Liquid JB 4.2 Rom Droid 4 XT894

All builds are kexec based (even if it's not labeled that way), and have been for a few months now, probably since about the time Hash and Dhacker got their hands on the Razr JB kernel. There were probably a few non-kexec builds of Liquid when the D4 was still on ICS, but those are long gone. And definitely not compatible now if you're on the JB update.

Idk abt a couple of months ago.cause the non kexec was slot 1. And no I'm still on ICS. No need to update cause I hate stock. Plus I have no pc

How do u make a back up of the kernel?
So download that kernel mod and place it in that file path and reboot?

How do u make a back up of the kernel?
So download that kernel mod and place it in that file path and reboot?

I backed up my whole system in SS first. Then I renamed the current Kernel to kernel.old then copy and pasted the new one in and changed the permissions to match the current kernel (644 I think) and removed the .txt extension and rebooted. I used Root Explorer to do all of this.

So nightlies after 4/23 are supposed to use the 3.0.8 kernel for stability purposes. But there isn't a 4/23 build, and liquid's nightlies are haphazard at best. Can anyone make a fresh build for us?

Sent from my XT894 using Tapatalk 2

This ROM used to be awesome, but the longer it goes, the more stuff gets broken. I switched over to Eclipse for now and will leave this ROM alone until all these new bugs are resolved.

Edit: Nevermind, see the build. You never disappoint Jsnweitzel, thanks again!

Last edited:
FYI: The OP needs updated. It still says Rom Slot 1 only, and it would be cool to have the Updates list updated too if possible.

Just wondering if you have BT or speakerphone working on your latest nightly. I can live without speakerphone but I really need BT for when I get calls while I'm driving.

I answered my own question... BT works, speakerphone does not. :)

I'm using Liquid nightly version now. Only rotation is still not working. Everything seems stable.

Sent from my XT897 using Tapatalk 2

Back