ICS OTA in order.

But the ics better be stable when it comes

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

So far the leaks have been great. I installed the second one and I couldn't be happier with it.

Well, no OS is perfect, except Apple. Just ask any iPhone user.:p

Or iPod touch or Ipad since they all use the exact same os, just different screen sizes of the same device

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
A Rezound phone was used for this Tapatalk post

My Rezound purchased in April is my first smartphone so I am new to all of this discussion. I have been afraid of making any changes to my phone as i am very happy with it as it is, but I have no idea what an OTA upgrade is. When (if?) we get it will it automatically download to my phone and if so will it effect the apps that i have on it or make any other changes? I am not even sure of what it will contain - I assume that it will be the Ice Cream Sandwich that I have seen mentioned. I have HTC Sense version 3.5 so is this what will be upgraded? I've tried searching the forum but cn't find the info I"m looking for. Please overlook my ignornce!!

The Rezound is currently running Android version Gingerbread. 2.3.4. The Over The Air update will bring us to the last and greatest. 4.0.3 or .4 and sense 3.6 or later.

My Rezound purchased in April is my first smartphone so I am new to all of this discussion. I have been afraid of making any changes to my phone as i am very happy with it as it is, but I have no idea what an OTA upgrade is. When (if?) we get it will it automatically download to my phone and if so will it effect the apps that i have on it or make any other changes? I am not even sure of what it will contain - I assume that it will be the Ice Cream Sandwich that I have seen mentioned. I have HTC Sense version 3.5 so is this what will be upgraded? I've tried searching the forum but cn't find the info I"m looking for. Please overlook my ignornce!!

It will push to your device, probably in the wee hours of a morning. You'll get a notification that there is an update ready to install. Accept it when you have about an hour to just leave your phone alone, though it shouldn't take that long. You may find a few apps that aren't quite ready for Ice Cream Sandwich and act up but overall nothing should change on most of them .
Go to settings, about phone, software, and see if your numbers match the photo, especially the software number. If they match your ready.

Support Our Troops!!!
<><

PRL version??

Thanks Mark,

Everything on my phone is the same as your graphic, except the 'PRL', whatever that is, is at version 15098. Do you think it matters and I need some kind of update?

Dick
Amen to your sentiments

It will push to your device, probably in the wee hours of a morning. You'll get a notification that there is an update ready to install. Accept it when you have about an hour to just leave your phone alone, though it shouldn't take that long. You may find a few apps that aren't quite ready for Ice Cream Sandwich and act up but overall nothing should change on most of them .
Go to settings, about phone, software, and see if your numbers match the photo, especially the software number. If they match your ready.

Support Our Troops!!!
<><

PRL "preferred roaming list" can vary by area that you live or the last time it got up dated. It is not an issue. They do not suggest one dials *228 with smart phones.

PRL "preferred roaming list" can vary by area that you live or the last time it got up dated. It is not an issue. They do not suggest one dials *228 with smart phones.

Now i don't know if this has been posted as i do not have the need to do so but i do *22899 and that updates my roaming havent had a problem with it and have been doing it for 3 months if anyone knows anything bad about it let me know but as for personal use its fine for me.

Troops!!!
<><

OK - I'm set to go except I usually turn off my phone at night (don't ask me why, just feel like it is the right thing to do:) so hope I get a notice before it downloads. And......thanks for your "Support Our Troops!!" I retired from the USAF in 1975.

bcushman said:
OK - I'm set to go except I usually turn off my phone at night (don't ask me why, just feel like it is the right thing to do:) so hope I get a notice before it downloads. And......thanks for your "Support Our Troops!!" I retired from the USAF in 1975.

Have owned a few smart phones, I have rebooted, but I have NEVER turned them off, NEVER, there is no reason to, plus I use mine as an alarm anyways.

Sent from my HTC Rezound using Droid Forums

Last edited:
Have owned a few smart phones, I have rebooted, but I have NEVER turned them off, NEVER, there is no reason to, plus I use mine as an alarm anyways.

Sent from my HTC Rezound using Droid Forums

Thanks for the info and I'll follow your advice. One final question though regarding the downloading of the OTA. I am using Juice Defender Ultimate. Will that effect the download since it stops the wireless connection except for connecting every 15 minutes (or 5 minutes if i set a scheduloe).

bcushman said:
Thanks for the info and I'll follow your advice. One final question though regarding the downloading of the OTA. I am using Juice Defender Ultimate. Will that effect the download since it stops the wireless connection except for connecting every 15 minutes (or 5 minutes if i set a scheduloe).

Get rid of it, it does nothing but use more juice, not defend against it, just use lookout, that's all you need, and NO it will not stop the OTA. when the OTA is pushed through you will see it on your screen nothing else, make sure your phone is fully charged, most of the time they push it after 12 midnight, so you might wake up and see the message on your screen.

Sent from my HTC Rezound with ICS using Droid Forums

Back