LauncherPro Beta (SUPER FAST & SMOOTH Launcher!)

Very nice find, this thing is fast... 4 shortcuts at the bottom dont bother me none as they are the ones i use anyways lol.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Its a toss up bw adw and launcherpro. Adw is snappier with lwp disabled and the static shortcut bar is real nice, but launcherpro 3D drawer is much smoother.

Its a tough call.

Last edited:
For those that use their app drawer a lot, I can see the appeal. On the other hand, with Helix1 the customizable "sticky" icons on the bottom of the screen are essential to me. I seldom access my app drawer directly because I have "Folder Organizer" set up to put groups of selected apps on home screens with access through a single icon.

The presentation of the homescreen previews is excellent. Better than Helix, I think.

It's quite snappy but I'll be interested to see how "snappy" it remains as features are added. If the developer can maintain the performance and add some of the essential customizable features that some of the other home replacements have, it will be a nice alternative.

Once I can customize the 4 icons I will have no reason to use other launchers. This one is fast, has extra screens, has the shortcuts at the bottom, and has a minimalistic look with a nice looking app drawer.

I hate the old stock looking drawers :|

Good speed. I can't switch the default browser though. But I'm sure that will be fixed in a future update.

I still like the home++ power bar better though. I wish it could be ported to this app. The home++ is so functional and sleek looking.

Home++ is nice but after a few updates it was giving me FCs and wasn't very fast. :(

You can change this to default home by pressing Menu > Settings > Applications > Menu > Filter > All > find your current default home > Clear Defaults.

I kinda like the bounce effect.

I had set my default browser to Dolphin HD before installing Launcher Pro, and it's still the default browser in the 4 icon tray deal, so that works for me. I can still have icons for the Android browser and Skyfire on one of the home screens.

i see where all would like the ability to change the sticky apps, but no one has said what they are. just wondering b/c they may be the ones i use anyway. thanks.

i see where all would like the ability to change the sticky apps, but no one has said what they are. just wondering b/c they may be the ones i use anyway. thanks.
It appears that it uses whatever defaults you have set up previously.

It's quite snappy but I'll be interested to see how "snappy" it remains as features are added. If the developer can maintain the performance and add some of the essential customizable features that some of the other home replacements have, it will be a nice alternative.

I concur. I'mm also liking some of the features that TagHome has.but I must say Launcher Pro is snappy,and smooth. I have a pattern lock screen for "security" and it is just so fluid when drawing out the pattern.This one had some serious potential.

Edit: guess I'll test and see how well the alarm works on it in about 4 hours....

From left to right: Phone, Contacts, Stock SMS App, Browser.

You can change what the bottom ICONs run but not how they look. I chose Handcent and it goes there now.

I don't remember my Droid being this fast when I bought it. Everything is faster - programs launching, screens moving - this blows everything out of the water. It's almost like having Froyo... :)

Back