No update received?

Awesome! I'll try this first then if all else fails will try a FDR. THANKS! Will let ya know

Cool, you should be able to update manually w/o any problems since you're stock. Just follow the step by step directions that aaf709 posted earlier in this thread on how to update manually (putting the update file on the external sd card, booting into recovery mode and applying the update from there).

Make sure you apply my update file first, which will take you to .893. Then let the phone reboot / start-up normally and check the setting/system version to make sure it updated properly and then repeat the process with the .893 -> .902 file he linked to. Then you'll be totally up to date

Sigh....I hooked up a mini usb/usb from the computer to the phone...but it's only going straight to charging...not giving me the menu to choose for it not to charge and to use as data....where can I find that menu?

On the phone, did you go to Menu>Setting>Applications>Development and check "USB Debugging?" When you pull down on the Notification Bar the top should read "USB Connection," and should have 4 choices:

PC Mode
Windows Media Sync
USB Mass Storage (What you'll use)
Charge Only

Last edited:
FInally got that working, had to plug and unplug over a dozen times....now, have clicked usb mass storage but once it does that just goes to the home screen, there's nothing there for MOT of SD EXT? I'm sorry I'm such a pain, thought it would be easy to follow the directions but the phone isn't cooperating.... All that comes up on the computer screen is "which program do I want to use to view pictures"?
EDIT - turned phone off and on a couple times and now MOT showing in "my computer" (finally figured out that's where I was supposed to look) but no sd-ext...there is an "o" drive that shows all the stuff on the sd card (use that?) and if I go into storage on the phone itself it shows "unavailable" when looking at space on the sd card, etc....

Last edited:
It does do that, but I just click cancel. What does it look like in Window Explorer on the PC (I hope it's a PC, no clue using Apple)? Either removable drives?

I've never done this, but you can go to the link lykofos posted on the Bionic and download it directly to the phone. The problem is that it won't be in the right spot. You'd use a file program like Astro to move it to the right spot.

Last edited:
It does do that, but I just click cancel. What does it look like in Window Explorer on the PC (I hope it's a PC, no clue using Apple)? Either removable drives?

I've never done this, but you can go to the link lykofos posted on the Bionic and download it directly to the phone. The problem is that it won't be in the right spot. You'd use a file program like Astro to move it to the right spot.

I edited my post above, should I assume that the "o" drive is the sd-ext? seems to be

I edited my post above, should I assume that the "o" drive is the sd-ext? seems to be

Well, something is happening! O was the sd-ext...it seems to be installing the first update now, fingers crossed.

OMG! It's DONE! It's a miracle! I don't know how to thank all of you....can I send you flowers? lol! Really, thanks so much....now I can sleep again!

Glad to help. And thanks to lykofos for having the file.

What is your husband's phone on now? 5.5.893 or 5.9.902?

Going back to your comments, MOT is the internal card and you'd see a second drive (may be called "Removable Drive") which is SD-EXT. In your case, it became your "O" drive. And yes, on the phone it would be unavailable as it's connected to your PC. In my case, both are called MOT because I changed to a 32GB card and allowed the phone to format it.

Last edited:
He is up to .902 thankfully! See what you mean about the "o" drive...I figured that was it but didn't want to take a chance...glad I did! Thanks again to all of you who took the time to help me, it's much appreciated. Let's hope the next update they do comes ota...if not, I'll be back, lol!

He is up to .902 thankfully! See what you mean about the "o" drive...I figured that was it but didn't want to take a chance...glad I did! Thanks again to all of you who took the time to help me, it's much appreciated. Let's hope the next update they do comes ota...if not, I'll be back, lol!

That was a doozy of an update for you lol

Sent from my Rooted ICS'd VTAB1008 using DroidForums

Thanks again to all of you who took the time to help me, it's much appreciated. Let's hope the next update they do comes ota...if not, I'll be back, lol!

Awesome! Glad it worked smoothly and you're all up to date now!

You can always check the "system updates" menu again now that you've applied all the updates manually. If it says "Your device is up to date" then you're good to go and should receive the next one automatically. If not, you will most definitely be able to find it here once it's released.

Back