have no complaints nor did I have any complaints with the string of Motorola's I've had in the past(well there was that keyboard issue).

The Rezound is a solid phone. I appreciate the camera speed of the Gnex. I also prefer the Gnex screen over Rezound. I bought the Gnex last December over the Razr and Rezound because of NFC. Two friends with the Rezound are very happy with their phones.

thanks alot for all your thoughts and input....i am eligible for an upgrade and I have been torn which is a better phone....ICS vs JB.??......how hard is it to install JB into the galaxy nexus?......where is the links to instructions and s/w i would need to install it........

thanks again

Do not burn an upgrade on either the rezound or the nexus. You can easily get one off swappa for cheap and save your unlimited data and upgrade. If you gonna burn go sg3, or wait for the htc quad core device.

thanks ...i am not sure what you mean?...is this a new phone that will be comming out??...".htc quad core device"........

Yes htc will be releasing a quad core device to vzw (rumored) . And the samsung galaxy s 3 is already out. Point is do not use an upgrade to buy last years technology especially for the rezound and the nexus where people are practically trying to give those away now.

thanks alot.....just curious any idea when??...also you wouldnt happen to know what the name of the phone will be???

Back