Nice Burn Verizon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok...I`ll bite...and try to give some advice from my perspective...take it for what its worth..

You really only have 3 options at this point...
1) Keep your outdated D1, and take the advice that has already been offered, as well as encouraged, and root/ROM it to bring it back to life and extend that life to get you through until you can upgrade more affoably.
I can definitely appreciate this kind of post a lot more than your prior. I do appreciate it sir or madam. At this point Im considering rooting. I know I kept saying I wouldnt and I do have an upgrade coming up but I also have some free time. Maybe Ill look into it with my friend the next time I see him, hes interested as well as I mentioned.

2) Bite the bullet and spend some coin on a comparable phone that meets the requirements you have...hardware keyboard, fast processor and as much RAM as you can get so that the OS is smooth and has low/No lag. To this end, your options are fairly limited...either a D2, D2G or the illustrious R2D2 D2...or maybe a Droid Pro, which I havent seen anyone so far mention as an option...forgive me if it was. I keep seeing where you dont want a non-hw KB, but if you can see yourself using an iPhone, I dont see why you couldnt jump on a Droid X...it has everything else you are looking for, as well as doing what the iPhone basically does, which is double as a portable MP3 player...with the added ability of expanding the SD memory...
No one mentioned a Droid Pro, AFAIK. I looked at that phone and turned the other way. Its just not as sleek as Id like. Thanks for the idea though. Im more willing to jump to the iPhone because I have an iTouch. I already know, for the most part, what Im getting into. Ive used the Droid X before and I wasnt impressed. Its way too big for my liking. I used Swype on my mothers Fascinate and, while it was okay, Im not really aching to have it.

3) Go get the iPhone...without the KB you say you have to have...except in the case of the iPhone because it has a "few" games you like which is enough to make you live without the KB....:icon_eek::icon_eek::icon_eek: <---That alone makes me sure you really dont want anything but the iPhone, and all other options are moot...
I see a few games and a few apps that I like there, however Im losing more than a few games and apps that I like here on Droid. It isnt that I wanted nothing but the iPhone. Im still working on trying to figure out how to get an R2D2 and if its worth it.

Again, and I am sure there are other DX users here who will back me up...there is nothing the iPhone does(discounting the FFC and video chat, features I really dont see a use for), that the DX cant do...but the iPhone cant say the same thing... The DX is also sporting a larger screen, which translates to it having a larger on-screen keyboard to type on...yet another thing the iPhone doesnt...but, you make the call.
I dont see much use for a Forward Facing Camera myself but itll definitely eliminate those annoying 'Looking In The Mirror To Take My Own Picture' shots. The video chat, however, means alot to me because I have a friend who can do that as well. Im sure its nowhere near as cool as Im hoping, probably equal with a webcam and the novelty wears off after a few minutes but even so Id like to try it out.

You couldnt give me 2 iphone 4`s for my 1 DX...its just not a worthy deal IMHO...:)
Sounds like you got a really good phone.

Ok so I just switched from iPhone 4 to Droid. Here is my two cents. One, there are SOOOOO many features the droid has that, honestly, blows the Iphone out of the water. There is no "voice features" at all. If you want a GPS, that will set you back 50$ and then a monthly subscription. Droid is free. Notifications suck really bad, you are going to miss your notifications bar alot. The camera is pretty nice on the iPhone, but nothing too fancy. The screen is tiny and compared to other phones like the thunderbolt or droid x......just plain sad. I could go on and on but I wont. Point being, if you want nice apps, and an apple logo, get the iPhone.
Would you believe I never use the "voice features"? I do enjoy Google Maps, that app is amazing and I use it often. If I were to switch over I know Id miss it. Ive heard of the notifications sucking. Not only do you not get a flashing light but also you only get some boring ringtones. Hopefully thatll change soon, I mean real soon. One thing I noticed about the iPhone that I dont like, it seems to take forever to get things that shouldve been there since the beginning.

Alright, I'll take another stab.

Don't... Don't go by reviews on vzw. I'm willing to bet that the majority of them are posted by people that are unhappy and want to vent while people that are happy are enjoying their phones in peace. For guidance, go to a forum for that phone and ask there. There you will get a more realistic cross section of users. Also, put that up against reviews by independent websites like engadget, which will compare the phone in the context of the total mobile market, across providers and platforms. This will give you a much better basis to go on.
I usually do that when Ive just about made my decision. It does help to go to more than a few sites for reviews. I use Verizon for my first impression and then when I want one I ask around and check other places for reviews.

Now about keyboards..

Physical keyboards are a tiny section of the market, for better or worse. There are no iphone with a physical kb. And very few androids per generation, for all providers. Manufacturers know you give up a lot of features for a physical kb -- form factor, dimensions, cost...and to keep those down they cut other hardware like screen size.

Input on iphone versus androids without physical kbs... You don't have the option of swype at all. Nor do you have swiftkey which is widely regarded as the best non-swype-style keyboard. From what I heard, it crushes keyboard options for the iphone.

Also, swype is weird... Really. It takes a shift in the way your brain processes words for entry. That doesn't happen in the three minutes you test it at the store. Commit to it, for at least a couple days. And then you will look back at your reticence and think, "Why did I ever doubt modisch."
Ill give Swype another try next time I get the opportunity.

Like I said, I came from an LG Envy, which has a physical keyboard, and I was torn over the D2 or DX. And when I first got the dx and started swyping, I thought, "Dammit, I should have gotten the d2.... Can I switch still?" But then, after a few days, swype clicked and I was faster and more confident on swype. And, as I said, my parents both bought d2's, because of the keyboard, and now wish they had dx's now that they've learned to swype. I kid you not, my mom said to me the other day that she doesn't even use the physical keyboard anymore.

That feature you are desperate for? Swype has rendered the physical keyboard on a sixty-something grandmother's phone vestigial and unused.

If you must have one, consider a miniature bluetooth keyboard for those few times you need one. There are numerous options for that, many that are no bigger than a droid kb. Ask around on the forums for recommendations for bt keyboards.
Bluetooth keyboards. Ive heard of them but never really seen one. I might have to check that out. Thanks. But wouldnt that be more of an inconvenience hauling that around? I remember when I used to carry my Bluetooth it was a pain in the neck. It took me actually losing one when I reached into my pocket to stop carrying it. I did find said Bluetooth a few days later but sadly it had rained the night before and it was trash.

As for speed...

You have probably spent more time on hold with verizon trying to get a new phone than it would take to root and flash yours.
Probably. I think when I was on the phone with them last it was over an hour.

But, if you want a truly fast phone that will last a decent amount of time (obsolescence is a fact of gadgets and it will come for you even if you get an iphone)... the Samsung Galaxy S II is coming out on verizon in may. In benchmarks, it is more than 10x faster than an OG droid. It also has an unlocked bootloader so it can be modded more than a droid 2.... So you can put the best rom available on it and go even faster with less battery use. It is a beast.. I lust for it.
That does indeed sound like an amazing phone, Ill have to look into it. Is it huge like the X though?

Again, the platform isn't your problem. The only problems you've expressed can either be fixed within the realm of Android options or won't be fixed with an iphone.
I agree to an extent. My main problem was the contract and missing out on the phone I wanted. Then you add onto that the fact that my phone continued acting stupid and has progressively gotten worse, well thats just a recipe for disaster.

As said, there are a lot of features you give up with an iphone. An iphone is just an ipod touch that makes calls. Ask yourself, if your ipod touch had 3g, gps, and could make calls, would it completely satisfy you? Bearing in mind that an iphone will have less storage, cost more, and will have less battery life as it will also be drained by use as a phone or gps (and generally be used more).
Tricky question. So far? Im thinking it might. For one I wouldnt have to carry my iPod anymore. Thats one serious plus. For another I wouldnt have to worry about videos trashing my battery. I have a bunch of videos on my Droid but I dont dare watch them. What good is all this stuff if itll kill the battery really fast? The iPhone I was planning to get is 32GB. It does indeed cost $100 more than any other phone but at the same time I have much more storage space. Im not about to buy a 32GB microSD, my 4GB does well enough for this Droid but Im well aware that for the iPhone youll need as much memory as you can get. I see your point though and didnt think of it that way. Never really considered the GPS draining it.

Comparison of iOS devices:
List of iOS devices - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The hardware features you lose going from android to iphone should be clear. Just dig at both your devices and see what is missing. No access to the battery. No sd card slot. You need a special adapter for everything since you don't have usb or hdmi.

Other platform features you lose... As mentioned, notifications. Rotation locking. Widgets, for God's sake. Actual folders. Mobile hotspot. Flash support. HD video.

An actual file tree... File explorer. Accessing the sd card or internal memory like an actual computer. That would drive me nuts. No app drawer. No homescreens. The iphone didn't get multitasking until the iphone 4. That's just an atrocity.
Now we get to the nitty gritty. This is the kind of thing I wanted to see. You look at the phone and yes its obvious but when things are going wrong you couldnt careless. Thank you for putting things back in perspective. However, this is a Droid 1 were talking of. Id miss the USB ability, widgets and definitely notifications but what is rotation locking? Everybody says Flash support is a joke and I must agree, its garbage. My phone cannot be used as a Mobile Hotspot though thatd be nice, and neither does it have HD video. Whats this file tree? Ive never heard of File Explorer. The accessing the internal memory would be greatly missed as I said. The app drawer is the Menu button right? Im not sure. Doesnt the iPhone have home screens and folders? It took forever but Im sure the second to latest update gave it folders. I know, too long, why do these things always take so long? And what multitasking does either phone do? I hear of this often but I have yet to really get it.

To me, an Android is a pocket-sized computer. The iphone is an ipod touch that makes calls. It may have been the first smash hit smartphone, but Android makes it look less smart.

I really think the iphone doesn't fix your problems. Your problems *can* be fixed with an android phone. The fix that takes the least effort? Get a Droid 2 Global. It will be faster than your current phone, have better battery life, and most likely eliminate your instability (which may be due to a faulty phone). Alternatively, ditch the keyboard requirementand get a dual core phone. Dual cores are faster and have better battery life.

Also, regarding battery life, you can get higher capacity after market batteries for an android... You can't easily do that for an iphone nor can you swap batteries on the fly.

Again, a long post but I think I addressed your concerns as well as I can.

-m

{ DroidX «» Liberty 2.0.1 «» TapaTalk }
You did, I appreciate that. I have no doubt that my problems can be fixed with an Android phone, all except the plan, but problem is that ATM I cant find even one that interests me. I may have to drop the physical keyboard prerequisite and that truly saddens me, but even then I still dont see anything worth having.

Now for the record, I just went to VerizonWireless.com and checked out the reviews for the Droid 2 Global. 3 1/2 stars still. The main problem is the battery, some people have freezing issues and all the Verizon software just angers them to no end. Myself, I had no problem with MotoBlur but I have no doubt itll slow my phone down considerably. I already deal with slow now so Im not too thrilled to see that. Not to mention its already old news and has been for over a year. The battery complaint applies to the iPhone as well. The Droid Pro has horrible battery life and likes to reboot randomly. I remember my phone used to do that. I know, probably a faulty app. Im not interested in that phone anyway but still checked it out. 3 1/2 stars. I know, dont trust Verizon but as I said, thats the first place I go. Its been brought up a few times what my problem is with the phone, no real problem, its just old. I could deal with that for the R2D2 because its Limited Edition. The Global one? Not so much. Even the iPhone 4, Im debating if thats a good idea. Isnt it around time for them to drop the iPhone 5? Then the Droid 3, its obvious I should wait for sometime before I update. Better get the quickest and best phone I can since Im stuck for two years.

Droid 3 is expected in July (or at least in the summer). I'm looking at that because I also have the D1 and really need more space for apps (Yes I put as many as I can on my card). BTW how did you end up with a 4gb card and not a 16gb? That was with my D1. I found with a 25 minute comedy and playing games at lunch it'll go down to 80% battery (from fully charged). But that's expected.

iPhone 5 out in September, from what I read.

If you're willing to wait a few ideas.
Droid X2 is out soon. Rumored is May 12. Like the iPhone no keyboard, but an idea. it looks pretty good to me.
Ah, here's the post [Rumor] 3 New Android Phones for VZW in May: Droid X2, LG Revolution, Sony XperiaPlay probably none that meet ALL your requirements, but worth looking at. Might be worth waiting until, say the 20th or so, go to the Verizon store and see what they have and what they're like.
Droid Charge. Some where thinking out Thursday, May 5 because that's when the challenge to find and win a free one ends.
The Bionic looks like a good phone, but they're delaying it a little bit. This one looks good too. Although might be out after the Droid 3.

If my Droid 1 can hold off until when the D3 comes, I'm getting that one. I'm on my second one, a refurbished one, and it's working good, unrooted, but slow, lags and not enough memory for apps (I get bored with the same game, except WordFued).

Oh, that's another suggestion I thought of. Amazon's Cloud Player. Then you don't need music on your phone. I'm using that, with a few albums on my card if I'm not in a 3G or Wifi area. Love the Cloud Player. I've haven't used my MP3 player since I've got my Droid, except to help me fall asleep with (I figure I'll just keep all that on there, except one if I need it for a quick nap at lunch). It stays at home. I was using Pandora radio before ACP.
Even if you do the free 5gb, that's at least 5GB of music you'll have at your finger tips on your phone. And it looks like you could take some off the ACP and then put some more on there as you want so you don't get bored.

I dont know who told you Handcent is on the iPhone... All handcent does on the Droid is mimmick the iPhone stock message app.

I say go to a verizon store and look at some phones. Droid charge looks cool

Droid 3 is expected in July (or at least in the summer). I'm looking at that because I also have the D1 and really need more space for apps (Yes I put as many as I can on my card). BTW how did you end up with a 4gb card and not a 16gb? That was with my D1. I found with a 25 minute comedy and playing games at lunch it'll go down to 80% battery (from fully charged). But that's expected.

iPhone 5 out in September, from what I read.
Howd I get such a small SD card? Its odd, I just checked mine to make sure. It is indeed a 16GB. I just have about 2GB left I think, thats why I keep thinking its a 4GB.

Thing about the iPhone, Im waiting for the press release on it. Think thats in June sometime. I want to know if its going to have customizable notifications, what all it has and if its coming to Verizon.

If you're willing to wait a few ideas.
Droid X2 is out soon. Rumored is May 12. Like the iPhone no keyboard, but an idea. it looks pretty good to me.
Ah, here's the post [Rumor] 3 New Android Phones for VZW in May: Droid X2, LG Revolution, Sony XperiaPlay probably none that meet ALL your requirements, but worth looking at. Might be worth waiting until, say the 20th or so, go to the Verizon store and see what they have and what they're like.
Droid Charge. Some where thinking out Thursday, May 5 because that's when the challenge to find and win a free one ends.
The Bionic looks like a good phone, but they're delaying it a little bit. This one looks good too. Although might be out after the Droid 3.
I didnt know about any of these. Thanks.

If my Droid 1 can hold off until when the D3 comes, I'm getting that one. I'm on my second one, a refurbished one, and it's working good, unrooted, but slow, lags and not enough memory for apps (I get bored with the same game, except WordFued).
No Angry Birds? Seriously? Wow. I have a severe memory problem with my Droid as well but I periodically go through and wipe all of the apps that Im not using or that Im sick of looking at. Others I make sure theyre on the SD card. Keeps a little bit of space open but its rarely enough.

Oh, that's another suggestion I thought of. Amazon's Cloud Player. Then you don't need music on your phone. I'm using that, with a few albums on my card if I'm not in a 3G or Wifi area. Love the Cloud Player. I've haven't used my MP3 player since I've got my Droid, except to help me fall asleep with (I figure I'll just keep all that on there, except one if I need it for a quick nap at lunch). It stays at home. I was using Pandora radio before ACP.
Even if you do the free 5gb, that's at least 5GB of music you'll have at your finger tips on your phone. And it looks like you could take some off the ACP and then put some more on there as you want so you don't get bored.
Cant say that I ever used that. I do know that I tried the stock MP3 player and it was garbage. I still use my iPod. That, and if I even think about using the phone as an MP3 player Im sure the battery will start draining.

I dont know who told you Handcent is on the iPhone... All handcent does on the Droid is mimmick the iPhone stock message app.

I say go to a verizon store and look at some phones. Droid charge looks cool
Thatd be my fault. I kept reading the Handcent updates where they say 'iPhone compatibility' and thinking they referred to Handcent being on iPhone as well. I think it actually means that its more compatible with sending txts to iPhones now though there may be a problem with the emoji plugins. Either way, Handcent is an app that will definitely be missed.

I do have Angry Birds and love it. But sometimes I want to play something else.
Some apps don't go to my card so my memory on my phone gets full.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

Um its goal isnt even to mimic the stock iPhone text app, if that were its goal it would be plain and basic. It is highly customizable text app using the stock droid text app has a back end for sending the message.

Just wait for the D3. Why do you need a new phone this minute. I'm coming up on my upgrade and waiting for the D3.

Just wait for the D3. Why do you need a new phone this minute. I'm coming up on my upgrade and waiting for the D3.
Because mine acts up all the time and Im tired of it. However I have decided to wait it out for a short while. My upgrade isnt available until July so Im willing to wait that long and see what comes out.

You know something else I just remembered, Live Wallpapers. That would be greatly missed as well even though I havent used one in awhile.

Cant say that I ever used that. I do know that I tried the stock MP3 player and it was garbage. I still use my iPod. That, and if I even think about using the phone as an MP3 player Im sure the battery will start draining.

I drop maybe 10% every couple hours playing music over bluetooth on my X. Less with plug-in headphones. Playing mp3s uses almost no battery.

Thats your X. My phone loses battery from just looking at it apparently. When your phone gets like this youll find yourself avoiding things that you know will drain it. For example, last night I had about 80% charge. I played Angry Birds maybe ten minutes and I got a message that I was on 15%. Few more minutes, flashing red. Thats just pitiful.

2) I dont want the Global yet its the only one with a slide out keyboard. Far as I know there arent any Droids with a slide out keyboard coming out anytime soon so Im looking at the iPhone 4.

I don't get it.....iphone does NOT have a physical keyboard.....doesn't even have a removable SD Card (so no upgrade in size for you bud)....am I the only one that see's that doesn't make sense?

anyway....I say root the D1, flash PE GB on there, and enjoy a much faster, more responsive, snappier (I know they mean the same thing but it adds to my list to put them seperate) and over all much more enjoyable phone. Trust me....the way your phone looks and acts right now is a complete 180 from what it will be.....providing you don't have hardware issues.

I have a D2 OC'd to 1.25GHz....my sister now has an X.....my buddy has an iphone 4.....all the above envy (myself included) my wife's D1. It drives me nuts how much faster her phone is. I mean yeah it's just a tad slower than my OC'd D2 but we are comparing a phone that is stock 550MHz to phone's that are stock 1GHz or better.

Impressive I say.

Not to mention there are like 165 ROM's for you to chose from for the D1 and countless theme's and more. We have tried almost all the top preferred one's and finally settled on the PE GB ROM.

Just my opinion. If you were close I would say come on over and check out her D1.....hmm......maybe I take a screencast and show you.

I can help you through all of this if you wish. But I have been offered the Idon't 4 and passed (duh), Tbolt=pass, DX=pass....all because I am waiting for the Droid 3.....you know the dual core Droid coming out with a 4" screen and a 5 row physical keyboard......yeah....you should hold out for that IMO

Real quick to get back to the SD Card comment.....I recently upgraded to a 32GB card and my buddy is WAY jealous that his idon't can't do that.

I don't get it.....iphone does NOT have a physical keyboard.....doesn't even have a removable SD Card (so no upgrade in size for you bud)....am I the only one that see's that doesn't make sense?
Nope, you`re not, as I pointed these things out earlier in the thread...

As far as what phone to get, if you are going to wait, then I agree with Nerds...get the Droid 3...it does everything your beloved iPhone does, and more, faster, sexier and with unreadability....

1) Are there any Droids on the horizon with a slide out keyboard or is that over and done with? I want to know because my plan was to get the iPhone for one year then immediately switch back to Droid once they put out another good one.
2) Is Handcent anywhere near as good on iPhone as it is on Droid? I see the app is there but is it as customizable?
3) I would also use the iPhone as my iPod. Would that drastically affect my battery life? I know it would mess it up but Im hoping that by the fourth generation they figured out some way to have both work out without draining the phone. I dont want to get on a two hour train with a full battery, listen to my iPod and get off with a dead battery or the battery flashing red. Thats just ridiculous.
4) One of the main selling points for me, besides more than a few apps that Droid doesnt have, was that whole video phone thing. Does the Verizon version have that and the forward facing camera as well?
5) Is the camera any good?
6) Is the reception any good? I guess that all depends on where you are.
7) Is this phone a good buy? Why should I NOT get it?

Im sure Ill have more questions later on but thats all I can think of right now. Any opinions?

1) Don't know about the upcoming phones however you NEVER EVER had the option of doing a 1yr contract with the iPhone also in order to have done a 1yr you would have to be almost out of contract so less than 4 months on a 2yr or less than 2 months on a 1yr. It sounds like you signed a 2yr so you would have had to wait 20 months since your last upgrade.

Also based off what I read the iPhone is the perfect phone for you. Since you don't like refurbished phones and have so many issues. The iPhones don't usually have user generated problems and replacements are new I believe. Which would solve your problem there.

2) I may be wrong but I think Handcent was originally created to make the droids more like the iPhone and then just became a way to get exactly what you wanted out of your sms app. Usually you have less system control (probably a good thing for you) on the iPhone so I doubt it works the same but you should be happy with the stock app.

3) When using the iPhone as an ipod it uses VERY little juice. Of course any use is going to take away from your talk time but it is much better than one would think. For the most part the iPhone uses the least amount of background energy so you should be happier with that battery than what is found on most android phones. The Droid Charge may have better battery life though.

4) Wow no offense and I don't like to flame but you could have answered this one yourself from a ton of different sources. My answer is as follows: It seems that apple wants a level playing field for ATT and VZW when it comes to the iPhone. I would highly doubt that Apple will ever have any major features available to either side and not the other. So YES it does have it!

5) On the iPhone? Absolutely it snaps photos much quicker than most android phones. The colors are accurate and overall it looks great. You also have the option of saving 2 copies of the picture one being in HDR (this slows the process down) There are probably better android camera's out there but if you took all the 5 and 8mp android cameras and rounded all the results the iPhone would come out on top and looks better than most 8mp android cameras

6) Is the reception good compared to??? I am quite certain there are some Android phones that are going to perform better than the iPhone but which ones? I am sure there are ones that do NOT perform as well. The iPhone for VZW does supposedly have a better antenna system than the ATT phone but when you compare that to the many years of experience and advanced antenna system in the phones like the droid x who comes out on top? I don't have a clue but if I was in a gambling mood I would probably throw my chips down on the X.

7) Is the phone a good buy? Yes for sure! especially for people who have become frustrated with android devices.

Lets face it either there is something wrong with your phone, there is something wrong with the way you use your phone, or your expectations for your phone are too high.

If you had not been closed minded about the replacement then it either would or would NOT have fixed your problem. If it did NOT fix your problem then you better believe that the issue was you or your expectations and NOT the replacement device itself.

Since you don't like refurbished phones then any way you put it you would not have been happy with the outcome.

iPhone can take care of 2 of your potential scenarios and probably even the 3rd. Because to my knowledge Apple replacements are new devices (i could be wrong but i doubt it). It is very very hard for you to screw up your iPhone since it is such a controlled environment and the OS only has to be written for 1 type of phone compared to probably 50-100 types of phones with android. It is also a more simplified OS (my grandma uses it everyday with no problem). Finally your expectations probably will not exceed what the device delivers since Apple usually delivers on the experience.

I feel that Android is a tinkerers phone and nothing can beet it for the technically inclined/obsessed. You are obviously not one of those people otherwise you would have been able to answer ALL the above questions yourself by searching reading and comparing objectively. Also you failed to realize that if the problem was actually the phone and not yourself that a refurbished device could not have been worse.

So my opinion is get the iPhone. Just don't get the iPhone 4 since my judgement on you is that you will be upset at Verizon (not yourself) when the iPhone 5 comes out.

hope that helps

PS the above are opinions, observations, guesswork, and conclusions based off what makes sense. So I might not be 100% correct on everything I said but that is the best your gonna get out of someone who is on an ANDROID FORUM NOT AN iPHONE FORUM!!!

I have a D2 OC'd to 1.25GHz....my sister now has an X.....my buddy has an iphone 4.....all the above envy (myself included) my wife's D1. It drives me nuts how much faster her phone is. I mean yeah it's just a tad slower than my OC'd D2 but we are comparing a phone that is stock 550MHz to phone's that are stock 1GHz or better.

Impressive I say.

Not to mention there are like 165 ROM's for you to chose from for the D1 and countless theme's and more. We have tried almost all the top preferred one's and finally settled on the PE GB ROM.

Just my opinion. If you were close I would say come on over and check out her D1.....hmm......maybe I take a screencast and show you.

I can help you through all of this if you wish. But I have been offered the Idon't 4 and passed (duh), Tbolt=pass, DX=pass....all because I am waiting for the Droid 3.....you know the dual core Droid coming out with a 4" screen and a 5 row physical keyboard......yeah....you should hold out for that IMO

I agree that the D1 is just AMAZING however I would still tell anyone who had such a negative experience with android to jump ship. If you read through these forums there are a lot of people with negative experiences and there is a higher percentage of tech savvy people on this forum compared to all users in general so image the difficulties that you do not even hear about from the people who have no clue what forums are. Go to an iPhone forum and you wont see as many frustrating issues.

Also as far as a dual core android phone is concerned bye the time VZW gets one Apple will probably be right around the corner with a dual core in their phone.

Also if you can't root the phone yourself DO NOT root it. You need to be at least tech savvy enough to do it bye finding a walkthrough on your own to do it because you need to be able to identify issues that are caused by a rom, a kernel or software compared to the phone itself which I am not sure you are there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back