Motorola Olympus aka "Terminator" Spotted!

wtf is motoblur? I have the d1 but it's rooted and running UD2.0 so I guess I never noticed it.

Beside motorblur is not much of anything but motorola software they stick in and ui but its not that much I could only tell i have few motorola programs thats all because i hacked into my droid x.

So this AMAZING piece of hardware is coming to Verizon in Feb. and is gonna be 4G?

To expand on BGKris's post here are the specs of the Tegra 2

Dual-core ARM Cortex-A9 CPU — The world’s first mobile dual-core CPU for faster Web browsing, snappier response time, and overall better performance. The Cortex-A9 is the world’s first mobile CPU with out of order execution for more efficient processing, resulting in a better overall experience.

Ultra-low power (ULP) GeForce GPU — NVIDIA graphics technology architected for low-power applications enables an excellent visual experience while mobile. The ULP GeForce GPU delivers outstanding mobile 3D game playability and a visually engaging, highly-responsive 3D user interface.

1080p Video Playback Processor — Play back 1080p HD movies with your mobile device. Delivers smooth, full frame rate 1080p HD video playback and streaming HD Flash video playback without compromising battery life.

1080p Video Encode Processor — Runs video encode algorithms to deliver full 1080p HD video streams for video recording and conferencing capabilities.

Image Signal Processor (ISP
) — Take sharp brilliant pictures with support for up to 12 MP cameras. The integrated image signal processor (ISP) includes proprietary algorithms that enable image and video stabilization, face tracking, advanced trick modes, light balance, edge enhancement, and noise reduction to deliver real-time photo enhancement capabilities.

Audio Processor — Handles signal audio processing to deliver over 140 hours of continuous 128kbps mp3 audio playback on a single battery charge.

ARM7 Processor — Supports system management functions and several proprietary battery life extending features.

High-Definition Digital Display Output — Tegra supports HDMI allowing you to connect to a full 1080p HDTV or other display and view your content on the big screen. 5.1 surround sound support fills your room with a theater-like experience.

OpenGL® ES 2.0 Optimizations and Support — Ensures robust compatibility and performance for OpenGL applications.

Global Power Management System — Numerous hardware monitors distributed across the Tegra architecture collect data on activity levels, frequency, temperature, and incoming request patterns. The data is used to determine the optimal operating condition to ensure that the processors are always running at the lowest possible power level while still delivering maximum performance when needed.

Specifications

Processor and Memory Subsystem
Dual-core ARM® Cortex-A9 MPCore™ processor, up to 1.0 GHz
32-bit LP-DDR2, DDR2

Ultra Low Power NVIDIA Graphics
OpenGL ES 2.0
Programmable pixel shader
Programmable vertex and lighting
2x 3D graphics performance of previous generation Tegra

Full High Definition Multimedia
1080p H.264/VC-1/MPEG-4 Video Decode
1080p H.264 Video Encode
Supports multi-standard audio formats, including AAC, AMR, WMA, and MP3
Upgraded JPEG encode and decode acceleration

Integrated Image Signal Processing
Up to 12 megapixel camera sensor support
Advanced imaging features (AWB, AF, AE, etc.)

Display Subsystem
True dual-display support
Maximum display resolutions supported:
1080p (1920x1080) HDMI 1.3
WSXGA+ (1680x1050) LCD
UXGA (1600x1200) CRT
NTSC/PAL TV output

Last edited:
To expand on BGKris's post here are the specs of the Tegra 2

Dual-core ARM Cortex-A9 CPU — The world’s first mobile dual-core CPU for faster Web browsing, snappier response time, and overall better performance. The Cortex-A9 is the world’s first mobile CPU with out of order execution for more efficient processing, resulting in a better overall experience.

Ultra-low power (ULP) GeForce GPU — NVIDIA graphics technology architected for low-power applications enables an excellent visual experience while mobile. The ULP GeForce GPU delivers outstanding mobile 3D game playability and a visually engaging, highly-responsive 3D user interface.

1080p Video Playback Processor — Play back 1080p HD movies with your mobile device. Delivers smooth, full frame rate 1080p HD video playback and streaming HD Flash video playback without compromising battery life.

1080p Video Encode Processor — Runs video encode algorithms to deliver full 1080p HD video streams for video recording and conferencing capabilities.

Image Signal Processor (ISP
) — Take sharp brilliant pictures with support for up to 12 MP cameras. The integrated image signal processor (ISP) includes proprietary algorithms that enable image and video stabilization, face tracking, advanced trick modes, light balance, edge enhancement, and noise reduction to deliver real-time photo enhancement capabilities.

Audio Processor — Handles signal audio processing to deliver over 140 hours of continuous 128kbps mp3 audio playback on a single battery charge.

ARM7 Processor — Supports system management functions and several proprietary battery life extending features.

High-Definition Digital Display Output — Tegra supports HDMI allowing you to connect to a full 1080p HDTV or other display and view your content on the big screen. 5.1 surround sound support fills your room with a theater-like experience.

OpenGL® ES 2.0 Optimizations and Support — Ensures robust compatibility and performance for OpenGL applications.

Global Power Management System — Numerous hardware monitors distributed across the Tegra architecture collect data on activity levels, frequency, temperature, and incoming request patterns. The data is used to determine the optimal operating condition to ensure that the processors are always running at the lowest possible power level while still delivering maximum performance when needed.

Specifications

Processor and Memory Subsystem
Dual-core ARM® Cortex-A9 MPCore™ processor, up to 1.0 GHz
32-bit LP-DDR2, DDR2

Ultra Low Power NVIDIA Graphics
OpenGL ES 2.0
Programmable pixel shader
Programmable vertex and lighting
2x 3D graphics performance of previous generation Tegra

Full High Definition Multimedia
1080p H.264/VC-1/MPEG-4 Video Decode
1080p H.264 Video Encode
Supports multi-standard audio formats, including AAC, AMR, WMA, and MP3
Upgraded JPEG encode and decode acceleration

Integrated Image Signal Processing
Up to 12 megapixel camera sensor support
Advanced imaging features (AWB, AF, AE, etc.)

Display Subsystem
True dual-display support
Maximum display resolutions supported:
1080p (1920x1080) HDMI 1.3
WSXGA+ (1680x1050) LCD
UXGA (1600x1200) CRT
NTSC/PAL TV output

The trick, just like PCs that are 64bit, is having the apps and games that actually make use of all that friggin' power. In the tech world, that is drool worthy, but developers are designing apps to make money and wont be sequestering themselves into a corner with only high end devices. The device should provide some decent longevity though as developers and the market catch up. I know I read about Rovio, for instance, making games that run on "antiquated" (read: a year old) devices. But how many will want to go that route. It's like deja vu from 12 years ago when PC's makers were coming up with new tech every month. Who would want to sign up for a 2-year contract right now???

But, yeah...:icon_eek:

Ok, it's official....I'm a motorola fanboy...lol. I'm getting excited again like I was with the X. Don't feel that way for any other phones.

But I do wanna check out the LG phone.....

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

I guess I am going to hold off on getting the droid x. My D1 is good enough but depending on reviews this would be the phone to make me shell out cash.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Back