~OFFICIAL: FRG01B FroYo Issues/Solutions Thread~

What is your definition of normal use? I use my Droid thru out the day, talking to people, web surfing, facebook several times a day, camera use, messing with settings and I always got at least 24 hours out of it. What do you do with yours that gets such crappy battery use?[/QUOTE]

Basically I use mine at night to moderate the Forums, which means the display is on. As you probably are aware, Display is the #1 use of the battery. My display is usually on continuously in the evening hours.

Then usually I will play some Home Run Battle 3D and that draws a lot of juice as well. So that's why my battery life is short, and why I have extra batteries always available.

Ok. so after a week of a dead battery after only seven hours i uninstalled my task manager and now i'm rocking my droid all day again. I didn't want to think it but task killers really are messing with froyo. if your having battery problems like alot of us are, uninstall your task managers and try the phone like that for a week.

Hello! It has only been posted a million times! Froyo does not like task killers. If you go to the Market ATK is still on the list of top free apps. A friend was over the other day and she had both ATK and Lookout running! I removed both for her.dancedroid

Chris

Clarification!! Froyo doesn't like *automatic* task killers (because Froyo makes auto-respawn much easier for apps and you can get caught in a loop). HOWEVER, if you disable the auto-kill, taskkillers can still be helpful if you are a power user. I would also recommend Spare Parts app to track battery usage.

problem with vibrator ringer sense update?

Anyone else having a problem with the vibration ringer not working sense the latest update? Mine isn't working. Can still feel vibration on return to home key and other apps. But not on incoming calls?

Tim

Anyone else having a problem with the vibration ringer not working sense the latest update? Mine isn't working. Can still feel vibration on return to home key and other apps. But not on incoming calls?

Tim

The only issue I've heard about is that when you use the volume rocker down it only goes to vibrate, not to silence. I assume you've double checked your settings? My was vibrating on incoming calls and ringing at the same time.

Froyo - voice dial via bluetooth issues

Is anyone using this successfully?

I can connect to it from my car - and attempt to voice dial.. but so far, I've got it to find a contact ONCE. If I click 'voice dial' on the phone itself, it works about 95% of the time - but if I initiate it via bluetooth, it's useless. I just keep getting 'no record found' and 'good bye!'

Is it even using the same voice dial app? Anyone know why it works differently?

I can connect to it from my car - and attempt to voice dial.. but so far, I've got it to find a contact ONCE. If I click 'voice dial' on the phone itself, it works about 95% of the time - but if I initiate it via bluetooth, it's useless. I just keep getting 'no record found' and 'good bye!'

It's not your car. Lot's of people are having issues with the voice search, and this goes back to before 2.2 was introduced.

For whatever reason, I don't have an issue with the voice search using my bluetooth headset, but many, many other people, including my wife and my brother tell me this is a problem. I think it really goes back to the issue that they never fixed with the straight voice dial versus voice search. Voice search works pretty great but I think it uses voice dial for this and that's what is causing the problem. It never was fixed.

All I can say is keep trying, no work around or anything that I know of for this.

It's not your car. Lot's of people are having issues with the voice search, and this goes back to before 2.2 was introduced.

For whatever reason, I don't have an issue with the voice search using my bluetooth headset, but many, many other people, including my wife and my brother tell me this is a problem. I think it really goes back to the issue that they never fixed with the straight voice dial versus voice search. Voice search works pretty great but I think it uses voice dial for this and that's what is causing the problem. It never was fixed.

All I can say is keep trying, no work around or anything that I know of for this.

Strangely - voice dial works fine for me.. it's only via bluetooth. Will try it with a headset as well, just for comparison.

Droid running slow after 2.2 update (FRG01B)

I hate my droid right now. It's as useless as my old windows phone. The homescreen takes 5-10 seconds to load if it ever does. Forget trying to click icons or switch desktops...Even answering a call has a 5 second delay that has led to countless missed calls. Is there a way to roll it back to 2.1? At this point I'm considering tossing this phone if they don't correct this by the end of the week.

I hate my droid right now. It's as useless as my old windows phone. The homescreen takes 5-10 seconds to load if it ever does. Forget trying to click icons or switch desktops...Even answering a call has a 5 second delay that has led to countless missed calls. Is there a way to roll it back to 2.1? At this point I'm considering tossing this phone if they don't correct this by the end of the week.

Bring it in to a Verizon store and they can flash it back to 2.1

Have you tried doing a factory reset? Also are you using a task killer? Many have found TK to slow their phones..

If I do a hard reset, how do I get all my apps back? This is why I hated my Windows phone - every time there was an issue I had to do a hard reset. The phone was perfect before the 2.2 update. Oh well, "Don't fix it if it ain't broke"

I just installed flash from the Market on My D1. No issue. Funny, I can't see it in the Market on my D2 but I know it's installed.

I felt quite similar but installing ADW Launcher (Launcher Pro is fine to) fixed almost every one of my problems relating to homescreens etc. People always recommend a factory reset but that's such a big, and unnecessary, step. There is also a hack out there that is supposed to fix the stock launcher.

I felt quite similar but installing ADW Launcher (Launcher Pro is fine to) fixed almost every one of my problems relating to homescreens etc. People always recommend a factory reset but that's such a big, and unnecessary, step. There is also a hack out there that is supposed to fix the stock launcher.

I don't think it's 2.2 - I have stock 2.2 and I am having none of these issues. I did the manual update, added manual Flash then went to the Market Flash when that update was made available. I don't have a
task killer loaded. I use Open Home with 7 home screens. An occasional slow homescreen happens but it isn't the norm.

Some conflict with the applications you have loaded possible here?

I don't think it's 2.2 - I have stock 2.2 and I am having none of these issues. I did the manual update, added manual Flash then went to the Market Flash when that update was made available. I don't have a
task killer loaded. I use Open Home with 7 home screens. An occasional slow homescreen happens but it isn't the norm.

Some conflict with the applications you have loaded possible here?

Verizon told me yesterday that since the 2.2 Froyo update that about 25% of the Droid1's are not accepting the update. They told me that they are working on another update to help fix these issues. They also told me to go to a Verizon store and just have them flash the phone back to 2.1 .

Back