NEW: When Will the ThunderBolt be Available for Purchase?

When will it be available?

• Thursday, March 3rd

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Friday, March 4th

• Thursday, March 10th

• Thursday, March 17th

• Later than March 17th

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I bought the Ausurion Insurance and I didnt need it (D1) but its a good option/fallback

Verizon just updated their facebook with a link to their insurance offer. The Thunderbolt shows up as an option in the list...its good to see it showing up in more places! (although i wouldn't buy the insurance)

here's the link they gave:
Total Equipment Coverage Enrollment

jw, why wouldn't you buy the insurance? I'm wanting to get some kind of coverage with the thunderbolt considering how expensive it is and such. what would you guys recommend?

Verizon just updated their facebook with a link to their insurance offer. The Thunderbolt shows up as an option in the list...its good to see it showing up in more places! (although i wouldn't buy the insurance)

jw, why wouldn't you buy the insurance? I'm wanting to get some kind of coverage with the thunderbolt considering how expensive it is and such. what would you guys recommend?

To each their own but I always get insurance. It sems that sometime through the year either by myself or kids, or pets, or act of god I have to use it. Case in poiint. My D1 been going since day 1 and never had any issue. Was planning on getting TB and giving the D1 to the kids for a wifi device... last week the charge port went out.. No issue if the TB was here, but alas we still don't know. I called Verizon and today I am using my free new D1.. already rooted and re-flashed.. So my point being it took up till the very end of my D1 but the insurance came through. Now I can still give to kids or sell and since it is new I can get more money for it. So TB def getting insurance. Not sure with who yet. Usually do Assurion and since I have been with Verizon so long I get even Droids replaced for free or worse case $50 for water damage.. Small price to pay for such an expensive device out right..

I have and have had the insurance on every phone I've owned through VW since I signed my first contract. The only time I've ever needed it. was with the phone before my Voyager, the Chocolate. (Yeah, I know! lol)

You get up to 2 replacements with it and both replacements I received were garbage. Imagine that happening with a smart phone. Luckily, that wasn"t my case.

Now I will be signing up for a 1 year contract and just getting the extended warranty which is $1.99 where I am.I won't be bothering with the insurance.

I could see why the peace of mind would be desirable, but this time, I'm skipping it. I'll take the $1.99 over the $5.99 this time around.

Just my 2cents.

To each their own but I always get insurance. It sems that sometime through the year either by myself or kids, or pets, or act of god I have to use it. Case in poiint. My D1 been going since day 1 and never had any issue. Was planning on getting TB and giving the D1 to the kids for a wifi device... last week the charge port went out.. No issue if the TB was here, but alas we still don't know. I called Verizon and today I am using my free new D1.. already rooted and re-flashed.. So my point being it took up till the very end of my D1 but the insurance came through. Now I can still give to kids or sell and since it is new I can get more money for it. So TB def getting insurance. Not sure with who yet. Usually do Assurion and since I have been with Verizon so long I get even Droids replaced for free or worse case $50 for water damage.. Small price to pay for such an expensive device out right..

You actually got a brand new replacement D1???????!!!!!!

right, I saw an ad on this site for a third party insurance but verizon's insuarance looked just as cheap and it is with them so it seems like less of a hassle. I will probably just get it insured through them and pay the extra $6-7 bucks a month. any advice is welcome, ty for the reply

You actually got a brand new replacement D1???????!!!!!!

Well I am sure along the lines it has to be a refurb since the D1 hit EOL back in the day, but it came in a new box and everything.. Wasn't the normal white box with certified sticker on it.. So.. thats what I know.. Even with refurb most are garbage, and if you ever get one then you can fight and get new phones, or comparable. Only had to do that once back in the Razr days.. I really don't know what they must show on my account, but every time I go to Verizon or call them it seems that they roll out the red carpet.. Been with them over 10 years cause of this.. Sure hiccups through the years with certain reps, but always after they enter my number in the system they treat me like I am royality and I know for a fact I am far from that.. Only wish they would share some TB love..

In my case insurance is a must. $700 to replace would hurt. Especially since I do not have a good track record.
Mulched 4 hour old brand new phone with lawn mower, bad holster, Hurricane Ivan, left on front bumper, fell out of pocket into river, slipped and fell broke screen and the list goes on.

I definitely got my moneys worth

I know this for a fact because my bottle of ibuprofen supply is dwindling faster every day.:)

So Hook only your ibuprofen has dwindled???? My liquor cabinet is in dyer need of replenishment!!! hahahahaha

I am hoping only a week to go. I really think it may be the 10th.... Or at least that is what I am praying!!

I know this for a fact because my bottle of ibuprofen supply is dwindling faster every day.:)

So Hook only your ibuprofen has dwindled???? My liquor cabinet is in dyer need of replenishment!!! hahahahaha

I am hoping only a week to go. I really think it may be the 10th.... Or at least that is what I am praying!!

You two do realize that you will only have a week of "peace and quite" before the insanity and drama begins again for the next one Bionic?? Better refill quickly. :pint::pint::pint::pint::pint::pint:

right, I saw an ad on this site for a third party insurance but verizon's insuarance looked just as cheap and it is with them so it seems like less of a hassle. I will probably just get it insured through them and pay the extra $6-7 bucks a month. any advice is welcome, ty for the reply

Just checked, 6.99 Monthly, Fee 99.00 Deductible

You two do realize that you will only have a week of "peace and quite" before the insanity and drama begins again for the next one Bionic?? Better refill quickly. :pint::pint::pint::pint::pint::pint:

Hahaha but I somehow think the release of the Bionic will also be pushed back a little while too. Hopefully those waiting for the Bionic will get more info out of VZW than we have gotten for the TB. Our craziness will also increase once the TB is released and everyone has their hands on it and are filled with questions........... Fun times ahead!!!

March 10th is the most solid looking date and once a date is OFFICIALLY announced ill b one happy camper. Somebody if you hear somethin before I do tell me.

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums App

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back