Is Droid Turbo getting Lollipop?

It is annoying to have a flagship phone that we were told would be one of the first to get Lollipop, and to be sitting here being literally the last to get it...

We buy phones for what they are today, but we do sorta have some expectation of what the upgrade path will be... I was down to this and the Nexus, and I guess I should have gone the Nexus route... I really liked the size of this thing, the water repellent and the awesome battery...

I know I'm kicking myself for not getting the Nexus 6. Been through this to many times, Bionic was biggest offender. Turbo is getting close to the title

Yes...the bionic was yet another forgotten device..I remember the 4G drops like they were yesterday...smdh

Well I'm getting in line now for June 12th .....cooler is stocked.... Ice on order..( hot ) fishing pole and sand stakes ready ...only looking forward to soaking my butt in the spa after some surf fishing .. and some Johnnie Walker.. >-)))'>...

Reactions: cr6
Yeah.. There are some really mad turbo users right now. Now the guy is back pedaling and saying the 12th. I look at this in 2 ways.. One of the Moto forum guys already said as well....I've never seen a person in this guys position keep shooting themselves in the foot..he's holding his ground and changed the date.. To me..only a real piece of work would keep grasping at straws..so I think he truly does believe something is happening
Or he's going for troll of the year...

That said..I still think July or august..and I know lots of people are jumping ship.. This is a really good device IMHO..sucks it's gotten caught up in volte gate...or a c gate...whichever..

Reactions: cr6
I don't think there would be as many Turbo owners carrying torches and pitchforks if you guys actually had dual antennas and your device automatically had access to simultaneous voice & data.
But that's just me.....I've had the feature for years, so I don't know...I'm sure I take it for granted. I know I use the option frequently, and it would suck not having it.

Other than that, the actual Lollipop changelog features are meh, so at least you aren't missing much there. (I know that's no consolation) It has to be frustrating for sure....It's like having a brand new vette but you're stuck driving it in a gated community that has speed bumps every 500 feet. (Ok, that was a weak analogy! LOL)
The point is, we know Verizon is capable of pushing out timely updates...there is obviously something within this update that isn't playing well with the Turbo.
Damn Moto....seems like there's always a trade off or sacrifice somewhere with their devices.

S5 tap'n

Yeah.. There are some really mad turbo users right now. Now the guy is back pedaling and saying the 12th. I look at this in 2 ways.. One of the Moto forum guys already said as well....I've never seen a person in this guys position keep shooting themselves in the foot..he's holding his ground and changed the date.. To me..only a real piece of work would keep grasping at straws..so I think he truly does believe something is happening
Or he's going for troll of the year...

That said..I still think July or august..and I know lots of people are jumping ship.. This is a really good device IMHO..sucks it's gotten caught up in volte gate...or a c gate...whichever..
The fella is one of the editors of Android Police, they're not known for spreading rubbish.

Like one of the other members said previously.... I'm not sure this is Moto holding things up. I bet is VZW holding things up.

Last edited:
I've never once needed data and voice at the same time.
And yea, a weak analogy. Better: The Turbo is a 2015 Vette and they added in car BT mid model year. But we need an update to get it. Cars runs great. Just missing features.

TapaTurbo

Last edited:
I like my analogy better. I'd certainly miss it if I didn't have it, especially after having it on previous devices. I rarely talk on my phone without my BT and having the ability to actually use my device WHILE I'm using my phone is invaluable.

S5 tap'n

I don't really talk on my phone. Less then 60 minutes in the last billing cycle.

TapaTurbo

Back