~OFFICIAL: FRG01B FroYo Issues/Solutions Thread~

I think you can toggle both those options in Quick Settings, which can be set to launch from the search button if you want. There was also a free widget called Dazzle which gave those options. Both are free in the Market and might provide a suitable workaround.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

since i got the 2.2 update (OTA, and i am not rooted), my phone has been kinda sluggish (among other issues). i went to a verizon store yesterday and asked about it. they said this was a common issue for the Droid 1 running 2.2. i was told they have some kind of 'special update' to 2.2 that is not being released OTA. it takes about an hour to install the update and it wipes everything from the phone. supposedly this will fix the issues i am having. i was unable to do the update yesterday because i got to the store about 30 min before they closed.

no one at verizon was able to really explain what it specifically did. im guessing they are just doing a 'clean install' of 2.2, but i dunno for sure. that is just my speculation.

i am just wondering if anyone has heard anything similar to this or knows anything about this?

Get the large file FRG22D and do a manual install. If you have a task killer remove it. Froyo does not play well with other task killers. Chris

Get the large file FRG22D and do a manual install. If you have a task killer remove it. Froyo does not play well with other task killers. Chris

i assume this was a response to me.

i do not use a task killer.
do you have a link to the "large file FRG22D"?

i was told they have some kind of 'special update' to 2.2 that is not being released OTA. it takes about an hour to install the update and it wipes everything from the phone.

Yeah, that? That's prime, Grade-A FUD and BULLSKYTE. All they're going to do is install the FRG22D SBF file. It also doesn't take an hour.

supposedly this will fix the issues i am having. i was unable to do the update yesterday because i got to the store about 30 min before they closed.

Yeah, that'd fix EVERYTHING, alright. It's a good thing you didn't get there "in time".

i am just wondering if anyone has heard anything similar to this or knows anything about this?

Nope, because it's bull. Whoever was there was trying to snow you, big time. Try this instead:

http://android.clients.google.com/packages/ota/verizon_voles/a5e329b00288.signed-voles-ota-50454.zip

Do you need install instructions?

When I was having alot of problems with FRG22D, Verizon told me to take it to a corporate run store and they will fix my phone. They told me the fix was to flash the phone back to 2.1 . I said never mind.

When I was having alot of problems with FRG22D, Verizon told me to take it to a corporate run store and they will fix my phone. They told me the fix was to flash the phone back to 2.1 . I said never mind.

that sounds like crapola. why wouldn't they just do use the large install file and clear out all cache and wipe the phone entirely? Maybe it doesn't work regulary, but it worked for me when I had ajor lag issues on my D1.

I'm curious, what is the difference between the 54054 file and the 45394 file? They are different sizes. Is one more recent?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Interesting!

This thread is to be used STRICTLY for reporting issues and support/solutions for FRG01B aka 2.2 Froyo ONLY.

~Please keep this thread clean of extraneous comments about 2.2 so that people reporting issues and seeking help can find the information easily~

A few FAQ answers: (If you think an important item should be mentioned here, pm a mod/smod!)

1) Flash is NOT included..it is in the Market, but currently invisible to Droid FroYo...Google should fix this issue soon.
2) Some Launchers (eg. Helix) may force-close (FC), so we await their dev's to make a compatible update. LauncherPro was my resolution on Nexus, haven't revisited Helix since.
3) Swype beta may not work/FC too, so delete JUST THE BETA, NOT THE INSTALLER, and re-download Swype beta...users report success on the re-install. (Must enable 'unknown sources in Settings).
4) Flash .apk can be downloaded from alternate sources, like MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service , please report back your results in this thread.
5) Reports are that the initial boot time is LONG....be patient, FroYo won't melt!
6) WiFi tethering/HotSpot has been removed by VZN from this build. USB tethering requires VZN plan update ($15?) unless alternate Market options used (EasyTether,PDANet) or rooted.
7) Market issues are unfortunately standard procedure..if an app cannot be found on the Market, try clearing Market cache in Applications, or contact the app dev, and they will hopefully (quickly) update their apps.

1) Flash is NOT included..it is in the Market, but currently invisible to Droid FroYo...Google should fix this issue soon.

I was able to get and install the Flash 10.1 version today.

I did have a problem with my X after the update was done. It would boot up but only show the M symbol.

Anyone have this problem??? I went to Verizon and the tech told me the OS might not have installed correctly cause my battery was not fully charged when I allowed the phone to install the update...I actually didn't know that I was installing Froyo either until after it was installed.

Any advice

Debtfree

Back