ICS OTA in order.

Now i don't know if this has been posted as i do not have the need to do so but i do *22899 and that updates my roaming havent had a problem with it and have been doing it for 3 months if anyone knows anything bad about it let me know but as for personal use its fine for me.

If you have a 4g phone with a sim card DO NOT DIAL *228. It could fry your sim card. *228 is for 3g phones only.

And one other thing...When the OTA finally hits make sure that you have at least 90% battery life left or keep it plugged in. I don't know how many threads I've read in here about people installing leaks, flashing roms, or getting the OTA with a low battery and then have the phone die on them in the middle of the upgrade. When I flashed the ICS leak it took my battery down quite a bit. Be prepared.

Saw somewhere that htc devices aren't soak tested like moto devices are. Is this true? If so what does that mean as far as the timing for the ota?

cdm369 said:
Saw somewhere that htc devices aren't soak tested like moto devices are. Is this true? If so what does that mean as far as the timing for the ota?

I think all that means is that there is one less thing to do before they send it out to us

Sent from my HTC Rezound infused with ice cream goodness using Droid Forums.

LoudRam said:
I think all that means is that there is one less thing to do before they send it out to us

Sent from my HTC Rezound infused with ice cream goodness using Droid Forums.

Let's hope so...

Wow VZW is pissing me off, with the way they treat the rezound because it doesn't say moto on the front, or have a kick ass Droid commercial, my guess is vzw's knight got showed up by htc and they refused to aid them in any way

Bochoa said:
Wow VZW is pissing me off, with the way they treat the rezound because it doesn't say moto on the front, or have a kick ass Droid commercial, my guess is vzw's knight got showed up by htc and they refused to aid them in any way

I agree with you!

The frustrating thing is moto phones are terrible! At least in my experience. I would gladly use another carrier but Verizon is the strongest in my area.

If you have a 4g phone with a sim card DO NOT DIAL *228. It could fry your sim card. *228 is for 3g phones only.

LMAO. Total bull****.

If you call VZW tech support with issues, one of the things they may have you do to make sure you have connectivity is dial *228.

Code:
LMAO. Total bull****.

If you call VZW tech support with issues, one of the things they may have you do to make sure you have connectivity is dial *228.

Thanks for the polite reply. Actually *228 is for activating 3g cdma phones and updating the towers for those phones. There are warnings all over VZ not to dial *228 if you have a 4g phone. There is some truth to this. It's not total BS like you seem to think. After doing a little research I found out that when the Thunderbolt came out, if you dialed *228 you would damage the sim card. Members in here remember seeing those warning signs in the VZ stores. Put that together with the fact that you don't dial *228 on a 4g phone explains why the rumor started and why I and so many members think that. But of course you just scream BS like an ignorant jerk with no real explanation. I can see why you only have 3 likes with over 300 posts. Your not very helpful or considerate to the other members. And if VZ tech support tells you to dial *228 with a 4g phone, they're the ones that don't know what they are doing.

Code:

Thanks for the polite reply. Actually *228 is for activating 3g cdma phones and updating the towers for those phones. There are warnings all over VZ not to dial *228 if you have a 4g phone. There is some truth to this. It's not total BS like you seem to think. After doing a little research I found out that when the Thunderbolt came out, if you dialed *228 you would damage the sim card. Members in here remember seeing those warning signs in the VZ stores. Put that together with the fact that you don't dial *228 on a 4g phone explains why the rumor started and why I and so many members think that. But of course you just scream BS like an ignorant jerk with no real explanation. I can see why you only have 3 likes with over 300 posts. Your not very helpful or considerate to the other members. And if VZ tech support tells you to dial *228 with a 4g phone, they're the ones that don't know what they are doing.

Loudram's explanation above is correct. You are not supposed to *228 a 4G phone. However, doing so won't fry your SIM. Verizon fixed that after the thunderbolt debacle where people WERE frying SIMs. I don't think there's anything harmful to it, but it really does no good and supposedly puts you on a 3G PRL. Not sure if that matters or not or if there's any truth to it, but that's what I understand.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Verizon will send the update to everyone at exactly the same time - NEVER! Ha ha ha ha ho hee ha who hee ha arrrrgggggg.....

Back