Motorola Atrix Heading to Verizon Q4 2011

Honestly I will be getting the atrix tomorrow. But thats just because I get bored quick of phones. The atrix has better picture quality and when you take a picture it looks a lot nicer than iphone. Also the sound quality blows the iphone away. Like i said only thing I dont like is how most of time download speeds are lower and the upload speed for atrix is terrible not even half as fast as iphone upload speed. I'm warning every single person out there to watch out for the unlock button its terrible. Its on back of phone which makes it very annoying to access. No phone is perfect you dont have to believe what I say but please think about what I say when you use the phone.

Something has to be wrong on the set-up you tested. I don't know if it's Froyo, but I saw video of the Optimus 2X blow away the IPhone on browsing.

Plus, I think the Atrix is supposed to be HSPA+ so really hard to believe it doesn't kick tail there.

But I agree that's why you have to test phones for yourself. Comparable speeds would be disappointing, but what you were saying points to some other issue going on here because there's just no way it's going to be 2-3X slower.

Thats what I was saying....clips we have seen of the LG 2X compared to the iPhone showed different results.

And many reviews said the LG 2X had buggier software compared to the Atrix.

Could it have been because he was actually at the ATT store? Ive actually been in a Verizon store and have lost web access because of all the phones on the network at the same time in such a small area.

Btw the phone comes with 10.4 of memory installed thats it not even close to the 16 they promise.

I'm sure you mean that 10.4 gb is usable, not that only 10.4 is installed. Still, that's a big chunk taken up by the system. That Webtop software must be taking up a heck of a lot of space.

I'm sure you mean that 10.4 gb is usable, not that only 10.4 is installed. Still, that's a big chunk taken up by the system. That Webtop software must be taking up a heck of a lot of space.

That's crazy....like 5 gigs to, basically, just run a full Firefox browser?

i have a thunderbolt and a atrix they both have sim cards can i use my atrix with verizon ?

i have a thunderbolt and a atrix they both have sim cards can i use my atrix with verizon ?

No....they have different radios. Tbolt is LTE, Atrix is HSPA+ or as we like to call it 3.5G

Sent from somewhere...

You have to think that there is going to be a big launch in early July -- the timeframe in which the early Droid adopters become eligible for an upgrade

You could be right but I doubt it. The Bionic has been up on Moto's site for months and it was introduced at CITA.

I got a feeling the Bionic is gonna get scratched for this. In other words...the Bionic will be the Verizon version of the Atrix, but this time it will the the exact same phone.

I had that same theory a few months back...at this point I dont really care. I might not even get a Tegra 2 phone once battery life comparisons with the other dual core chips come out.

Even then I dont even know which carrier I will be on this summer...lol I did get a text from Verizon the other day about my early upgrade being available now.

So its just a waiting game for me. Wait to see what other phones will actually get released on Verizon in the upcoming months.

Also your all going to be very disappointed with the screen size I put the iphone on top of atrix and atrix is a tiny bit bigger but pretty much same size of iphone.

Not everybody wants a huge phone. There are people out there, like me, that think a 4 inch screen, maybe even a bit smaller, is just about perfect for a phone

If the Atrix was released on Verizon (instead of AT&T) I would have it right now! I really wish that it was already out on Verizon because I like the size of the phone much better than the Bionic and all of the other dual core 4G phones that are set to launch this year. I've considered going to AT&T to get the Atrix, but I didn't do that when I thought I wanted an iPhone two years ago, so why would I do that now. Leaving a better network for a phone just doesn't make sense to me, at all. **the AT&T/T-Mobile merger is intriguing, but neither company will have as fast of a 4G network as Verizon.**

verizon-atrix.png

If your like me, then you have been itching for all of these new android phones we saw at CES to finally start hitting the stores. On the top of my list is the Motorola Atrix, one of the first dual core CPU smartphones to launch this year. While this device is definitely in the running for top spot on the Android phone list, it has one minor problem for us users of Verizon. The Atrix was suppose to be an AT&T exclusive. However today we were tipped off that this device is heading to the Big Red network Q4 of 2011. For those that don't follow AT&T android phones, here's a quick look at the specs of this bad boy:

• Display: 4.0" QHD with 24-bit color graphics
  • Camera: 5 MP autofocus with LED flash and VGA front-facing camera
  • Processor: nVidia Tegra dual-core 1 Ghz processor
  • Memory: 1GB Ram and up to 48GB Storage (16gb Internal, 32GB External)
  • Dimensions: 2.5 × 4.6 × 0.4 inches
  • Weight: 4.8 ounces
  • Battery: 1930 mAh lithium cell
  • Bluetooth: Version 2.1+EDR with stereo
  • Wi-Fi: 802.11b/g/n and unlimited usage on AT&T's entire national Wi-Fi network†
  • Talk time: Up to 9 hours
  • Standby Time: Up to 10.4 days

Still rumor at this time, but we'll continue to dig for details..

That's great, Verizon will be getting a year old phone on the cusp of it being replaced with a newer model. Brilliant.

Back