LauncherPro Beta (SUPER FAST & SMOOTH Launcher!)

gardobus

Silver Member
Reaction score
app-Ezxp.cs.png

I found this home replacement last night and it is FAST. It is honestly faster than any other home replacement I've ever tried and faster than any of the stock ones we've used.

The feature list isn't huge but the speed is amazing! The app drawer is 2D but the apps "fly in" like the 3D one.

Here is the market description:

Based on the stock Android Launcher (Home app), LauncherPro adds some new and exciting features:

- Super-smooth scrolling between home screens
- Animated screen previews (like Exposé or HTC Sense)
- Up to 7 home screens
- App drawer with a fly-in effect and smooth scrolling
- Shortcuts to phone, SMS, contacts and browser.

Everything listed above is SUPER smooth. Screen scrolling, app drawer scrolling, the fly-in effect, the screen previews, all amazingly fast.

It is so fast that I think I'll keep this one. Also, the dev has been updated fairly regularly with new features.

Developer's Site with Changelog: http://www.launcherpro.com/
Androlib: LauncherPro Beta v0.1.1 Application for Android | Productivity

Last edited:
just installed bout to give it a looksey

basic, nice smooth launcher. Havesome minor f/c when adding widgets but it looking alright. I am going to play with it today. ill give my opinion after giving it a day.

Oh my....just using it for a few seconds, yea its fast. Yea I wanna change the 4 docked icons too. You can still drag icons to trashcan at bottom of screen. I havent tried Live Wallpapers yet. Going from portrait to landscape no issues yet.

This is very nice so far. Whats the animated screen previews? If its the lil preview of the screens, I'm not getting it. I tried double tapping, etc.

Oh yea, this just became my default launcher....hopefully I dont have any headaches with it.

Thanks for the find and the tip.

Last edited:
If you set it to your default launcher you can press the Home key and it will show you all of your screens and you can tap one to jump to it.

I haven't had any FCs and I added several widgets to see if that would slow it down. Nope, still super fast.

Wow all i can say is just wow.. Its so super smooth when you press the app drawer, the scrolling through screens is exactly like senseUI and smooth!! I love it already.

I kinda laughed at the review that said it's too fast LOL

So far this is very nice. It is extremely fast and i'm actually comparing it to Zeam. I thought Zeam was quick. But yeah I'm digging this. I like the Sense view. Zeam's screen view shows the background. This would be nice to have that added on here. Def needs to have options of customizing shortcuts. Wonder what one can do making whatever screen into a hone screen on this?
I will make sure to add this to the Home Application thread. I would like to see disable notifications and screen capture on these new home apps.
Thanks for the find.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

this is THE smoothest launcher I have ever used. I kinda wish the buttons were able to be programmed to other apps but I am keeping it nonetheless. THIS is the way a launcher should perform. I am definitely picking this up when it gets out of beta. Great launcher!

This is how home launchers should perform. The fact that all launchers seem to act sluggish bothered me to no end. To me, it didn't make any sense seeing how capable the Droid is. LauncherPro is now my default.

Nice find, is it faster than the native home launcher?
Edit: NM, I tried it this thing is sweet so far, we'll see how it goes.

Last edited:
Just defaulted it, it's FRICKIN AWESOME thanks for the heads up about it man :)

Does anyone notice when you're in the app drawer, and you select an app, it doesn't get highlighted?

Back