[ICS Leak/CRC] Droid 4 Build 6.16.215

It sure did seem like ten errors, didn't it? I was surprised when I did the screenshot as well.

Side note - Youtube was crashing all the time on me, so I uninstalled it. I re-installed it from the Play Store and it works perfectly now.

def man, and rly about youtube? im about to try that! do you have any cool hacks or apps i may not have? just asking since we have the same setup... always good to chat..

def man, and rly about youtube? im about to try that! do you have any cool hacks or apps i may not have? just asking since we have the same setup... always good to chat..

Every time I flash a new nightly, I also flash gapps right afterwards. I don't wipe cache, data, or dalvik cache. I'm not sure if I'd have any benefits if I did wipe (although I wouldn't want to wipe data).

As far as apps, the main ones I use are:

JuiceDefender (set to disable data on screen off, unless it's transferring 10k for every 15 seconds)
Handcent SMS
Friendcaster (Facebook replacement that doesn't hog the battery)
Friendcaster Chat (FB Messenger replacement)
Rocket Player (a music player)
Instagram
CPU Spy
Quick Profiles (with settings for work, vibrate, and normal)
Photo Editor
QuickPic
Astro File Manager

I have others but I don't really use them much.

I also have my brightness set to auto with the following levels:

http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/487189_10151052714433324_292989964_n.jpg

The battery life isn't terrific yet but it's not god awful.

Also, I'm a New York Rangers fan. But Claude Giroux is one of my favorite players. :hail:

I also used to use the following build.prop tweaks:

ro.media.enc.jpeg=100
ro.kernel.android.checkjni=0
ro.kernel.checkjni=0
pm.sleep.mode=1
ro.ril.disable.power.collapse=0
ro.max.fling_velocity=12000
ro.HOME_APP_ADJ=1
dalvik.vm.execution-mode=int:jit
ro.config.nocheckin=1

I haven't been doing them recently though.

Since the update from .213 to .215, my home screen crashes from time to time and audio stops working on music apps. Anyone else expierence any of this?

I just get the home screen crashes. The first time was right after I started up 6.16.215, so it is a bug.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Every time I flash a new nightly, I also flash gapps right afterwards. I don't wipe cache, data, or dalvik cache. I'm not sure if I'd have any benefits if I did wipe (although I wouldn't want to wipe data).

As far as apps, the main ones I use are:

JuiceDefender (set to disable data on screen off, unless it's transferring 10k for every 15 seconds)
Handcent SMS
Friendcaster (Facebook replacement that doesn't hog the battery)
Friendcaster Chat (FB Messenger replacement)
Rocket Player (a music player)
Instagram
CPU Spy
Quick Profiles (with settings for work, vibrate, and normal)
Photo Editor
QuickPic
Astro File Manager

I have others but I don't really use them much.

I also have my brightness set to auto with the following levels:

http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/487189_10151052714433324_292989964_n.jpg

The battery life isn't terrific yet but it's not god awful.

Also, I'm a New York Rangers fan. But Claude Giroux is one of my favorite players. :hail:

It takes ALOT to be a Ranger fan and like Claude Giroux so I thank you... its good to still be realistic about stuff! You guys just got Rick Nash and we just got screwed out of signing Weber... Philly hockey is in a panic right now, everyone is saying that this is going to be your guys year... I just want one cup in my lifetime man :-/

It takes ALOT to be a Ranger fan and like Claude Giroux so I thank you... its good to still be realistic about stuff! You guys just got Rick Nash and we just got screwed out of signing Weber... Philly hockey is in a panic right now, everyone is saying that this is going to be your guys year... I just want one cup in my lifetime man :-/

I'm a huge fan of the sport of hockey in general, not one of those "devils suck, rangers rule" kind of fans. Also, I'm a smallish, right handed offensive center so it's tough for me not to like someone like him. But I'd be more concerned in goal if I were Philly. You guys should be talking to Vancouver about Luongo.

Sorry to get off topic guys!

Any apps/tweaks you use? haha

I just got 3 days of light use with about 35% battery left out of 7/24, pretty happy about that... the bars go grey but i still have data and wifi has been working great. I was getting app fc's when i first booted up but those all went away when i wiped data and rebooted.

Montecarlo97z said:
I just got 3 days of light use with about 35% battery left out of 7/24, pretty happy about that... the bars go grey but i still have data and wifi has been working great. I was getting app fc's when i first booted up but those all went away when i wiped data and rebooted.

Hhmmm... sounds like I should stick to .206 since a little lag here and there are the only problems I've had..

How do you flash cyanogenmod nightlies to Droid 4? I don't see downloads available for Droid 4 and the device isn't even listed on Cyanogenmod's website... what's going on here?

How do you flash cyanogenmod nightlies to Droid 4? I don't see downloads available for Droid 4 and the device isn't even listed on Cyanogenmod's website... what's going on here?

It used to be on rombot.droidhive.com but it seems to be gone. I don't have anywhere to host the latest nightly or I'd send it to you.

I'm a huge fan of the sport of hockey in general, not one of those "devils suck, rangers rule" kind of fans. Also, I'm a smallish, right handed offensive center so it's tough for me not to like someone like him. But I'd be more concerned in goal if I were Philly. You guys should be talking to Vancouver about Luongo.

Sorry to get off topic guys!

Any apps/tweaks you use? haha

Dude that is so awesome!!! Cant believe I found a fellow hockey player, I have not only played since i was 4 years old but I am actually the assistant manager of Hockey Giant Cherry Hill retail store...we have over 20 million dollars worth of hockey equipment!

Dude that is so awesome!!! Cant believe I found a fellow hockey player, I have not only played since i was 4 years old but I am actually the assistant manager of Hockey Giant Cherry Hill retail store...we have over 20 million dollars worth of hockey equipment!

Sounds awesome!! I sent you a PM to keep this from getting off topic haha

frig... did i brick my phone?

I followed the steps 100% and everything worked up until the point of where you update from external flash card

I thought i had a bad zip installed because it failed to install with errors. I removed the SD card and puit it on my computer. Turns out i didn't unzip the acrual rom zip from the downloaded file. After i did that i put the card back intop the phone. here is wherrw the fun started....

chose install from external option....

can not mount sd card..... So i figured the card was inserted bad... same thing. Then i figured the phone just needed the battery pulled... Yes i know you dont need to on the droid 4 but the power and volume down trick was not working. There was no change. So now I am stuck with a half loaded OS and a bad external flash card. Am I ****ed? Is there a way to get back to another version or something?

MoonScar119 said:
frig... did i brick my phone?

I followed the steps 100% and everything worked up until the point of where you update from external flash card

I thought i had a bad zip installed because it failed to install with errors. I removed the SD card and puit it on my computer. Turns out i didn't unzip the acrual rom zip from the downloaded file. After i did that i put the card back intop the phone. here is wherrw the fun started....

chose install from external option....

can not mount sd card..... So i figured the card was inserted bad... same thing. Then i figured the phone just needed the battery pulled... Yes i know you dont need to on the droid 4 but the power and volume down trick was not working. There was no change. So now I am stuck with a half loaded OS and a bad external flash card. Am I ****ed? Is there a way to get back to another version or something?

At this point you're probably really screwed cause I'm sure your battery is dead.. search the forum. Somewhere on here there's a post that talks about how you can cut the micro USB plug off of a charger and hard wire your battery to charge.

Back