Just got the OTA update for my Nexus.

SSHGuru said:
I just tried the trick and it's downloading and installing now! Thanks! Just in time for my upgrade to the Galaxy S III...

After the upgrade this phone is about perfect. It will make you forget the siii and all the new bugs that will take them 6 months to fix on that.

There seems to be a lot of WolfPack/NC State references on this thread. State won in NCAA baseball and Carolina lost today. Carolina should be finished. Still trying to figure out if I can receive the update being unlocked and rooted with Gummy.
WolfpackRon.

Glad you guys are loving your phones all over again! I've had 4.0.4 for a while now (helped me a lot as well), and recently just got the MIUI ROM on this bad boy. It's like a whole new phone AGAIN! Won't be going back to AOKP for a while, now.

Glad you guys are loving your phones all over again! I've had 4.0.4 for a while now (helped me a lot as well), and recently just got the MIUI ROM on this bad boy. It's like a whole new phone AGAIN! Won't be going back to AOKP for a while, now.
That must be a really nice ROM for you to say your not going back to AOKP for a while.

That must be a really nice ROM for you to say your not going back to AOKP for a while.
With Franco Kernel, I'd have to say this is better than AOKP. The themes, animations, and just whole looks is better. I loved AOKP because I could add the 4th navigation bar and deal with my CPU settings in ROM control, but MIUI has a 4th nav button and I can just used Franco's app to take cake of CPU. It feels like I have my old DROID again.

With Franco Kernel, I'd have to say this is better than AOKP. The themes, animations, and just whole looks is better. I loved AOKP because I could add the 4th navigation bar and deal with my CPU settings in ROM control, but MIUI has a 4th nav button and I can just used Franco's app to take cake of CPU. It feels like I have my old DROID again.
I gonna keep her stock for now,but love all the wisdom I get on all these ROMs.

Just wanted to throw in my 2 cents. The force stop trick worked for me after about 5 tries. I've noticed more 4g bars, but dies anybody know if they fixed an actual problem or just changed the algarithm(sp) that the phone uses to calculate signal strength to make show more bars when its really the same signal as before

Just youtuded MIUI ROM for Nexus,Nice Rom.

Just wanted to throw in my 2 cents. The force stop trick worked for me after about 5 tries. I've noticed more 4g bars, but dies anybody know if they fixed an actual problem or just changed the algarithm(sp) that the phone uses to calculate signal strength to make show more bars when its really the same signal as before

It just shows more bars now. They lowered the required DBM level to reach a certain number of bars.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

syndicate0017 said:
It just shows more bars now. They lowered the required DBM level to reach a certain number of bars.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Thanks

Still nothing here as far as the update for me. I'm in the Washington, DC, metro area.

Try the Google Services Framework glitch. If you FC the Google Services Framework apk and then go to settings and pull the update, sometimes it pulls. I'd try it a few times as I've heard some on XDA have had success using it.

This worked for me yesterday on the second try.

Screenshot_2012-06-04-07-16-31.png

Last edited:
Got my OTA update today to 4.0.4, Washington D.C. area if that matters.

DancingNexus

EVIL_CLAW said:
Got my OTA update today to 4.0.4, Washington D.C. area if that matters.

DancingNexus

I did the work around on Sunday and cleared Google Services and forceclosed and pulled the update down from VZW myself. Got impatient. Thanks for letting me know, though.

Got it today. Was waiting when I got up this morning.

Back