My phone has a mole

RuLEoF2

Reaction score
I've been getting a lot of "unknown" callers for about a year now. On more than one occasion, it's been at the most inconvenient times. Like when I'm in the middle of a web search or something. I've often thought it was odd that it almost always happened when I was actually using the device.

Today, it was super obvious. I hadn't touched my phone since I unplugged it from the charger when I got up. Four hours later, I unlocked the screen to send a text and within 30 seconds, I get an "unknown" call. It's got to be something talking to an outside source, telling it that the phone is awake.

Is there any way that I can prove that and find the culprit?

Thanks.

Could be a virus like malware or something, is your device rooted? Also maybe trying a factory reset would help.

Author of Crucial Android Blog
Android App Developer

Could be a virus like malware or something, is your device rooted? Also maybe trying a factory reset would help.

Android App Developer

Yes. It's rooted. HTC One M9 running android 6.0 with ViperOne 4.3.0.

I agree that a reset will likely be the solution but I'd like to try to find the offender first so that I don't download / install it again.

I get the "my area code and first 3 digit, including my actual phone number", random calls usually about 10 minutes after I'm done making a legitimate phone call.

I get the "my area code and first 3 digit, including my actual phone number", random calls usually about 10 minutes after I'm done making a legitimate phone call.

Yeah. I get a lot of those too. So does my wife.

Try disabling one of your apps per day. Might take awhile. But I'm sure you'll find the offender

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

I rooted my device, and then started to get calls from a number, the first 4 digits stayed the same, but last 4 changed everytime, and after I untooted they stopped, I tried a while to find the culprit but failed.
Me: 0
Samsung: 1

Android App Developer

Back