LauncherPRO vs LaucherPro Plus

launcherpro plus

Thanks so much huskerkate. I appreciate your help. I did it!! I got the download straight from the link. :) Do you use skyfire as your default browser?

no prob! i think you'll really like it. and, you might want to try this for custom icons for the launcher tray at the bottom (Download: Custom Droid Life LauncherPro Trays - Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog). i just downloaded them this morning - they're kinda cool!

i don't use skyfire. right now i'm experimenting with xscope and omni, but am leaning toward xscope. i tried dolphin, but didn't like it at all.

Charlie

launcherpro plus

I downloaded the plus with no problem but it will not let me make it my default home screen. I had no problem with the beta version. What am I doing wrong? Thanks

now, to get LPP running, just hit the dedicated "home" button on your phone when you are in an app, and it will ask you which launcher you want to use to get home. click the "use by default" checkmark, and then select LPP - now it's your default launcher. once you're at LPP home screen, hit the menu button, then preferences, and you can set up your homescreens...

send me a PM if you don't get it to work...

Last edited:
The reason LPP is a different apk file right now is because the dev cannot put in on the market. The dev has already created a license-key system. So that everyone will download LauncherPro Beta from the Market for free and anyone who wants the Plus features will purchase a key. The key will unlock the Plus features that are already placed in the Beta. So the Beta is actually the full product just with the Plus features locked. That is why you are seeing the Widget on the free version. It's there, but you have to unlock those features in order to use them. The license feature is actually going to be released tomorrow. So look for the update.

Also, if you visit the LP forum, the developer is constantly interacting with the community to see what everyone wants and doesn't want. So the People Widget is going to get better. This was just the initial release. He is already coming out with an update here soon that will have a Bookmark widget along with some changes to the People Widget.

I am VERY impressed with this application and think that $3 is a bargain for the amount of features it has along with the developer adding things based on what people ask for.

X

I just down loaded the LP+ and haven't been able to bring up that options bar when selecting on a contact with the People Widget. When I select it bring up the contact window.

How do you get that horizontal bar with the option to txt, call, email etc. as shown on his homepage?!?

I just down loaded the LP+ and haven't been able to bring up that options bar when selecting on a contact with the People Widget. When I select it bring up the contact window.

How do you get that horizontal bar with the option to txt, call, email etc. as shown on his homepage?!?
Unfortunately, Motorola didn't include the popup bar that is shown on the LPP homepage. I don't really understand why they left that out, but that is why it is not showing up. The developer already stated he would make some changes to the widget to accommodate.

If I got launcher pro plus can I save my icons from launcher pro beta? I'm using the Droid x theme and I Like my app box icon? Thanks in advance!

i bought pro..to support the dev... i love this launcher.... but since the new people widget in pro, wont show the pics from your FB contacts and the x wont let you change them.. its useless to me.. but love the launcher

Try using syncmypixs. It's free in the market. I installed it last night and it syncronized most of my Facebook contacts, I guess those who had photos.

........ this worked THANK YOU!!

Back