Leavin Droid Inc for DX

The X is only 1/4" taller than the Incredible. Both are AWESOME devices so you can't really go wrong either way honestly. The important thing is to pick what fits YOU and YOUR usage best. After all, its you signing the agreement, not us. Everyone likes different things and that's why we offer so many models of the Android phones. Test drive each and go from there! Good luck! :)

Agreed i dont know why people have to come on here and be dicks for no reason....I went and got the incredible today....and love it so far...not sure about the battery yet we will see...but the x was just to big for me and i hope you enjoy it Martin

DroidForums junkie!

Interesting thread. I just picked up an X. I had the original Droid for a while. I kind of like the Incredible, and for a while, it was THE phone to get. The issues with battery life and reports I've heard about spotty call quality/signal had me really reluctant for a while. I'm glad I decided on the X. It is BIG though!

I agree both are amazing in there own respects, so far though I'm extremely unimpressed with the battery on this incredible and don't want to have that heinously thick battery so I'm leaning towards the X for from what I can gather from what I read seems to have a better battery life in general and I would love the larger screen if only by a slim margin because I have gorilla paws more or less Haha, do enjoy te sense UI though has anyone switched to the x and found a good replacement for the stock UI or been happy w the blur UI ? I've read about launcher pro but haven't tried it yet because of the sense UI

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums App

This thread is interesting to me as I am considering switching from the X to the Inc.

For me, even with LauncherPro the UI of the X is just too damn slow and clunky. It is also, in my experience, way to buggy.

It takes a FULL 2-3 seconds for the camera to come up. then when it does half the time, literally, when I go and hit the shutter or the video records button, the phone reboots. What is the use of a great camera if the phone reboots half the time?

Is the battery life THAT bad on the Inc that bad? What are we really talking about is bad? How about the seido batteries?

Thanks for the help.

The battery so far is my only real detractor with my inc I love the phone and they do offer larger batteries but they all look pretty massive and change the phones look pretty drastically from what I have found so far, there are steps you can take to conserve the battery on the inc but even so with moderate to heavy use I still notice a rather quick battery drain other than that I love the Dinc still trying to learn everything and for the most part am a noob in the truest sense after surfing through some of these forums haha, but thank u for your input on the launcher and Droid x UI though definitely is a hard decision because I love this UI and the phone as a whole so far but the screen on the X is attractive to me and my paws also, ive also read that the x's stock UI allows for a higher level of customization over the sense UI have u had a good experience with your freedom to customize your stock UI so far? Again extremely new so sorry for the super long posts just pretty enthralled with it all wish I had come to the community sooner!

My uncle got the inc on release and I was playing with it its too small! Haha once you get used to the size of the dx you can't have aa smaller phone or atleast I can't.htc sense is good though but the battery life sucks booty I didn't care for the inc so I bought the x and my uncle always jokes if he loses his phone or drops it that he's going to get the x! Haha hope that helps some

Haha it does indeed suck, ill be returning mine soon for an X How do u like yours and more importantly how has your battery life been

My uncle got the inc on release and I was playing with it its too small! Haha once you get used to the size of the dx you can't have aa smaller phone or atleast I can't.htc sense is good though but the battery life sucks booty I didn't care for the inc so I bought the x and my uncle always jokes if he loses his phone or drops it that he's going to get the x! Haha hope that helps some

I think there's a lot of merit to that... my dinc is the first smartphone I've owned so I don't know any better ;) but I do think I like the smaller size anyway, even though sometimes a real keyboard would be nice (fat fingers). Also, I've never been a fan of MOTO phones, though I realize their android devices are excellent (duh!)

Sent from my ADR6300

If you want to make the switch that is your decision. I just wish people would listen to me about the seidio 1750 extended slim battery. I came from a Droid 1 over to my inc. I am used to vanilla Android so after using sense for a week or so I switched over to an asop Rom ( cm) and bought the seidio 1750. Without sense and with this battery I get better battery life on my incredible and I did on my Droid. And I'm on my phone a lot. My girlfriend calls it my bff.

While you still have the incredible check that battery out. It uses the stock door so your phone won't have a tumor growing off its back. Charge it for 12 hours on first charge. And watch the magic happen.

Sent from the van down by the river.

How do you carry a Dx around?

I can't be without a belt holster for my phone. I could never imagine strapping that thing to my waist. It would catch on everything and feel like a have a 2by4 hanging there.

Haha in my pocket but my aunt has the holster. I just think that after having it all smaller phones are obsolete. In fact my boy got the intercept from virgin mobile and he always wants to use my phone not just because its faster but because of the screen size. So size does matter! Haha

Haha in my pocket but my aunt has the holster. I just think that after having it all smaller phones are obsolete. In fact my boy got the intercept from virgin mobile and he always wants to use my phone not just because its faster but because of the screen size. So size does matter! Haha

You must have big pockets. I would never carry my little Dinc :) around in a pocket.

Well I don't wear skinny leg pants first off and I usually wear khakis but I dunno. The inc is just too small for me that's all only phone I could use would be the evo or the olympus

I guy down the hall from me has a Dx. When ever I hold it it feels like a have small book in my hands not a phone.

4.3" is a big phone - I believe 4.1" is where it is at - now for Moto to release one :happy:

Back