No 4G / 3G or network connection after waking PLEASE HELP

I purchased the Bionic this last Saturday (3 days ago) and have had this problem CONSTANTLY since I got my phone. When I say constantly, I mean 4-8 times a day (Which is pretty constant for me). I have done relatively extensive testing to eliminate variables in the short time i've had the phone:

It happens to me regularly, regardless of whether or not the phone is "waking up" (putting it to sleep makes no difference).
It happens to me in many locations, some of which have LTE service but ALL had perfect (at least 2-3 bars) 3g service on my Thunderbolt.
It happens without wifi on.
It happens with mobile network set to LTE/CDMA OR just CDMA.
It SEEMS to be somewhat related to my gps location but that is nothing I am certain of yet.

I think that helps eliminate a few of the theories I read on this thread but I didn't read every post... I hope this helps.

I have also had a replacement of the phone (obviously brand new) and this occurred in both phones, as described above.

Did you get a new Sim Card with the new phone or did you use the old one? I've heard that this COULD fix it.

But from what I've heard from some of my guys is this is a known issue. They are working on a fix, but it isn't planned to be released with the upcoming update.

Oh, based on your post I thought you had LTE.

No. That's what scares me. The idea of having a bad radio and not finding out until its to late to get a replacement.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Happened to me this evening, first no 4g, then no 3g for about an hour. Toggled everything I could think of, no luck. Then my battery started getting low so i checked all the battery and data usage profiles, all were set to allow data.

Then 3g came back immediately when i plugged it into my computer to charge. Read this thread and removed the lte toggle app like another post said and 4g came back after 10 minutes or so.... weird

No. That's what scares me. The idea of having a bad radio and not finding out until its to late to get a replacement.

So when you have the phone on cdma/LTE you loose service?

Happened to me this evening, first no 4g, then no 3g for about an hour. Toggled everything I could think of, no luck. Then my battery started getting low so i checked all the battery and data usage profiles, all were set to allow data.

Then 3g came back immediately when i plugged it into my computer to charge. Read this thread and removed the lte toggle app like another post said and 4g came back after 10 minutes or so.... weird

Might be app incompatibility?

Love the speed of this thing, and none of the competition has an A9 processor in the works that I'm aware of... unless the prime is coming with one?

The DX2 and D3 both have A9 based CPUs. Prime should have one. Both the Samsung custom CPU (the eqox or whatever it's called) is A9 based as well as Tegra 2 and TI.

Mine is doing this stuff all the time. If I am on wifi, and leave the house, sometimes 3g doesnt come on ( no 4g here yet). Sometimes toggling airplane mode does it, but after leaving tonight, I had to reboot the phone. Sometimes after a phone call, it will not kick the 3G back in. When I activated the phone on release day, I had no 3G for a few hours.

This issue, and the whining noise in the headphone jack or the only issues. Considering I am an audiophile, the whining is pretty annoying, but I can live with it. The data kicking off 3 or 4 times a day is really really starting to annoy me.

Is this happening to everyone , or just certain phones? Thinking maybe I could swap out for another...Explaining to the techs at verizon who usually dont have a clue that there is an issue is a battle itself. Last year I had major synching issues with the Droid2 and Exchange, and had to pay the $35 to return it.

Mine is doing this stuff all the time. If I am on wifi, and leave the house, sometimes 3g doesnt come on ( no 4g here yet). Sometimes toggling airplane mode does it, but after leaving tonight, I had to reboot the phone. Sometimes after a phone call, it will not kick the 3G back in. When I activated the phone on release day, I had no 3G for a few hours.

This issue, and the whining noise in the headphone jack or the only issues. Considering I am an audiophile, the whining is pretty annoying, but I can live with it. The data kicking off 3 or 4 times a day is really really starting to annoy me.

Is this happening to everyone , or just certain phones? Thinking maybe I could swap out for another...Explaining to the techs at verizon who usually dont have a clue that there is an issue is a battle itself. Last year I had major synching issues with the Droid2 and Exchange, and had to pay the $35 to return it.

This is a known issue. I don't know anyone who has gone to Verizon and they didn't know what was going on with the Bionic.

For the headphone jack everyone has this issue I believe.

This is a known issue. I don't know anyone who has gone to Verizon and they didn't know what was going on with the Bionic.

For the headphone jack everyone has this issue I believe.

I wonder if they will find out it's some silicone issue or something rofl... in two months motorola will issue a recall on ALL bionics... one will have exploded in someone eardrum and caused permanent drain bamage.... er.....

I wonder if they will find out it's some silicone issue or something rofl... in two months motorola will issue a recall on ALL bionics... one will have exploded in someone eardrum and caused permanent drain bamage.... er.....

I believe a Droid 2 did blow up in someones face before...

Has anyone returned their Bionic and had the problem go away?

Kellex from DL did this and his problems went away. I'm thinking about maybe trying it... Worse case scenario it doesn't work and I need to wait for an update.

update for me! VZW fixed my non-existent 3G issue. No new phone, no factory reset. It was something on the network end apparently! Needless to say I'm stoked about it as I was ready to throw this thing back through the verizon window and wait on the Prime to get here. Now if they could take care of that pesky apps disappearing from the media area issue. or "insufficient memory available" for installs crap... 6 GB available... yeah try again -.-

and tjk thanks for the info on the prime, looks like it is an OMAP processor as well, and that's good enough for me! :D

Back