No 4G / 3G or network connection after waking PLEASE HELP

I would call tech and find out 2000. The issue with my phone was an issue with the wired portion of the network according to Verizon, I got a voicemail from the tech rep yesterday explaining it.

So I went to Verizon, and they put a new Simm card in my phone.

Only time will tell...However, one promising resut:

Before, when I switched to Wi-fi, 3G would go away. They didnt seem to co-exist in the notification bar. Now since the new simm card, they both are staying on in the notification bar.

Also, she warned me, that if it happens again tonight, I better bring it tommorow as the 14 day DOA policy will be gone....

keeping fingers crossed....

Also, another good sign, when making a voice call, immediately afterwards 3G comes up very fast. There was always a delay before...

Ok, I havent "really" lost data connections since I had the Simm replaced yesterday. However, a few strange things.

Now when on wifi, 3G stays on. Before the simm card, 3G would always switch off. However, last night at home, when on wifi, 3G would go off.

Today, I am on wifi at work, and 3G is on.

Yesterday, when placing a voice call ( which makes 3g go off), immediately after the call ended, 3G would come on. today, there is about a 5-7 second delay from the end of the call until 3G comes on.

Last night, I woke the phone up, and 3G was not on!! I have Exchange and push email. I have battery settings to always synch. It did come on after 5-10 seconds.

So , in short, since the Simm card replacement, it has been much better, but I am keeping my eye on the issue. At this point, I am keeping the phone and hoping Moto and Verizon will address this with an update. If not, I will live with it for a year, and if it gets bad, take it in for a replacement under the one year warranty. For the most part, I am loving the phone otherwise, as it never lags, and my X was very laggy and couldnt keep up with my demands.

Last night I hard reset and chose not to load previous settings, as mentioned on an earlier post.

Either VZW fixed something or it worked because I haven't had any issues since yesterday!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

SON OF A... AS I POSTED THAT I LOST 3G...

SON OF A... AS I POSTED THAT I LOST 3G...

I hate when hope gets squashed.

Have you tried a sim card replacement?

Yeah when I had my phone exchanged on Monday I had them do that too. I will say, when I posted earlier that I lost 3G it was only for a split second... and I have had no issues since. Ill keep updating.

I'm hoping either Moto/vzw come out with an explanation for the issue or that getting a replacement will fix it.

I just took a speed test with 1 bar LTE and got this:

86383843.png

I really want the Bionic to work out...

I recommend everyone just trying a hard reset and NOT restoring settings from account when you initially set up your gmail. I did that last night and all day tday i only had one, very brief (literally a second long) loss of 3G compared to 6-10 probably every day since I got the bionic. Worth a shot!

Its worth noting that I used my phone enough today to kill the stock battery and burn through 30% of the extended battery already and its 8pm.

I recommend everyone just trying a hard reset and NOT restoring settings from account when you initially set up your gmail. I did that last night and all day tday i only had one, very brief (literally a second long) loss of 3G compared to 6-10 probably every day since I got the bionic. Worth a shot!

Its worth noting that I used my phone enough today to kill the stock battery and burn through 30% of the extended battery already and its 8pm.

Are you doing the reset from the phone or recovery?

Do the reset on the phone (menu/settings/privacy/factory data reset). I'm glad to hear that this is at least helping some people, hopefully it will solve your problem as well. All of the data signal problems are not caused by the same issue but this worked for me, that's why I wanted to share the info and maybe help someone else finally enjoy their new Bionic too. 4GLTE is SWEET!!

Also keep in mind that I think there will always be times where you may lose your data signal for a moment or 2, but it shouldn't be for a really long time, or in my case it was definite until I did the reset. In any case it's at least worth a try instead of replacing the phone unnecessarily.

From the settings menu in the phone, not recovery.

YEAH... I did mine through Recovery... I think it's the same thing. So far I guess it's been ok. Haven't really used it much, LTE is switching over to 3G a lot though I'm HOPING it's just because of coverage.

15s4igi.jpg

According to vzw I'm pretty much on the edge. So I'm guessing that's why, but I hear people praise this phone for maintaining LTE in fringe areas...

boo... lost data for about 10 seconds. Not cool...

Think I'll go look at one from a store and see how the build quality is. If it's a lot better then mine I am returning it. If not then I'll hold on and hope the update will fix it.

Attachments

• Edge.jpg
    Edge.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 254
Activated my bionic today. No 4g/3g when LTE/CDMA enabled. Changed to CDMA and 3g worked. Called TECH and they said they have a ticket open to manfacturer that they are working on a software update.

:(((

Try editing data delivery

in the battery and data manager there is an option to enable and disable data access over the mobile network it turns 4g on and off, that fixed the connectivity that i had before with out doing a factory reset. hope this helps you. i'm not an expert just got the bionic last week.

Back