Moto X or Droid Turbo?

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Specs definitely go to the Turbo but the Moto X's functionality is truly awesome. On paper I'd have to pick the Turbo, but life doesn't happen on paper. I'm going to have to see the Turbo in action to decide which phone comes out on top, but I'm fairly certain the Moto X will not be easily beat.

It really could come down to a hardware preference

If the turbo has the same features as the X, as the Droid line did last year then I'd say Turbo all the way. The battery size to me is the deciding factor. But I'm not one to make a decision until I've had hands on experience with both. Like you implied, it could be a more difficult decision than I'm thinking.

on the move..

I like that you can customize the Moto X to you in how it looks...we should start seeing more of the Turbo in the wild in the coming weeks, so it should be interesting on performance.

I've had the Droid Maxx HD for two years. Loved the extra battery life. Camera and weight not so much. My contract with Verizon expired a couple of weeks ago and I jumped on the Moto X (2nd Gen). It is a little lighter than the HD Maxx, even though it has a bigger screen (4.7 vs. 5.2) and also thinner and more "pocketable." I really like this. I assume the the Droid Turbo, which will also have a 5.2 inch screen, will have a bigger battery than the X, which means heavier, thicker, and less pocketable. I am extremely happy with my ebony wood backed X2, and the battery life is much better than expected. Also love the active screen function and virtually stock Android software build. I only have 12 more days on my return option. Pretty sure I'm going to keep it.

Moto x back.jpg

If price is any indicator, then $725<$500<$300(?)....meaning the winner is the original Moto X! (in terms of value).

I'm digging the Turbo, but do I want to pay $725 retail for a phone that's bigger than I want and that doesn't have an SD card? Do I buy a used Moto X for $200, and then get the phone I REALLY want in a year or two?

Heck, I like a heavy phone! Matter of fact, I'm gonna get the toughest, thickest, strongest phone cover for my new Turbo once I get one.

Heck, I might even put side pipes on her! :D

=^ .". ^=
I'm with you on the side pipes. Would look good dropped with hydraulic shocks, oversized wheels and low profile sneakers too!

I'm with you on the side pipes. Would look good dropped with hydraulic shocks, oversized wheels and low profile sneakers too!
Needs a nitrous fogger package with under chassis lights

I saw that earlier. Now I actually think it should be in our hands on Thursday... Eeeeeexcelent.. Lol

With the Moto X software features on the Droid Turbo and the generous battery life I'm going with the Droid Turbo as the Android handset to own on VZW.

Quite an impressive beast!

BRAAAAPPPP

sent from my XT1080 using tapatrash

I could seriously see myself driving down the road in a dropped Droid TURBO, that would be baaad ass!

Have to be the red one though.

Back