NEW: When Will the ThunderBolt be Available for Purchase?

When will it be available?

• Thursday, March 3rd

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Friday, March 4th

• Thursday, March 10th

• Thursday, March 17th

• Later than March 17th

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have a 14 day return period ($35 restocking fee). Probably going this route myself since I'm leaving VZW on the 10th and want to do one last "employee upgrade" before I go :)

I need some serious advice, I pre-ordered this at best buy and have a 2 year upgrade available. Anyways I have gone a month without a phone and I can't take it anymore. Is there a good way I can get a phone and then trade it in by the time the thunderbolt is out?

March 10th is the day I'm looking at according to both best buys near me, don't think I can wait 10 more days. It also might not even come out by then for sure so please I need some help! Much thanks ahead of time.

DroidForums Junkie!!

You have a 14 day return period ($35 restocking fee). Probably going this route myself since I'm leaving VZW on the 10th and want to do one last "employee upgrade" before I go :)

I need some serious advice, I pre-ordered this at best buy and have a 2 year upgrade available. Anyways I have gone a month without a phone and I can't take it anymore. Is there a good way I can get a phone and then trade it in by the time the thunderbolt is out?

March 10th is the day I'm looking at according to both best buys near me, don't think I can wait 10 more days. It also might not even come out by then for sure so please I need some help! Much thanks ahead of time.

DroidForums Junkie!!

Never tried it before but would you think it'll be the same at Best Buy?

Verizon just updated their facebook with a link to their insurance offer. The Thunderbolt shows up as an option in the list...its good to see it showing up in more places! (although i wouldn't buy the insurance)

here's the link they gave:
Total Equipment Coverage Enrollment

It is funny how each little department and process seems to act independently and they roll out needed features at different times. I guess it makes sense. It also gives us junkies a bit of excitement and confidence along the way.

jw, why wouldn't you buy the insurance? I'm wanting to get some kind of coverage with the thunderbolt considering how expensive it is and such. what would you guys recommend?

To each their own but I always get insurance.
Small price to pay for such an expensive device out right..

For the "average" owner insurance is a rip-off. It is designed statistically by the Actuariala to be that way. Should be obvious but insurance on anything is profit for the insurer and a loss for the insured (again on average). It's all about your estimated likelihood of a "catastrophic" event. If you think there is a good chance for that then insurance will be a good choice.

Yeah, while I have never lost a phone 2 of my phones have made it in the washing machine because I left it in my pocket, and one got ran over by a car. If you need it even once it is well worth it to have insurance. Its still a gamble, if u never use it it is wasted money.

On a $750 phone there is no way I am not getting it.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

I'm not sure what their return policy is honestly.

DroidForums Junkie!!

DroidForums Junkie!!

Another VZW Tweet...

Every time I get one, I think it will be an announcement about the TB, but instead they just tell me how fast LTE is and that I can't have a phone that I can use on LTE... :icon_evil:

I'd say on a $700 phone ~$6.99 a month would give me some nice peace of mind and allow me to not freak out evertime I hand someone my phone to look at something or set it on the table.

Another question though: How are you guys going to carry it? I was thinking just in my pocket w/o a silicone/hard case, just screen protector. I don't really care for hip holsters cause I did use one of those for awhile. Not really sure what the other options are if there are any. Worried about it being gigantic in my pocket from the awesome 4.3" screen.... I can see my wife now, "Is that a thunderbolt in your pocket or are you happy to see me?"

I also once was loudly anti-insurance. Losing my phone was never a thought. It was losing my D1's screen sensitivity simply by being out in a light mist and having VZW being so callous about them not being responsible that pushed me towards getting insurance but I still don't consider using VZW's insurance. Luckily D1's were fairly cheap ($180) on ebay but I sure don't want to pay for another TB in the near future.

I'm not sure what their return policy is honestly.

DroidForums Junkie!!

DroidForums Junkie!!

Thank you anyways! I'll probably just go pick one up today from verizon

MunStir,

At BestBuy, you can get an X or Incredible or whatever and have 30 days to return it (no restocking fee) for the Thunderbolt. I told the guy at bestbuy, we're getting 3 X's today, cases, and screen protectors and we'll be returning it all for the Thunderbolt when it comes out. He said as long as it's within the 30 days, (45 days for premium customers) and in good condition.

Note: Once you have the service for 14 days, you're locked into the contract with Verizon.

MunStir,

At BestBuy, you can get an X or Incredible or whatever and have 30 days to return it (no restocking fee) for the Thunderbolt. I told the guy at bestbuy, we're getting 3 X's today, cases, and screen protectors and we'll be returning it all for the Thunderbolt when it comes out. He said as long as it's within the 30 days, (45 days for premium customers) and in good condition.

Note: Once you have the service for 14 days, you're locked into the contract with Verizon.

Not bad thank you, would you happen to know if there is a restocking fee at best buy as well?

BB's is still 30 days? Good to know! :)

MunStir,

DroidForums Junkie!!

BB's is still 30 days? Good to know! :)

MunStir,

DroidForums Junkie!!

I find that a little hard to believe. BB is not known anymore for being a place to easily return electronics. 1 of 2 things: Either the salesperson hasn't heard, or I'm completely wrong.

Not to second guess the mods, but why was the other thread closed? Did I miss something because of stupid work?

Sent from my Eris

Jumping the gun. Didn't want it to get out of hand. Light blows from one to another but nothing i would have closed it down for...but thats not my call...and don't want it to be. It's a freakin' phone people (and not all that great IMO) The "real deal" phones are coming! The TB is just a teaser phone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back